Claymore

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Re: Claymore

Post by Loeviz »

[spoiler]Why didnt Raki just make a run for it as soon as he understood Priscilla was a demon. Shes just going to eat him sooner or later anyway[/spoiler]

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

[spoiler]I wouldn't be surprised if they turn Raki into a claymore during the 7 years void! As he is right now he is useless.
I also wonder if Clare and Priscilla are not relatives. Sisters maybe[/spoiler]
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

realtives? where did that theory come from?
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, the last two eps have genuinely disappointed me. In 22 the switching between Raki and the battle was even more annoying. With the way they are going now there could even be filler before the season ends.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

[spoiler]Hopefully Raki will get himself killed in the next episode[/spoiler]

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]I didn't mind the Clare/Raki story up to now, and I certainly didn't mind it in the manga. But it's getting ridiculous, and it's deviating pretty far from the manga.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

[spoiler]Well they can't follow the manga to the T, otherwise it would either be extended to another season (which they may not want) or it would end on a cliffhanger. By the time the season ended they would maybe be up to the point where they've explained how 7 of them survived and the fight scene with Riful, but that's only if they get through the storyline section with Easley defeating the Abyssal One of the south and Riful's backstory, as well as the introduction of Beth and Alice.

The only way for them to wrap up the season in the next 4 episodes at this point, is to deviate from the original plot. Not something that I overly mind that much, as if I hadn't read the manga I wouldn't even know, and if you watch the anime as a seperate story without comparing it to the manga, I think it's doing a fine job of telling a tale.[/spoiler]
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

[spoiler]We don't know yet if the anime deviated from the manga. They just put events where there was nothing. The only thing that really changed is the place where discusion/training between raki and the 2 others took place. Nothing more. The added things could create incoherences in the future tho. Hopefully they did it using the author's advices[/spoiler]
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Gzhindra wrote:[spoiler]We don't know yet if the anime deviated from the manga. They just put events where there was nothing. The only thing that really changed is the place where discusion/training between raki and the 2 others took place. Nothing more. The added things could create incoherences in the future tho. Hopefully they did it using the author's advices[/spoiler]
How do we not know yet? it has already. Clare already revealed to someone other than that former 2 her purpose of being a claymore. that only was a major move that the anime makers took. Though the 2 she told end up dying anyway.

[spoiler]These last 2 episodes were "filled" just to make sure the first season ends with possibly the fight between Luci and Isley.[/spoiler]
"Context is for Kings"
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

Grahf wrote:
Gzhindra wrote:[spoiler]We don't know yet if the anime deviated from the manga. They just put events where there was nothing. The only thing that really changed is the place where discusion/training between raki and the 2 others took place. Nothing more. The added things could create incoherences in the future tho. Hopefully they did it using the author's advices[/spoiler]
How do we not know yet? it has already. Clare already revealed to someone other than that former 2 her purpose of being a claymore. that only was a major move that the anime makers took. Though the 2 she told end up dying anyway.

[spoiler]These last 2 episodes were "filled" just to make sure the first season ends with possibly the fight between Luci and Isley.[/spoiler]
You're right, I forget this one and if we look carefully we might find other little variations.
It doesn't really affect the plot tho. You mention the fact that they just die afterward, thus there's no real deviation. Those are just details :)
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Its all in the detail my friend. It starts like that then other "liberties" are taken usually.

edit: now they've gone and done it. "little" alterations is always how it starts.
"Context is for Kings"
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

Grahf wrote:Its all in the detail my friend. It starts like that then other "liberties" are taken usually.

edit: now they've gone and done it. "little" alterations is always how it starts.
Well I guess you couldn't be more right about it. They did it!
Now there's no turning back. And the small trailer at the end is showing totally new stuffs with galatea :shock:
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

[spoiler]not just Galatea. Priscilla obviously picked up on "Terresa's energy". It looked like she rode up to the battle in the preview.[/spoiler]
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, at least 23 wasn't boring, even though I'm sceptical this will all work out. [spoiler]Clare hasn't yet awakened her arms. But that means she will probably fight another big guy pretty soon now, so they can throw in the arms in that fight. And I guess Raki will save her in the end and not Jean.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The spoiler marks is it talk about the manga? Which im gonna start as soon as this season ends.

