Zetman

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Re: Zetman

Post by fujinsan »

Libaax wrote:Hi guys i haven't read this manga for a long time and was thinking about reading it again. Mostly cause i thought the art was cool sometimes specially how Zetman and the other creatures looked.

I was wondering if Jin's story becomes real good ? I can stand the uninteresting rich kid if Jin's story is interesting enough.

I think its was digging yourself a grave by the author to show the future of the rich kid and Jin. I cant see the annoying little punk becoming some uber dangerous guy that takes down Zetman......
yeah i recently reread that part too and im like wtf?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well until we actually see what happens, who knows how they ended up in that position.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

uncempt wrote:OK, so I think Kouga's a little shit too, but he's kinda important. Wouldn't Zetman be a little plain without him? I mean we're pretty used to moody reluctant heroes clawing their way up from the gutters but I haven't seen that many characters like Kouga. He's mega-rich, girls throw themselves at him, etc. but he's competing with our anti-hero Jin. And it's the contrast between them that makes Jin so cool. :D
I dont know which mangas you read but Kouga is very common used in this type of stories.

I dont mind the stereotype of his but if you cant care about a character like him that is important for the story than its pretty pointless.

Hopefully he evolvs into someone you can dislike. If he doesnt become a mini Griffith(not as well done character of course) to Jin's Guts then it will hurt the story.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

well he apperently can defeat zetman there, did you know the creater was inspired by batman?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

No but it isnt surprising.

Specially seeing Kouga's rich,heir backround. The Bruce Wayne type.

I must say about the sex,rape scenes even despite being a Berserk fan and many other seinan manga, it disgusted me alittle too much hentai feel for my taste. I mean the arc at the start of the manga when we first see Kouga. He gets stuck with all those girls.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

yeah it was to much i mean getting raped and every single one of them dying anyway.
hai
imanewbie

Post by hai »

Starnum wrote:I just hate it when they edit the shit to make it for children.
Right, thats exactly why I read scanlations. I used to buy mangas, but when I realized they edited shits, such as fix bikini to one-piece, Japanese girls' PE shorts into long pants, make underware into full clothes, and cut a lot of good scenes in Ranma (they said containing adult stuff), i really disgusted and stopped wasting money to buy those mangas "for kid". Bravo internet, bravo scan groups, now i can read more original mangas and of course, for free.
I found some of Zetman raws at raw-paradise.com, but anyone has chapter 101 please share! What happens to the short hair girl?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

fujinsan wrote:yeah it was to much i mean getting raped and every single one of them dying anyway.
Yeah that felt very cheap to show it too much them getting raped. If it made sense for the story i wouldnt care but it felt like the rape scenes were there for no reason at all.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Libaax wrote:
fujinsan wrote:yeah it was to much i mean getting raped and every single one of them dying anyway.
Yeah that felt very cheap to show it too much them getting raped. If it made sense for the story i wouldnt care but it felt like the rape scenes were there for no reason at all.
yeah and after a while it just seemed like a hentai
hai
imanewbie

Post by hai »

fujinsan wrote:
Libaax wrote:
yeah and after a while it just seemed like a hentai
Exactly hentai. Katsura went too far on that. It frustrated a good plot, but seems better than monstrous rape in Berserk that made me sick, so I dont highly appreciate it.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Atleast that rape scene in Berserk had meaning. Guts being forced to watch Caske being raped by a former friend.

In Zetman it was pure hentai and nothing more.

How has the story been since ? I wonder if its become or worse.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I think Zetman has gotten better since then, or at least back to when it was good.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

well libaax did you read further than the orgy chapter if so it does give meaning to it.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Zetman is good again.
It could become a little better though :P

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

fujinsan wrote:well libaax did you read further than the orgy chapter if so it does give meaning to it.
I read further till the end of the arc. Saw what why those things happened to Kouga.

