Claymore

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Claymore

Post by Brainpiercing »

Riful was great, I found the dumb guy not quite dumb enough.

And I'm having another realization: It seems I always prefer what I've seen first. Previously I always thought the anime added good things. Now I think what was added wasn't that good, although it was really only atmospheric titbits.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Isley is a tool. lol nah he's iight.

@Brainpiercing I agree I find myself bouncing between the anime and the manga. Since the anime is all we are going to have for the next couple of months I think the anime is better. lol
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I think they tried to make Isley a tool, but then he awoke and their plans fell apart. Now he seems to be trying to do his own thing, and that's what I like about him. I thought Regald The Lion King was awesome, even though he was only around for a short bit. You could tell he was the noble warrior type, like Isley. Yeah, so I'm sure we'll probably see The Silver King cut down at some point just the same.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]Regald was hardly developed. All we got was that he basically cared about the battle strategy, or at least about his fellow awakened beings, but he was supposed to go into battle rage and was a ruthless fighter.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

[spoiler]Exactly, that’s my point. Regald wasn’t a major character by any means, and we see very little of his personality. However, even in that short time, I was able to understand what kind of man he was, by his demeanor. He is indeed ruthless, but look at the nature of how he kills, he’s totally calm and composed. His was the loyal type of warrior, who was truly focused on his mission, and I commend him for that. IMO, he died an honorable warrior’s death, and thus will be remembered for it.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]Regald was a complete warrior, so much is true. He is a ruthless killer, but without cruelty. He killed as quickly and efficiently as possible, not leaving his victims a chance. He also wasn't afraid of death in the least, and it seems like he is showing admiration to Clare in his final moment.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Dwellers of the deep? Ok thats isn't exactly abysmal one.
"Context is for Kings"
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

As I've read it, it's Abyssal One. Not Abysmal One. So I suppose Dweller of the Deep could just be a different spin on the same general idea.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

It really all means the same thing anyway. My copy says Abysmal. *shrugs*
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Nice animation on Galatea's technique. And unfortunately they didn't show Jean, yet :(.

Duff this time was spot on.
Brainpiercing
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I cant wait to see Jean... This series is awesome and keeps on getting better, they better make a season two... or follow Ruki(SP? Kid that follows Clarie) journey that would be cool... and then a season two :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Ruki? are you serious? :shock:

Well I'm actually interested to see the anime get up to where the manga is right now. More Miria is always a good thing in my book. Get to see Riful in her awakened form in the next episode and get a tease of "the dark one" as well. lol
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, there is still more stuff out in manga than they could fit in one season. But I'm quite sure if this one goes well, they'll make another. I don't know about how shows go in Japan, of course, but I just can't imagine it doesn't run well in Japan.

However, with the speed of the mangaka, they might decide to wait with another season until they have enough source material. Or we would end up with a lot of filler, namely Raki's story or [spoiler]something from the seven years of lying low after the war in the north.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I forgot where they are going to stop but it is well before where the manga is now... but it is going to be a non stop thrill ride untill then so enjoy :twisted:
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

[spoiler]Well they basically have 10 episodes to cover the north invasion and skip ahead 7 years to be where the manga currently is.[/spoiler] Since the manga is changing publications there won't be any new storyline chapters until like November. I think the anime could very well catch up to the manga at this point.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

Aproximatly we have 2 episodes per manga volume. If the pace doesn't change we could even be further than volume 13 with the 26 episodes that have been announced. :D
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Since the manga is changing publications there won't be any new storyline chapters until like November.
Well, we´re getting a Theresa side story, it´s better than nothing.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I heard August but I guess you never know... but that is ok the anime will keep me busy :twisted:
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

OO man great episode this week.

[spoiler]Got to see Riful's awakened form (one my top three characters). I feel cheated not getting a teaser of Alicia like from the manga. Of course Galatea (another top three) is good. I liked the change of some of the effects or maybe connecting blows were always like that. I just noticed them I guess. Jean was done really well I thought. Next Episode war in the north and the crew is back together again. Miria!!![/spoiler]
"Context is for Kings"
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

[spoiler]Got to see Riful's awakened form (one my top three characters). I feel cheated not getting a teaser of Alicia like from the manga. Of course Galatea (another top three) is good. I liked the change of some of the effects or maybe connecting blows were always like that. I just noticed them I guess. Jean was done really well I thought. Next Episode war in the north and the crew is back together again. Miria!!![/spoiler]
[spoiler]I guess we are going to see that in the next one. If they had put that part in this episode they would have had to cut it in 2.

We won't see Galatea for a while now, she 's my favorite so far and her fate is quite uncertain in the manga :shock:
I look forward to see the fight with the lion king now :D[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]Galatea's fate just hasn't been touched upon. I'm guessing she won't be left hanging, and I also don't think she'll end up getting killed any time soon, even by the mother and freak-team.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

There is no chance in hell they will make it now (After seeing episode 21).
The only one that could save them is Guts, and hes not even in existing in this anime :lol:

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, well, we'll see. ;)
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

[spoiler]I didn't really much care for the last two episodes. Because these flashes to Raki is just getting on my nerves. Besides it never really happening is what actually happened. Please spare me.[/spoiler]
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]Same here. The Raki and Priscilla bit with her eating a human was just so lame.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing