Berserk Chapter: 283

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Just drawing some parallels between Guts and Zodd, there are some similarities. And I get the feeling that Zodd is somewhat different than normal apostles (Guts was different too, in that he was not part of the so called "bonfire of dreams"). But of course the similarities only run so far; Zodd certainly doesn't have the same emotional value to Griffith as Guts had.
While Guts was somewhat seperate from the "bonfire of dreams", you couldn't really show that Zodd is seperate from the draw of Griffith. Indeed, as we understand it, it's impossible for any Apostle not to be affected by his draw.
Dominion
This is my new home

Post by Dominion »

it is in my belief that Zodd and Gatts are not that much different... their destinies seem to be quite similar as Zodd seems to hail from a history of fighting and war, much like Gatts during his mercenary days...
i speculate that where the two destinies diverge is that at one point, Zodd was offered the Behelit and he accepted it, allowing him to live a life of eternal war, which seemed to have been the same place Gatts might have ended up had he not met up with the Band of the Hawk

i feel that soon Gatts will have to choose whether or not he will use the Behelit for reasons similar to that of Zodd's or if he will continue on his own path, living outside the realm of fate

... but then you guys prolly already saw that coming :/
"Happiness is an inside job"
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

please no more mentions of gutts using the behelit...for all intents and purposes it's nota possibility, unless muira introduces some sort of dues ex machina to explain why a sacrifice can use a behelit... but until then... no talk of guts using a behelit... end of story
Bow to Golbez
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Also, Slann already offered that option, and he turned her down flat, just as later he refused to ally with the Emperor. Guts using the Behelit, even if he could, just isn't a realistic possibility.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

Not to mention his wild dog side offered the chance as well by the campfire with Caska remember? I think it was the first time we saw it.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I just re-read that part and there might be some truth to what you say, he told Guts to part with every thing and that she might be used for something of more importance. He said nothing of the beheilt but he did say it would make him closer to Griffith. :?
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

And Slann explicitly mentioned the behelit, so Guts reaction to that offer makes his position pretty clear.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

thought this was a good AMV. the lyrics fit the niche of guts and the entire plot perfectly.
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

Dude! we have a thread for AMV's!!! post there!!! :stupid:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I'll admit that was pretty good, but like Chaos Wanderer said, put it in the thread devoted to that stuff, not here.
Shadowschild
imanewbie

Post by Shadowschild »

Sortep wrote:please no more mentions of gutts using the behelit...for all intents and purposes it's nota possibility, unless muira introduces some sort of dues ex machina to explain why a sacrifice can use a behelit... but until then... no talk of guts using a behelit... end of story

I wasn't sure how to first approach this short post, but I definitely want to give my opinion on this.

The first thing that hit me, was skull knight offering a means in which guts can use a behelit without the con's he despises so much. Although I agree that Guts would never personally accept such a means to an end... it's still a possibility. After all, skull knight has some crazy uses for those behelits.

I think Mira intended on using the berserker armor as a means in which Guts can fight evenly against the apostles. It suits him well, better to bleed and break bone then to ever turn into on of them, right?

If anything im sure he will figure out some way to use the behelit against them, similar if not something around the lines with skull knight. How much skull knight will involve himself with training Guts is beyond me.

I guess you can compare it to bleach, where ichigo has an inner hollow (apostle?) and learns to control it. Image the combo apostle + berserk armor that would be insane ^_^
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

ok... 1st off... the whole point of muira setting up the impossibilities of guts using a behelit is more cement to the character development we've seen thus far whereas guts believes in the strength of a human against monsters... he will not use the behelit, no way, no how.. period end of story amen, however m'asalam alekum.. done... berserk isn't... i repeat isn't a shonen manga where you have some little bullshit training time to power up the main characters... if you notice guts has never had anything of the such... it's doesn't fit within the mechanics of the berserk world... skullknight has never trained guts... he's explained things but otherwise guts has been left to his own devices... the fact that you would compare the situation with guts in berserk to that of ichigo in bleach (a mediocre shonen manga barely any better than naruto) is maddening... read from volume 1 till now and rethink your posts judging on what muira has given us.. leave all the fairy fan fictionesque bullshit out of it... i hate this thread now
Bow to Golbez
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Oh lord comparing bleach to Berserk......

Even if Guts could use behelit its clear he wouldnt not only is he against anything from God Hand to Apostles. There is the thing about sacrificing your close ones and that Guts wouldnt do even it meant finishing of Griffith and his kind.

