Claymore

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Re: Claymore

Post by Sandman »

They totally fucked up the anime when [spoiler]clare killed the lion guy and clare didnt awaken all the way :evil:[/spoiler] if you have read the manga you know what I mean.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

[spoiler]What!? No sword arms and legs! That's fuckin lame...then again, so are freaking SWORD ARMS & LEGS! Heh, nah, I mean it's all good...but seriously, that sounds like something Fighter would come up with...:P[/spoiler]
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Starnum wrote:[spoiler]What!? No sword arms and legs! That's fuckin lame...then again, so are freaking SWORD ARMS & LEGS! Heh, nah, I mean it's all good...but seriously, that sounds like something Fighter would come up with...:P[/spoiler]

tell me about it :evil:
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]There are the sword arms..... They just saved them for the big bang at the end. I'm not finding this all so bad. I guess the manga will reach much greater heights of greatness, but I'm not entirely dissatisfied anymore. Now only Raki needs to die....[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

[spoiler]Well he could just become Priscilla's slave that would be better. Though I like how they spun the fact that Miria knew about Clare situation somewhat. As much of a teressa Fan boy that I am, I find it hard to believe that even she could beat Priscilla now. She didn't even fully awaken? Man thats nuts.[/spoiler]
"Context is for Kings"
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Post by Grandfather_of_Lies »

[spoiler]well it will end with a bang, so it is ok. The more people die the merier. That way they can redeem for the fuckup.[/spoiler]
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]I don't think a lot of people will die. Even Jean is still alive. Priscilla didn't manage to kill any of the other claymores - yet, I should say, but it looks like they will just run off now.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

To quote my boy after we went to the movies to see The Fog. "Wait....... Wait............ Was that bad? "
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]I'm going to have to say this: The fight was definitely awesome. The end with Jeane was not badly done. Everything else was so-so. Raki is still the same annoying drama queen.

Now the question is this: Will the anime writers make a second season on top of their messed plot? I can't imagine Claymore ran badly, and it would be one hell of a cow to milk. There is just the question of content.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

I really don't like thoses few last episodes. It fells as if the anime went from an awsome piece of art to the archetype of a totally retard shonen (like a lot of shonen actually). At least the contrast shows the awsome original author's skills. Now i really don't care about a second season. I can't wait for the next 10sigh release tho. :D
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I don't mind if they turned it into some shonen showdown, because it's a shonen manga. It's got all the characteristics of a shonen manga, there's the fights, the power-ups in regular succession, then more fights. It's just better than the usual shonen manga, and I can't wait for the next chapter.

Of course, post-7-year-gap-Clare beats [spoiler]that multi-armed puppy from the final ep any day.[/spoiler] In fact, she's so awesome I could spontaneously blow my load every time I read the last few chapters.
Brainpiercing
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Hmm, I didnt like the last episode. Why didnt Clare kill Priscilla, that would have been a fitting ending atleast :D
Anyone that has a site where you get nice scan-lations of the manga (in torrent form please)

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

That ending was horrible. Nothing was resolved, if they try to come out with a second season what would be the premise? She already had her show down to no real conclusion. Priscilla is still out of her fucking mind, Isley is still walking around, Lucellia is still in the south, Riful, Alicia?? etc.

This did turn into a,typical Shounen anime with a typical ending.

edit: what was with Raki's reasoning? IF you kill Priscilla you're no better than a Yoma? He should have gotten chopped.
"Context is for Kings"
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

Grahf wrote:what was with Raki's reasoning? IF you kill Priscilla you're no better than a Yoma? He should have gotten chopped.
I didn't get that either.. He fucking watched Priscilla eat guts and now he tells Clare that she's no better than a yoma if she kills...a yoma?!?!? They really REALLY should of just had Raki get slaughtered with his guts all over the place at the end. Would of made watching the whole series worth it.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well it's the basic question of whether you're allowed to kill off insane people who commit crimes. Is it the person commiting the crime or his insanity? Priscilla is definitely comepletely out of her mind. She was when she killed Teresa, and she still is.

So from a moral perspective it actually IS questionable to kill her. Of course, I hope it doesn't turn out like this in the manga.
Brainpiercing
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

really it can't turn out like that in the manga. The basic problem is that these awakened beings are a danger to humans and they will be eliminated at some point. Whether its Clare and company or Alicia.
"Context is for Kings"
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

Grahf wrote: what was with Raki's reasoning? IF you kill Priscilla you're no better than a Yoma? He should have gotten chopped.

Haha! Yes!!!
I broke out the champagne and marzipan to do this final episode up right. And it WAS awesome, right up until Raki. Dam... at least if Raki was a girl it would be a little better. He needs to start reading some Berserk or something.
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Post by Grandfather_of_Lies »

Brainpiercing wrote:Well it's the basic question of whether you're allowed to kill off insane people who commit crimes. Is it the person commiting the crime or his insanity? Priscilla is definitely comepletely out of her mind. She was when she killed Teresa, and she still is.

So from a moral perspective it actually IS questionable to kill her. Of course, I hope it doesn't turn out like this in the manga.

If it is the real world you could say that, but the last 20 episodes very colorfully presented what Claymores, and Clare by that matter, think about sane or insane Youma. They bloody chop them to bits. I didnt see Raki complaining about all the other Youm Clare has killed while they where together. Anyway, It was a shitty ending. Now i need a new chapter to see some good stuff. :twisted: (and by chance someone might die and make it even better)
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

Grandfather_of_Lies wrote:
If it is the real world you could say that, but the last 20 episodes very colorfully presented what Claymores, and Clare by that matter, think about sane or insane Youma. They bloody chop them to bits. I didnt see Raki complaining about all the other Youm Clare has killed while they where together. Anyway, It was a shitty ending. Now i need a new chapter to see some good stuff. :twisted: (and by chance someone might die and make it even better)
That's a good observation. Raki only protected Priscilla because she was a cute girl when he met her, and turned back into a cute girl... a cute *nekid* girl before Clare was about to deliver the deathblow. I don't think Raki would care if she looked like a monster, but cute girls can get away with anything... even eating baby guts... if they give a sap like Raki a little attention.

It's kinda reminds me of black cat... they go out of their way to spare a deadly bioweapon just because it's in the shape of a cute girl? WTF? Someone's thinking with their little head. I never did finish that series.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Lets face it, Raki wants a threesome with Priscilla and Clare. Thats all there is to it

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

Loeviz wrote:Lets face it, Raki wants a threesome with Priscilla and Clare. Thats all there is to it
Indeed! Now that's a motivation I can get behind. The ending is looking a whole lot better to me now, and the future has promise.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Tonbo wrote:
Loeviz wrote:Lets face it, Raki wants a threesome with Priscilla and Clare. Thats all there is to it
Indeed! Now that's a motivation I can get behind. The ending is looking a whole lot better to me now, and the future has promise.
Doujinshi time.....

Someone has to do one.
Brainpiercing
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I guess Rigardo wasnt a big enough boss for the end of the anime, so there are only 5 that survived and 7 in the manga :( and Riki and Clare found each other that is fucked up I hate most of the end of the season but I guess we can only wait and see if they can turn it around.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Er... In the anime all the claymores survived, didn't they?
Brainpiercing
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

[spoiler]No. In the anime basically everyone you see at the end survived. The rest of the assembled Claymores all died. It followed the manga pretty closely in this regard, except that in the end there were only 4 Claymores who managed to survive (the original 4 that were part of the little pact). In the manga 7 survive due to Miria's feint of using the Yoki supressants.[/spoiler]
Last edited by newbified on Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.