Berserk Chapter: 283

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Istvan wrote: Too much would, I think, destroy the story since you have a point about the theme of humans confronting monsters,.

Thats the only thing i am afraid off.

I trust Miura but i am afraid of seeing magic more than limited as it is now.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Well, since Guts has to remain the coolest member of the party, and since I can't see him ever doing things like tossing blasts of magic around (about the closest would be something like what he and Schierke did to defeat that water creature of the Kushan mage), it probably won't get too much more magic dominated then it is right now.
travla
imanewbie

Post by travla »

guts is about 25 years old wich is still pretty young.i wonder if were gonna see him older.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Istvan wrote:Well, since Guts has to remain the coolest member of the party, and since I can't see him ever doing things like tossing blasts of magic around (about the closest would be something like what he and Schierke did to defeat that water creature of the Kushan mage), it probably won't get too much more magic dominated then it is right now.

I am not worried about Guts becoming more magic oriented and i actually like schierke helping by adding to his attack.

For some reason i worry about seeing others that are like Serpico who even though i like him and he helps Guts but wouldn't wanna see more people jumping around with magic elements and attacking like he does.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Even if any others join, I doubt any of them will have a combat style (or magical tools) similiar to Serpico's. I'm betting that each character will be fairly individualistic. So no other characters "jumping around".
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

I think its almost safe to say that the Iron Staff Demon Azan will join the group, but i don't know what they can offer him to be a better help.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

they have no earth based elements... A wooden staff thats magic in nature?

Oh god I hope not.
Jon Maitreya
notanewb

Post by Jon Maitreya »

I tihnk it's safe to say that the axe was earth based, but Guts left it behind and we can assume it burned in the Spirit Tree... or is at least lying in the ashes.
|||||||
Mastered PM

Post by ||||||| »

About the Behelit thing: isn't it a bit strange to become an apostle to fight the Griffith/Femto? I mean they gave you the power. They are sure to have ways to take them away. Besides it's not a real victory im you are on the wrong side. In fact you just simply take their place....

Guts is a Warrior. No five minute taking his sweet time to summon something magician. He also doesn't really care about astral planes or whatever, so I am quite positive that guts won't change too much. His attitude is the only thing that didn't change so far.

Can't wait for the next chapter. :lol:
Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I tihnk it's safe to say that the axe was earth based, but Guts left it behind and we can assume it burned in the Spirit Tree... or is at least lying in the ashes.
It doesn't really matter much, since it'll probably never be seen again, but by looking at it, it might have been Darkness based, instead.
coungpow
imanewbie

Post by coungpow »

I could see Azan getting a water element weapon. But w/ Miura's marvelous imagination i wouldn't be surprised if he got something completely outta left filed. Thanks for another great and quick trans and scan guys.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I would like to see the magical weapon arsonal that the elves have... wait there 3 inches tall what good are there weapons going to be :(
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Don't forget, the elves aren't the only ones who live on the Island. There are also a number of witches, and maybe other species besides.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thats quit the speculation or have you read that?
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Libaax wrote:Thats quit the speculation or have you read that?
Yeah, that´s said in the manga.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

In the latest chapter? Cause for some reason i havent read that yet.

Or was it an old chapter that i have forgotten?
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Second choice, i think that it was discussed in the chapter where they decided to go to Elfheim, someone said that there were also spell users in the place besides the elfs, i think there´s a pannel showing some guys with pointy hats walking beside elfs.
travla
imanewbie

Post by travla »

actually puck said it at flora's place when they meet silke in her treehouse and wizards are the people said to be living on elfheim with the elves
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

But he really didn't have a clue about the island or what the inhabitants were capable of. Schierke is the one who mentioned a great wizard on the island. But Guts is quite drained after this battle, and even before he put his armor back on he was bed ridden. We've been watching his condition deteriorate ever since his encounter with Slan. If there are as many elves on the island, Guts had better be bathing in the elf dust.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I wonder how bathing in a tub of elf dust would be like.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Is it even possible to go "bathing" in dust? To me the word bathing seems to imply the presence of water, but maybe that's just me.

On the other hand, we know that the King of the Elves is supposed to be amazingly powerful. Would that also carry over to his dust? If so, maybe he could heal all of Guts accumulated wounds himself. All this assuming, of course, that his wounds haven't healed by the time they get there (we don't know how long the journey is, after all).
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Istvan wrote: On the other hand, we know that the King of the Elves is supposed to be amazingly powerful. Would that also carry over to his dust? If so, maybe he could heal all of Guts accumulated wounds himself. All this assuming, of course, that his wounds haven't healed by the time they get there (we don't know how long the journey is, after all).
Who knows, maybe the king will even be able to stop the "human degeneration" process that Guts is experiencing from using the Berserker armor.
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

The regular elves will be able to take care of the wounds to his flesh, but who knows if the wounds to his Ethereal body are all healed up. he'll need help with that.
travla
imanewbie

Post by travla »

Chaos_Wanderer wrote:The regular elves will be able to take care of the wounds to his flesh, but who knows if the wounds to his Ethereal body are all healed up. he'll need help with that.
maybe the king of the elves can do something about that.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

The regular elves will be able to take care of the wounds to his flesh, but who knows if the wounds to his Ethereal body are all healed up. he'll need help with that.
I'm pretty sure that Schierke took care of healing those already. Given how much they were affecting him before, I find it hard to imagine that he could have been functioning all of this time (during the times he wasn't using the armor) if those wounds hadn't already healed.