Fan Art

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Hurray for FIST OF THE NORTH STAR!!

The main character does remind me of Guts though.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Arresty
Conversation Killer

Post by Arresty »

That is a really good. Some of the best fan art for anything I have seen.
cloud21
imanewbie

Post by cloud21 »

sorry man i dont have a scanner :( jus a camera i might get one next paycheck :)
Thegreensquid
imanewbie

Post by Thegreensquid »

Love your work Femto. Animation is an awesome profession that I've grown up around. What kind of animation are you in to, "3D" or 2D? Not only that but thanks to this
Femto wrote:
J2 Cool wrote:[rant]worst overused statement ever :P But seriously, I hate that sentence. Nobody is born drawing like Femto. trust me. A better statement is "I don't draw". It's understandable that not everyone wants to dedicate themself to drawing, which I believe you have to, to be good. But wishing won't do anything to "have the talent" some people do. It just takes a ton of practice and a ton of will power. [/rant]

Sorry, not aimed at anyone. Just I grievance I have with the world in general :D

Hey, I wasn't born drawing either, and I don't consider it a talent at all. If anything, I'd say that my talent is that I really like to draw. And when you do something a lot, you will get better at it. Just like you said, I've dedicated myself to it, and that's why I'm somewhat decent (even though I still need a lifetime of work to draw the way I really want to). And, just like you said, I believe that if people really like it, and if they really dedicate themselves to it, they can be as good as anybody they want. It just takes some patience and a lot of practice.
You both have my respect as a fellow artists. This is something I've been saying for years and rarely do I find people who agree. I'm so tired of this "divine talent" BS.

Anyway on to some of my art.

I sketched these out when I noticed this post and just had to add to it. My connection died thanks to a snow storm so I haven't been able to post them until just now. All of these are links to DA. If you don't like DA, too bad.

Skull Knight Colored
Just some quick Airbrushing

Skull Knight Inked
Inked real quick with a regular pen and a sharpie.

Skull Knight Sketch
A 30 minute original sketch I pumped out after I read this thread and saw all of the requests for a Skull Knight. It looks a little lop sided, I know. I probably should've spent more time on it. Getting those pauldrons (I thnk that's what they're called) in that perspective was frustrating.

Berserker Armor Unfinished Sketch
I started working on the head, and the head was entirely from memory. Which is why it only has one eye, I thought the armor only had one eye like guts, when I looked at a refrence, I was wrong. Anyway, I forgot how it attached to the armor. So I looked up a reference for that and just got bored and stopped. The detail was so overwhelming that I was like... "meep"
Azrael
notanewb

Post by Azrael »

Nice, I like the berserk armor sketch alot, good perspective, you should do more of it. :)
"For you are life, rarer than a quark and unpredictable beyond the dreams of Heisenberg; the clay in which the forces that shape all things leave their fingerprints most clearly."
- From Alan Moore's The Watchmen
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

Im waiting for more work of Femto.
If Miura would ever die while Berserk isnt finished, Femto could make the art. :D

The Slan pic. was just TOO great!
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Well, this thread is still alive I see. That's great!

Thanks for the comments squid, they're really appreciated. Divine talent BS... I'll have to remember that, it's a great way of calling it. I like your artwork too, but I definitely like your pencil work more than your colored ones. That's just a personal thing though, I always think that the original pencil lines have more vitality than an inked or colored piece. It's the same with animation and pencil tests really, and it's 2D all the way, baby!

I've been a little busy here, which is why I've let this thread die. I have four more days of Spring Break though, and even though I have some work to do, I'll use all of today to get some stuff out for this forum. Squid's post came just in time, it was the inspiration I needed. I'll fulfill my promise of doing Skull Knight, and Starnum, if you're reading this, I'll work on Damien as well. I should be done by tonight.

And Gatzz, even though it would be a dream to work on Berserk, I'd never be able to fill Miura's shoes...

EDIT: It might take longer than that actually...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

*cough* Silat * cough*
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Cool! Looking forward to it Femto!

