Berserk Chapter: 283

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

BaNaN
imanewbie

Post by BaNaN »

He has bigger lips then crappy old milf wannabies.. Griffith looks shemalish.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Right on a preview... oh wait its Griffith boooooo, the only thing that would be exciting is if Griffith showed some sort of exprestion... or maybe its time to be made the next pope or the king of all kings or something sad like that... I hope to see Guts soon atleast we can get some humor out of that group :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

When will Femto make a return?
As soon as he gets in a fight that's hard enough to force him to transform (a.k.a. not anytime soon, since he's trying to avoid that for good P.R.).
or maybe its time to be made the next pope or the king of all kings or something sad like that...
I doubt either, although I do expect him to be made supreme commander of the armies of the Vatican, or something along those lines. Maybe eventually he'll be able to finangle that into "king of kings" (or at least King of the Midlands, although that may actually happen fairly soon, we'll see) but not yet.
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

Istvan wrote:
When will Femto make a return?
As soon as he gets in a fight that's hard enough to force him to transform (a.k.a. not anytime soon, since he's trying to avoid that for good P.R.).

And that is why I am an all out anti-PR movement.
It takes the spirit of being away from being.
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

Istvan wrote:As soon as he gets in a fight that's hard enough to force him to transform (a.k.a. not anytime soon, since he's trying to avoid that for good P.R.).
You think he still can transform into that Femto form? For some reason I don't think he can anymore... or maybe that's his 'apostle' form. Hmmm... I haven't thought about it in a long time.

Anyone else thought he wouldn't transform into Femto?
agentitai
imanewbie

Post by agentitai »

i know its in a delay, but still...
did guts killed that chick from "gods hand" in the troll cave?
its the only thing that i didn't get...
fix your sig, its to big, 160px height. read the guidelines http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9708 ... opy2wp.gif
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

agentitai wrote:i know its in a delay, but still... did guts killed that chick from "gods hand" in the troll cave? its the only thing that i didn't get...
Nope, she lives. In Qliphoth, Slan existed in spirit form only, but she used her power to possess a pile of troll intestines. Besides, she speaks to Guts after her "death", something about them meeting again, so that kinda puts it beyond any doubt.
Khelegond wrote:Anyone else thought he wouldn't transform into Femto?
Right now, I don't think he can. Griffith's body, or rather Guts and Caska's child, is just a shell for Femto's essense; Femto himself cannot physically manifest in the mortal world. Though with the advent of the re-incarnation ceremony Skull Knight says that those world/planes have begun to merge, so it could become possible at some point.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Khelegond wrote:
Anyone else thought he wouldn't transform into Femto?

Right now, I don't think he can. Griffith's body, or rather Guts and Caska's child, is just a shell for Femto's essense; Femto himself cannot physically manifest in the mortal world. Though with the advent of the re-incarnation ceremony Skull Knight says that those world/planes have begun to merge, so it could become possible at some point.
I disagree, I see him using that body as a way of allowing himself to fully manifest on this plain, and it is the fact that such a high astral being as himself is on the matieral plane that is causing the plains to begin to emerge. If we compare him to an Apostle, then my take would be that the infant is the "true" body, that he'll revert to when he dies, the Griffith apearence he generally walks around with is his "normal" form, just like the Apostles have a human apearence they generally assume, and the Femto look would be his monster form, that he'd only assume if he needed to use his full power. I could be wrong, but that's my take on it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I'm along the same line of thinking as Istvan. At this point, that's pretty much the real Griffith, in a physical body, that's pretty much his. Whether or not we see him turn into Femto again, is still a guess. He may not even need to. Perhaps his current form is an evolution beyond that of his Femto form. Hm, we shall see.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Istvan wrote:I disagree, I see him using that body as a way of allowing himself to fully manifest on this plain, and it is the fact that such a high astral being as himself is on the matieral plane that is causing the plains to begin to emerge.
I agree. I just think that, at this moment, it's not possible for him to transform into Femto. The worlds are merging, but it seems the process is gradual, and it would be logical to assume that the major laws of the world would remain intact (such as the God Hand being blocked from the mortal plane) until it's complete. With that in mind, I would say he's bound to his current form. I could be wrong, but that's just how I've always seen it. Indeed, becoming Femto now would do more to harm his situation, so he'd only go so far if forced (to in a showdown with Guts).
Starnum wrote:Perhaps his current form is an evolution beyond that of his Femto form. Hm, we shall see.
I have to admit, I've never really thought about that. I was under the impression that Femto's host would somehow limit his abilities, but we just don't know what he's capable of right now, so it's hard to say.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

