Zetman

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Blitzd
imanewbie

Re: Zetman

Post by Blitzd »

Green Menace wrote:Say, I have volume 8 of zetman here in case anyone needs/wants to see it.
http://rapidshare.com/files/69866368/__ ... __240.html
Sorry about the long link. The filename had kanji and it renamed it to that.
Cool thanks! I love this manga and hope scanlations continue. Meanwhile I got the raws to look at the pretty pictures.
supulma
imanewbie

Post by supulma »

Just read volume 7.
I was wondering if page 18 is missing in chapter 71?

I love this manga. Too bad it takes so much time for each volume to come out.
hai
imanewbie

Post by hai »

I like the mangaka, so i like this manga too.
The main story about Jin is good and logic as other mangas by Katsura, but i cant understand the side story about the rich kid from mid volume 3 to mid volume 6. It's stupid, too violent and sex, rape scenes with young girls, that's unforgivable. Can anyone explain to me?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Unforgivable? It's a seinen manga, that's typical content.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

hai wrote:I like the mangaka, so i like this manga too.
The main story about Jin is good and logic as other mangas by Katsura, but i cant understand the side story about the rich kid from mid volume 3 to mid volume 6. It's stupid, too violent and sex, rape scenes with young girls, that's unforgivable. Can anyone explain to me?
I guess you're not a Berserk fan....LOL.

The rich kid storyline is for the sake of character development, yet IMO find his character rather silly and uninteresting. I won't lie in that I found myself skimming over the dialogue filled chapters that featured his storyline. I have no problem with character development, I actually think it is imperative for a good story. And is what separates Manga's (good ones) from most other genres.

But there is nothing worse than wading through chapter after chapter of storyline dedicated to a character that you don't care about. I'm almost up to Volume 6 at this point, was wondering if someone can tell me if it gets any better?

I find the pacing to be extremely slow at this point in the story, I keep waiting for something to happen.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I just recently began reading this, one question was there a time skip at chapter 13?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I can't remember exactly what was happening in chapter 13, but yeah, probably. I remember a few time-skips.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

yeah i think i'm on the third where they capture jin and perform tests on him.
hai
imanewbie

Post by hai »

Hey, i love the artwork and i really want to see the new chapters in raw :D . I found this website (chinese) to see online: http://comic.sky-fire.com/HTML/ZETMAN/, but only up to chapter 100. I know chapter 112 is released. Anyone knows where to download chapters 101+?
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Just read the latest chapters, was such a long time ago I read the chapter before so took me three pages to remember what was going on.
The next coming chapter is going to be bloodfilled (Or so I hope, hehe)

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

I've been waiting forever if they've got the chinese raws why no new chapters?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

We just released two new chapters. More is on the way.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Starnum wrote:We just released two new chapters. More is on the way.
yes thanx i cant wait, also in a side note i really need to learn japanese kanji any website you know of that can teach it?
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Uh, not really, sorry.
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

fujinsan wrote:I've been waiting forever if they've got the chinese raws why no new chapters?
Those Chinese raws are from magazine scans. We wait for the volumes to be released in Japan then use those. That way it's easier for myg to edit and looks loads better for us all.
fujinsan wrote:yes thanx i cant wait, also in a side note i really need to learn japanese kanji any website you know of that can teach it?
Depends how you want to learn. This one's good for examples http://kanjisite.com/ and this one's good for practise http://lrnj.com/
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

Depends how you want to learn. This one's good for examples http://kanjisite.com/ and this one's good for practise http://lrnj.com/
hey thanx I'm trying to learn kanji so i can read the manga raws.
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

fujinsan wrote: hey thanx I'm trying to learn kanji so i can read the manga raws.
Ah, come on, we're not that slow at releasing chapters! :lol:
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

uncempt wrote:
fujinsan wrote: hey thanx I'm trying to learn kanji so i can read the manga raws.
Ah, come on, we're not that slow at releasing chapters! :lol:
lol i didn't say that it's just zetman is like crack you know like berserk and gantz. (I should've never gotten addicted :shakes:)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Zetman is cool, but personally I don't think it's in the same league as Gantz, and definitely not Berserk. *shrugs*
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

it's actually at number three for me i really like it, im not one for the kiddy mangas
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Kiddie mangas? You mean like pokemon? Naruto and the like are meant for teenagers, not children, but I guess it could be considered kiddie. I've seen stuff in lots of shonen manga that seems inappropriate for children, but that doesn't mean lots of children don't still get into those mangas. I just hate it when they edit the shit to make it for children. *shrugs*
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

idk it may be that im more into the mature mangas now.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Right on, as you can tell by my list most of my favorites are seinen too.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Hi guys i haven't read this manga for a long time and was thinking about reading it again. Mostly cause i thought the art was cool sometimes specially how Zetman and the other creatures looked.

I was wondering if Jin's story becomes real good ? I can stand the uninteresting rich kid if Jin's story is interesting enough.

I think its was digging yourself a grave by the author to show the future of the rich kid and Jin. I cant see the annoying little punk becoming some uber dangerous guy that takes down Zetman......
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
uncempt
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by uncempt »

OK, so I think Kouga's a little shit too, but he's kinda important. Wouldn't Zetman be a little plain without him? I mean we're pretty used to moody reluctant heroes clawing their way up from the gutters but I haven't seen that many characters like Kouga. He's mega-rich, girls throw themselves at him, etc. but he's competing with our anti-hero Jin. And it's the contrast between them that makes Jin so cool. :D