When i have catched up to Claymore, i will see how this series is progressing.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Bah, I really hope the coming chapters wont be all about Kouga again.
Would be interesting though to see what the armor can do

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I like kouga, i mean he's suffered enough to earn my respect.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Well I dont like him simply because he seems to be blindsided by his jealousy towards Jin.
Was a long time ago I read the chapters before 80 now but doesnt he want to kill Jin?

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I would think so because in the beginning he has jin in a little tight situation.
miyagiCE
Tastes like burning!

Post by miyagiCE »

fujinsan wrote:I've been waiting forever if they've got the chinese raws why no new chapters?
We are releasing them on a slow-paced schedule on purpose, as we would run out of raws before volume nine is released in case we hurried the process up. Right now we are about half through volume eight, and there still are no signs of a possible release-date for the next volume.

Think about the way the Hawks release Berserk; they don't care for magazine scans and only release tank ones either. Well, same with us. I refuse to edit from mag scans. It's not that no raws are available or that it's too difficult -- I simply don't care for wasting time on such shit.

Now you're gonna say: "What? Why? EG has been releasing other series using mag scans! Think of Berserk, Biomega, B.Reaction, NHK and the likes." Yeah, too bad, it's the editor's call on those projects. If they think that mag scans are worth spending their precious time on then that's fine. It's not up to me to decide. It is, however, up to me to decide what I work on. If I can stand the wait until the next volume, the reader should be able to do just the same. There are plenty of other manga out there to pass your time with. That said, don't even let me get started on releasing mags first, and then releasing tank versions once they are available. That's just stupid.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

hmm, was Kouga serious about the Cape and emblem things?
Spoiled little brat, never satisfied haha.

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

miyagiCE wrote:
fujinsan wrote:I've been waiting forever if they've got the chinese raws why no new chapters?
We are releasing them on a slow-paced schedule on purpose, as we would run out of raws before volume nine is released in case we hurried the process up. Right now we are about half through volume eight, and there still are no signs of a possible release-date for the next volume.

Think about the way the Hawks release Berserk; they don't care for magazine scans and only release tank ones either. Well, same with us. I refuse to edit from mag scans. It's not that no raws are available or that it's too difficult -- I simply don't care for wasting time on such shit.

Now you're gonna say: "What? Why? EG has been releasing other series using mag scans! Think of Berserk, Biomega, B.Reaction, NHK and the likes." Yeah, too bad, it's the editor's call on those projects. If they think that mag scans are worth spending their precious time on then that's fine. It's not up to me to decide. It is, however, up to me to decide what I work on. If I can stand the wait until the next volume, the reader should be able to do just the same. There are plenty of other manga out there to pass your time with. That said, don't even let me get started on releasing mags first, and then releasing tank versions once they are available. That's just stupid.
ok chill this debate was settled a while back
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

I thought the Kouga Arc was compelling in that it showed a naive and brave character trying to hold true to his ideals of justice only to have it all go to waste; a rude awakening....
his rich upbringing didnt sit well with me in the beginning, as I know what can usually come from such an upbringing (selfishness, vanity, pretension), but as his story progress I began to see that he was getting set up for a big downfall... everything he believed in was being proven false and he could do nothing but watch... I'd like to see more of his story in the future... like how pissed off he is and all.. maybe he's gone all "lone-star"

besides... at least he's human
"Happiness is an inside job"
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Seems like Zetman is going to have to hand out some more ass kicking in the chapter to come :)

[spoiler]Do you think theyre going after the girl (Whats her name?) that lives with Jin, then try to extort Jin to kill the sweeper for them? How many sweepers are there by the way, more then one?[/spoiler]

fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Loeviz wrote:Seems like Zetman is going to have to hand out some more ass kicking in the chapter to come :)

[spoiler]Do you think theyre going after the girl (Whats her name?) that lives with Jin, then try to extort Jin to kill the sweeper for them? How many sweepers are there by the way, more then one?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]i dont know but i hearrd from somehwere jin is known as the black sweeper so it's possible[/spoiler]