EnglishJim wrote: so he'd only go so far if forced (to in a showdown with Guts).
You know, that's a good point. I was thinking about that when I wrote my last post in this thread. I could totally see the last battle between Gatts and Griffith taking place within an eclipse like demensional space of some sort, wherein Griffith might go Femto at some point. Heh, but I guess that would be a more tradional way of doing things, and who knows if Miura will go that route.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Wow, the 284 raw is available on Ritual Scan Forge, i think that´s the first time i´ve seen a Berserk raw on the net.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

Mangahelpers always posts them up...

and they usually have good reminders for when the new EG scan is available... that is when I rarely forget to check here first. ;p
hardboot
imanewbie

Post by hardboot »

I could totally see the last battle between Gatts and Griffith taking place within an eclipse like demensional space of some sort, wherein Griffith might go Femto at some point. - Starnum

I think there would be more of a meaning if Gatts fought Griffith in his current (human) form. Since Gatts set out on his vendetta because of Griffith's betrayal to Gatts and the Hawks. Since Femto has taken the scene, he has not done anything major to provoke Gatts (except of raping Caska which IMO was to accentuate the initial betrayal). Therefore, I don't think Gatts has hate towards Femto per say but towards Griffith prior to become Femto.

Hence why I think we'll see Gatts and Griffith (human form) in the Final battle.
ewertonromulo
imanewbie

Re:

Post by ewertonromulo »

psi29a wrote:
Brainpiercing wrote:
Istvan wrote: edit: Don't quote the DL link please. :P -- psi29a
Hard job you have there, mate :).
Some people have the best intentions and that is ok. We do things differently here, not to make life harder for everyone but to keep this place from being a big target.

Links to torrents are cool, because they in of themselves are not-copyrighted. Nothing in the torrent is copyrighted. However, the DL to a copyrighted work that has been rared/zipped/what-have-you is still illegal.

Requiring a login/password to get to the DLs means they have to abide by my terms of service. Most companies and copyright holders are lazy and don't care to get an account. They will go after the people who choose the path of least resistance.

I'm just trying to cover our bases here, for what it is worth.
OK. How I can get one login and password?
somefatman
notanewb

Re: Berserk Chapter: 283

Post by somefatman »

Ummm.... you already have one? You have to make an account for the EG forums to access the interstice. Go dig through the interstice, but no guarantee the link will still be valid after seven years.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Re:

Post by The Prince »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, I'm along the same line of thinking as Istvan. At this point, that's pretty much the real Griffith, in a physical body, that's pretty much his. Whether or not we see him turn into Femto again, is still a guess. He may not even need to. Perhaps his current form is an evolution beyond that of his Femto form. Hm, we shall see.
I'm sorry maybe I've missed something. Haven't we seen Griffith as Femto in his last run in with the SK in the battle with the Emperor....
Let's put a smile on that face...............
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

That's a post from 2007. The battle with tree-Ganishka didn't happen until 2008.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

LordMune wrote:That's a post from 2007. The battle with tree-Ganishka didn't happen until 2008.
Lol....oops. I had assumed I was posting on the recent release thread. First post in years and f##ked it up.

:nosebleed:
Let's put a smile on that face...............
luciferian
Mastered PM

Post by luciferian »

holy necro batman!

>.> though I did like seeing the first page. Ahhh miss seeing Psi around and his used to posting the chapters (no offence Drpepper)
Now are the days of old. damn I feel old =\
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

7 year necro, that's a record. :lol:
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
ximbary
notanewb

Post by ximbary »

BTW... Pretty impressive that you are here to bring berserk to us since almost an entire decade. :shock:

10 years ago I couldn't even speak english lol
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Has it been that long....

I feel old.