The "Otakukin"?

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

EnglishJim
This is my new home

The "Otakukin"?

Post by EnglishJim »

First and foremost, this is not an anime. So, what the hell does "Otakukin" have to do with anything? Well...
Anime News Network wrote:There's a small chance you've heard of "otherkin", people who believe they're actually dragons or foxes or faeries or whatever trapped in human bodies. Those people are bad enough, but Otakukin take it one step further - they believe they are the reincarnation of an anime character.

No, I'm not kidding. Yes, there are people who actually subscribe to this. Yes, they are completely bonkers.
Source.

Now then, let me explain what this is all about. I visit a certain site every now and again, to read a weekly article known as "Hey Answerman!". Answerman is a guru of sorts, and will answer (almost) any question you have regarding anime/manga. At the end of every article is the "Flake of the Week", a retarded question sent in by a retarded person (in this case, "otakukin"). See for yourself...

(Answerman = bold font).

A week later...

Yeah... since we've had a wave of dumbasses sign up lately, I just wanted to show you the level of retardedness outside of EG.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

dood you dont want to fuck with me, my otakukin is Kenshiro and my abilites to explode heads is near perfect!!! I DARE YOU TO FUCK WITH ME!!!

lol making crap up, i love the interweb.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

A guy I knew thought he could really make a Kamehameha if he trained enough and he was dead serious about it, don't know where he is now...
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Finito wrote:A guy I knew thought he could really make a Kamehameha if he trained enough and he was dead serious about it, don't know where he is now...
Iraq.

Most people realize that they can't do that and end up joining the Marines. Now they just yell out 'Kamehameha' when in the turret of a Humvee.

Yes, I have friends who watched DBZ growing up, yes they did join the Marines.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Reincarnates of fictional characters?

I mean I suppose it's no better than others claiming to be apostles, or the reincarnation of Jesus, but I mean...just...

Jesus?
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I heard about Otakkin and otherkin on some gamer Podcast. They were mainly making fun of Weaboo's and shit. Only gamer thing I remembered was them making fun of their french wives correcting them when they say genre.
Ryuji
imanewbie

Post by Ryuji »

That shit can't be serious......
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

this thread... only 1 purpose... 700
Bow to Golbez
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well my otakukin is Gatts, so you bitches are screwed! :P
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

surprised there hasnt been any shakima demons reincarnated into people but of course thats a niche title lol