I also thought the switching beteween Raki and Clare and the other claymores was very very annoying. Raki isnt as annoying on his own but it was waste of time to show Raki crying over a a fricking awakened being eating a guy before him. The only decent thing outside Preita is seeing Easley.

I recently watched ep 14-22 and 23 just now so it feels good to catch up. The Peita arc was great, seeing all the claymores with interesting ones like Jeane,Unide(sp?) and the old Meria crew.

23 was decent only negative being Raki getting so much airtime.

Very good to know that the anime has overplayed his part should mean he takes less space from the interesting stuff that happens.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

[spoiler]Now they are telling a totaly different story! It's cool tho we get 2 claymores story instead of one and for those who have read the manga we just got extra suspense.
The 24 was pretty good too.[/spoiler]
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Post by Grandfather_of_Lies »

Brainpiercing wrote:Well, at least 23 wasn't boring, even though I'm sceptical this will all work out. [spoiler]Clare hasn't yet awakened her arms. But that means she will probably fight another big guy pretty soon now, so they can throw in the arms in that fight. And I guess Raki will save her in the end and not Jean.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]That just prooves it, had she awakened her arms and finished the Lion we would get season 2. And if u are right i hope that Raki saves Clare the same way Jean did (he really pisses me off).[/spoiler]
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

[spoiler]They really made Raki an annoying dork. And yes, I guess season 2 is definitely out of the question, now. I just hope they get a good final battle going. Although how Clare is supposed to get THAT good so quickly I don't know. I mean, Priscilla is made out as the most powerful awakened being alive. Have you guys read the new ES? lsley is about as strong as the other abyssals, and he gets destroyed without her ever getting serious.

Overall I think the anime can just about save itself with a good final battle, but it'll take the true author to bring the story to a satisfying ending. Hell, even the bit of story that takes place after seven years is so awesome I could cum all over my monitor every time I read it.....

Er.... :wtf:[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

[spoiler]actually I kind of figured this is how the last battle in the manga would go. Not the exact location but the fact that Priscilla would remember Teressa's yoma. Now I have to agree with Brainpiercing there is no way that they could really sell this. Teressa could have been the strongest #1 ever but she only has but a piece of Teressa's power. But this is going to end up like the Berserk anime IMO.[/spoiler]
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Grahf wrote:[spoiler]actually I kind of figured this is how the last battle in the manga would go. Not the exact location but the fact that Priscilla would remember Teressa's yoma. Now I have to agree with Brainpiercing there is no way that they could really sell this. Teressa could have been the strongest #1 ever but she only has but a piece of Teressa's power. But this is going to end up like the Berserk anime IMO.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Ah, but the Berserk anime only deviated from the story a bit. This is completely changing everything. I see a happy end and a victory for Clare looming in the future, which just won't be plausible. But hey, maybe the episode writers are not as stupid as we think they are right now.[/spoiler]
Brainpiercing
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

So Claymore is going for a totally different direction from the manga? I´m not up to date with the anime.

That sucks, i was hoping that it would get the Black Lagoon treatment but not every series is that lucky apparently.
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Brainpiercing wrote: [spoiler]Ah, but the Berserk anime only deviated from the story a bit. This is completely changing everything. I see a happy end and a victory for Clare looming in the future, which just won't be plausible. But hey, maybe the episode writers are not as stupid as we think they are right now.[/spoiler]
It is more likely that they think we are stupid, not the other way around. Too bad about that, but what can you do about it?
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Gzhindra
imanewbie

Post by Gzhindra »

I guess they didn't have any choice. It tooks 6 years for the manga to get where it is right now. They couldn't put the anime on hold for so long to make a new season and the berserk exemple is too much frustrating.
It's probably the fate that awaits slow pace un-finished manga when they get animated :?
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

All the more reason not to start making anime while the manga is still being drawn. And don't tell me that they won't get the audience, because that is so not true. More people watch anime after they read manga, and a very small amount do it at the same time.
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Gzhindra wrote: It's probably the fate that awaits slow pace un-finished manga when they get animated :?
Well, it's quite simple, quality takes time. Sure you can churn out a chapter a week of a hastily drawn manga like Bleach and the like, but if you want detailed drawings, and done by hand, too, it'll just take that much longer.

Maybe mangaka should start sellingt heir works as novels before they actually draw the manga, or at least, after a while of drawing, so that you can at least know how the story will end, before the mangaka dies.
Brainpiercing