miura's absence

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

dronedevil
notanewb

miura's absence

Post by dronedevil »

2-1-07 (10:39AM EST)---- Miura Explains Recent Berserk Manga Break
In some of his sidebar comments printed in just about every issue of Young Animal where his Berserk manga serial appears, creator Kentaro Miura often gives some reference to events in his personal life or current goings on with the comic. In recent issues he gave an explanation for the recent 3+ months of lapse in the manga's serialization. In late 2006 he first warned the manga may go to temporary irregular publication format as the coming storyline would deal with a huge army of over 1000 soldiers. After returning to Young animal a few weeks ago, Miura confirmed the break was due to the fact that he was drawing soldiers during that time (he draws each one by hand with no computer aids). Rumors spread online through the Japanese web in 2006 that the series could be coming to a grand finale soon. Those sentiments apparantly sprung from another one of these sidebar comments: "Finally 30 volumes. At first though I was going to end it within 2-3 volumes." "

I pulled this from animenewsservice.com
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

Well, I certainly hope it's not coming to a grand finale soon. I think there's still way too much story left untold for me to want it to end any time soon.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Yeah, I heard about this a couple of days ago. So he wasn't taking a break, but business as usual with that man. And no, I don't think there's not going to be any grand finale soon, his comment was probably just reminiscing about how long it took.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

the break was fucking terrible to go through. all the withdrawals... but i am happy it happened. im happy to know that miura is so involved as he is in his manga. it makes me have more hope for the rest of the comic to be just as amazing as what is done so far. i was getting worried that he was getting bored or something.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
agentitai
imanewbie

Post by agentitai »

i remember a friend saying that he read somewhere that Miura said that now after gathering the team he can "begin" the series *with a devilish smile*...and he estimate that he will finish the series around the 60-90 volume...but still i could be wrong...
fix your sig, its to big, 160px height. read the guidelines http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/9708 ... opy2wp.gif
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Re: miura's absence

Post by EnglishJim »

60 - 90 volumes, eh? It's taken over 15 years to get where we are, so can we expect another 15+ years of Berserk? I don't see why not.
dronedevil wrote:Rumors spread online through the Japanese web in 2006 that the series could be coming to a grand finale soon. Those sentiments apparantly sprung from another one of these sidebar comments: "Finally 30 volumes. At first though I was going to end it within 2-3 volumes."
They lifted those rumors from a "Berserk Stupid Theories" thread.
Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

60 - 90 volumes, eh? It's taken over 15 years to get where we are, so can we expect another 15+ years of Berserk? I don't see why not.
I'm certainly not objecting. Something this good deserves to be worked out in loving detail, with every plot thread dealt with.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yup. sounds like a good 15+ years for me.

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

right on sounds good to me
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

another 15 huh? thats a good chunk of time.

But really this is the work of a lifetime. Its better he take his time rather than burning himself out. I just hope he doesn't wake up one day and say "fuck it".
"Context is for Kings"
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

if he did, then we would really have to have those berserkaholics anonymous meetings...

FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Fuji Nagase wrote:if he did, then we would really have to have those berserkaholics anonymous meetings...
Hello my name is FightClub, I'm a BERSEKSaholic.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Shisho

Post by Shisho »

There's really way too much that has to happen and so many fights that I see coming. Not to mentioned a lot of unanswered questions. If he ends it that prematurely then it's going to suck, and I will personally think it's because he had no ending in mind or no way to tie this world together into a brilliant ending.
Orm
imanewbie

Post by Orm »

I almost can´t believe it :o
I took it for granted that he had some worker bees for such stupid and monotonous tasks as to reproduce 60 000 almost identical looking soldiers.
Does anybody remember how things were at the time the original Hawks had their big battles? Were there also such big release breaks?

If this is true his life must have been hell for the last months. I really hoped he was enjoying life to keep his energy up. Or at least get some inspiration for the next orgy-scenes :wink:
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Just as ancient legendary weapons/armor of old took the life force of their creators so too now does a legendary epic manga take the life force of its author.

^_^
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
darkdarkasian
imanewbie

Post by darkdarkasian »

Orm wrote:
If this is true his life must have been hell for the last months. I really hoped he was enjoying life to keep his energy up. Or at least get some inspiration for the next orgy-scenes :wink:

uh... I prefer some real orgy-scenes :wink: :wink: :wink:
Just as ancient legendary weapons/armor of old took the life force of their creators so too now does a legendary epic manga take the life force of its author.
I couldn't agree more on what Drizz said. Miura obviously has a personal life and having a month or two breaks in Berserk isn't all that bad. At least he's making progress. And how he drew every single soldier shows that Miura is a very dedicated manga author. And another good 15+ years of this manga is time worthwhile.

PS. I hope I don't get burned.......
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

FightClub wrote:
Fuji Nagase wrote:if he did, then we would really have to have those berserkaholics anonymous meetings...
Hello my name is FightClub, I'm a BERSEKSaholic.
hells yeah!
thats what i say in RL when people ask me:
a) what kind of anime/manga i like.
or b) what are my interests.

"hello, my name is fuji ,and im a berserkaholic"

when appropriate of course.

(and you spelled "berserkaholic" wrong *o* )

MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

lol he's spelling it according to an inside joke...you should remember it :?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Berseks?
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Fuji Nagase wrote:(and you spelled "berserkaholic" wrong *o* )
Yeah they got mad at me for not making it Berseks last time.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

It's not Berseks, it's BERSEKS! :twisted:

Nobody remembers this? I think it was LordMune who started it...
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Berseks originates from someone else who was banned... we keep the terminology around because it amuses us.
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

that was so long ago...yeah, i forgot..bad fuji! i guess im just old school, still going with the orig. non-joke name.

Istvan
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Istvan »

I'd almost forgotten that one. That was a while ago, wasn't it. Heck, I can't even remember who started it anymore. Oh well. Good to see that some people are working hard to keep the old jokes alive.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

lol. I think it'd be hilarious to log in one day and see the Berserk forum changed to BERSEKS!