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hey, great work squid.

Yeah, I can't wait to get my sketch of Damien *Skips off*.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Is 'Damien' a comic devised by the both of you? Any interest in posting it in this forum? I know it'll be good...

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Actually, it's the manga I'm writing, "Ksi". Damien is the main villian. Good ole Femto is just doing a sketch for me. Hopefully I can talk him into working with me more after this. I Don't think he's looking to go full-time yet though, heh. ;)
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Status Update:

I've finished Starnum's drawing and I'm on my way to doing SK. I've done a little research on the character, meaning that I've looked at a lot of pretty pictures of him by Miura, so I kinda know how the guy works. I'm thinking of how to do the pose now. The thing is, he almost never stands without his horse and drawing his horse would be a little too much, but I think I've got an idea on how to tackle this.

We'll see how it goes...
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

That's cool. Take your time. You can't rush art. :wink:

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yep, no rush. By the way, thanks again for the pic! I look forward to our next endeavor. Oh, and as far as SK goes, in the game he stands straight, like a statue.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

It's cool. The horse is a hassle to draw, but could you just shade it all black or something, and have only the shape of the horse? My arts skills way too shabby to give advice to people. :?

Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

well, here is a little crap i was working on a while ago. The first one is drawn from charcoal while i was in a car, I wanted to finish it...... but i lost my peice of charcoal somewhere >.<

The second is a shitty little sketch i started of Caska. I will work on it a little
later, just got some of the outline finished. I'm not very good at drawing anime style, i usually work more with realism, but any constuctive critisicism is good. If you click on either image it should enlarge and look a little better. My scanner is shitty. I will update when i have time to actually draw something instead of sketching.

J2 Cool
notanewb

Post by J2 Cool »

Femto wrote:Status Update:

I've finished Starnum's drawing and I'm on my way to doing SK. I've done a little research on the character, meaning that I've looked at a lot of pretty pictures of him by Miura, so I kinda know how the guy works. I'm thinking of how to do the pose now. The thing is, he almost never stands without his horse and drawing his horse would be a little too much, but I think I've got an idea on how to tackle this.

We'll see how it goes...
good luck man, sounds cool.
Gatzz
Mastered PM

Post by Gatzz »

Ketheric: I really liked the first pic.
Maybe if you train some more... guess you could get better. :D
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I found a fun little program you guys could use to make some artwork...go to http://artpad.art.com. it's a flash program.
Kêthêrîc
This is my new home

Post by Kêthêrîc »

Gatzz wrote:Ketheric: I really liked the first pic.
Maybe if you train some more... guess you could get better. :D
yeah, it has been a while since i've drawn anything, but i need to practice more in anime style.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, anime style is my fav. :P
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Forget about the anime BS, try to develop your own style. The generic anime character is awful looking IMO, and the market is so saturated with them (in both commercial art and fan art) that I'm seriously going to kill somebody if this keeps up. There's a serious lack of originality in those terms. That Caska you did has potential I think, you might need to work on your anatomy a little more (you could try pulling her left eye and ear down a bit for starters) but it has something nice going for it. Try to post some more of your work.

BTW, I've been busy with schoolwork, which is why Skull Knight is nowhere in sight. I don't have classes tomorrow, so I'll take a break between all of the assignments I have to do to finish the drawing.

Also, should I start a general Fan Art thread in the Artwork and Graphics forum?

EDIT: Five minutes of Photoshop to prove that my point. You might've already been aware about the stuff I've fixed, but I think that, if you push this kind of drawing a little more, it could look a lot more interesting than the generic anime crap.

Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Mar 30, 2005 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Femto wrote:Also, should I start a general Fan Art thread in the Artwork and Graphics forum?
heh, I'm afraid if you do, you'll be the only posting there. :P

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

That's what I thought. Is there really nobody else out there from the 500+ members/lurkers that likes to draw?
That sucks... I don't want to be the only loser posting my crap. It's enough with the Funny Pictures thread, which now lies solely in my hands. :twisted:

We'll see...