If you think Guts will use that thing one day then you havent been reading Berserk and specially you dont know who Guts is.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I know Guts will not use the Beheilt and will not sacrifice Caska but I wonder what effect Caska dieing in battle would that do to him?? Permanent Berserker Mode :twisted: Until he becomes the next SK :D I doubt Schierike would be able to pull him out with out the thoughts of Caska... but you never know that might be where the mystery kid comes in.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Shadowschild
imanewbie

Post by Shadowschild »

I think my biggest mistake was trying to give my opinion on these forums. There are people that take it so seriously, you know. Post an interesting opinion & fucked up people will try to flame you without really giving anything worth reading in their argument. After the first 2 or 3 lines of "blah blah blah end of story" I go onto the next thread looking for someone with an open mind. W/e .. I wouldn't want to keep reading this post anyways its pretty sad...
Shadowschild
imanewbie

Post by Shadowschild »

Sandman wrote:I know Guts will not use the Beheilt and will not sacrifice Caska but I wonder what effect Caska dieing in battle would that do to him?? Permanent Berserker Mode :twisted: Until he becomes the next SK :D I doubt Schierike would be able to pull him out with out the thoughts of Caska... but you never know that might be where the mystery kid comes in.

I think like that too, when waiting for new chapters to be released. Anything can happen & it's fun to envision different scenarios for which the plot can twist. It's a dark genre & sadness / hatred has always surrounded it's bitter core.
Shadowschild
imanewbie

Post by Shadowschild »

Libaax wrote:Oh lord comparing bleach to Berserk......

Even if Guts could use behelit its clear he wouldnt not only is he against anything from God Hand to Apostles. There is the thing about sacrificing your close ones and that Guts wouldnt do even it meant finishing of Griffith and his kind.

If you think Guts will use that thing one day then you havent been reading Berserk and specially you dont know who Guts is.
Nice post count btw, makes me real jealous & stuff .... :roll:
I'm guessing the rest of your posts are as well thought out?
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Mind not double or triple posting? If no one has responded to you, it is typically better to edit your last post in the thread and add to it.

The ToS you agreed to in registering here:
Terms of Service wrote: g) Double Posting: These are mistakes, typically it is the same or similar post by you twice (or more) in a row. In most of the forum you have the ability to delete your post(s), please do so when you have double posted. It is also generally good manners to edit your last post (if you where the last to add to the thread) with any additional information rather than making another post.
I understand you are new here, that is cool. Just be aware that your topic has been discussed before at length long before you arrived and you can probably find it in the waste-land that is a few pages back in the forum. It has also been discussed in the hawks forum and sk.net forum. The summation of which is what you witnessed here directed at you.

If you cannot not handle the environment, then you don't have to stay. It is a privilege to read and post here so it would behoove you take what they have to say about the subject at face value. They know nothing of you personally, thus you can't possibly take it personal, it is only about your topic of choice.

As for the bleach comparison, the two are not even in the same genre let. Considering you using the comparison to reach a conclusion that Guts could become an apostle (or even just part apostle) show a gross miss-representation of Berserk as a series. Hence it is highly unlikely to happen considering the past history of the series, and more importantly that Berserk contradicts some if not all of what makes a shonen a shonen manga.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

triple post? oh my... let us pray :stupid:
Bow to Golbez
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Shadowschild wrote:
Libaax wrote:Oh lord comparing bleach to Berserk......

Nice post count btw, makes me real jealous & stuff .... :roll:
I'm guessing the rest of your posts are as well thought out?

So i cant post a post that you dont like what it says cause its against "what you believe will happen" ?

Heh another noob thinking he knows best.....
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I was about to go all geeky about D&D with Guts being an Orc Berserker, getting bonuses to his Strength while suffering penalties to his wisdom. But then I remembered, 'wait a minute, I don't know jack shit about D&D'. And so yeah, the joke was killed due to insufficient geek knowledge.

It's implied that Guts can't use the behelit, as explained from the FAQ. Does anyone read the FAQ and the Terms of Service anymore?

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Gemino
imanewbie

Post by Gemino »

Libaax wrote:
Shadowschild wrote:
Libaax wrote: So i cant post a post that you dont like what it says cause its against "what you believe will happen" ?
Heh another noob thinking he knows best.....
Don't sweat it homie.. We are mere apostles and these guys are God Hand's I just had the lock down put on my post but I'm not hating...This site is still the best place to go for Berserk Scanlations and Discussions hands down and I put i'll put money on that
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Eldo wrote:I was about to go all geeky about D&D with Guts being an Orc Berserker, getting bonuses to his Strength while suffering penalties to his wisdom. But then I remembered, 'wait a minute, I don't know jack shit about D&D'. And so yeah, the joke was killed due to insufficient geek knowledge.

It's implied that Guts can't use the behelit, as explained from the FAQ. Does anyone read the FAQ and the Terms of Service anymore?
Apparently the newbies dont care for the Faq anymore.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

what.. the... fuck...
Bow to Golbez
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I was about to go all geeky about D&D with Guts being an Orc Berserker, getting bonuses to his Strength while suffering penalties to his wisdom. But then I remembered, 'wait a minute, I don't know jack shit about D&D'. And so yeah, the joke was killed due to insufficient geek knowledge.
Even leaving aside the lack of geek knowledge, I don't know that I'd agree with the point itself. Gut's seems (with Schierk's help) to be getting a better handle on the Berserk Armor, and especially in the last fight against the Kushan mage, then emperor, he was able to combine power and intelligence. If I had to guess, it seems likely that the trend will continue in that direction, with Guts gaining more control over the armor.