Berserk Chapter: 283

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

He didn't really seem to be healed. The last time we saw him without his pain numbing armor on he was in bed, and from the looks of things, in quite serious pain, and that wound did seem to reopen on its own.
Lord Rae
Mastered PM

Post by Lord Rae »

not to mention he's now been hit by lightning, chomped on by a whalephant and who knows what other injuries...
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

You're missing my point. Yes, obviously he is still covered in wounds. My point was that the wounds to his astral being must have already been healed, not that all of the other ones had.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

actually shierke said specifically that the astral wounds will be the most difficult to heal.. we've realy been given no indication whether or not those are healed
Bow to Golbez
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

She said that they'd be difficult to heal, granted. I just believe that they are healed, because unlike his regular wounds, he hasn't been exhibiting any of the effects of them. And of course, Schierke made that comment about them being the most difficult to heal before Guts got all those new wounds from using the Berserk armor.
guywildman
imanewbie

Post by guywildman »

I think this spiritual wound is a very big deal and if you noticed he has a corresponding wound on his real body it's logical to think that the spiritual wound will be gone when the corresponding physical wound cures and last time we checked it was still there.
I think that in the entire manga this is the longest time guts remained injured and only the second time the injuries were severe enough to impede his fighting (the first was the time he fought the knights of the holy iron chain) and I'm not really sure it's because of he's physical wounds. lets look at two other times guts was injured enough for it to affect his fighting, the first would be the 100 man battle, he was injured to an extant that the doctor said he will not make it in battle, a pinch of elf dust cured him nearly instantly.
The second time would have to be the fight against bug girl (that I absolutely loved) he got burned, the fingers in his hand broken, his ribs broken. Impaled throw the chicks, fell from an amazing height, got burned and hit and stabbed multiple times. Bed rest and elf dust from one elf hilled him after several days.
Guts has always rebounded quickly from every single bodily injury he ever had until the silat battle. I'm pretty sure that when he fought grunbeld he was not 100% and the more the manga kept going after that point the more he got injured, I don't think this is the work of the berserker armor. as horrid as it is it's not worse then most injuries guts has sustained over the years, there has to be a connection to this spiritual wound, I don't know maybe it makes healing harder or something, I don't think it's healed I think it's still there, I cant see any other reason why gutts's performance has been impaired so much lately, I mean usually he could take this things by himself and he uses the armor like a pain killer more the anything.
Khelegond
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Khelegond »

it's logical to think that the spiritual wound will be gone when the corresponding physical wound cures and last time we checked it was still there.
Nopz. He had his wounds healed, but they opened again later - I don't remember where exactly - and that was when Schierke told them about his 'astral wound', that it doesn't close.

It doesn't matter how many times they close it, it'll open again, unless 'astrally' (jesus, this is horrible) healed.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Off topic: I appreciate EG for the scanlations and all the forum member for creating such an informative forum which keeps me awake during class. :D

On topic: Sadly I don't think Guts will make much of an appearance in the next couple chapters. The wait is killing me but I believe the battle will be wrapped up and thats it. Though, wouldn't it be awesome to see Guts on the ship with company. You see him resting, healing his wounds, and Caska keeping him warm. That would make me tear up a little. To quote my favorite hawk "it is a womans duty to provide warmth for a man, he said." Not sure if thats the exact quote, going off memory here.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

guywildman, you seem to be missing the nature of how the Berserk armor damages him when used at full power. First there are all of the actual wounds he takes from those he's fighting (look at the forest fight, there are a number of these) but those are the least of it. Then there are all of the wounds he takes as the armor "reinforces" him by doing this like shoving large chunks of metal through his legs to keep them stable after they got broken, and so on. Last, just using it does major damage to every single muscle and tendon in his body. There is a reason that humans don't normally use 100% of their body's muscle capacity, and that's it. In the entire series he's never even come close to being injured that badly, and I'm not sure how much the elf dust can even help. It needs to be aplied to the wound, after all, so does it work on internal damage? It very well might not, which could explain right there how long it took for Guts to recover. All this doesn't even include the types of side-effects of the armor that SK described.

As a last point, Khelegond already mentioned, so I'll just reiterate, that his physical wounds healing and his astral wounds healing aren't related. One can be healed without the other being in any way affected.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The armor "reinforces" him hehe thats a way of putting it.

The first time i saw that i was like "ouuuuch"

No wonder it seems he never heals his recent injuries.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Well, it seems like he'd almost finished healing from the forest, when the Kushan invasion thing happened, and he got a whole new set of wounds.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

No Berserk today.

The next scheduled release is next week. It seems that YA made an error in putting the date down, or not everything was finalised when the release date was placed on the previous chapter.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Well that's disapointing. Sigh. Oh well, I suppose we'll survive one more week.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Today, YA posted a very revealing preview of 284...

:|
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

sweet, thanks for the heads up.
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

Nice. somthing to keep me kicking till the weekend.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

that doesn't look a whole lot like griffith to me :? his nose looks like michael jackson's lol
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

His expression does look pretty blank. Not calculating, or Aww inspiring or any other classic Griffith expressions. Odd.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

At least we know that the next chapter will still probably be focused on Griffith, not returning to Guts. I'm actually fairly happy about that, there are a number of things I'd like to see more about with Griffith's situation.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

Chaos_Wanderer wrote:His expression does look pretty blank. Not calculating, or Aww inspiring or any other classic Griffith expressions. Odd.
Remember how in the previous release he said if the armies continued fighting it would end in a stalemate? Perhaps hes a bit disheartened coming away with a draw? Or maybe hes just ticked off Minura took so long with his curly locks, and pretty boy good looks.

Looks like he got some DSL now. :kekeke:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

You can see how much Guts has changed through the years; Griffith must be growing up
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Griffith is a goddamn chocolate thief.

I think this chapter will be a response to the aftermath of the war, how the 'holy men' would react to his presence and along with the adoring public. More recruitment drive!

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

And then someone will ruin the mood by asking him where his famous Leader of the Hawk Raiders :twisted:
Facade19
Mastered PM

Post by Facade19 »

When will Femto make a return? :oops:
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Wow, after all these years Miura did really found the best way to draw Griffith, he looks better than he ever looked.