::Hajime no ippo::

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

You are joking i geuss.

About chapters 739-740

Awesome coloring, i dont remember the last time i saw an Ippo colored page.

Man this two chapters truly made up for the bad start of the fight.

The new dempsey is truly what will make him knock down the door to the world. Its beyond scary.

I feel for his next opponent.

That he saw Kamogawa with mits in the lights was beutiful and truly shows Ippo's character to remember always what the coach thought.

I regained alot respect for Sisfa when he really started boxning instead of just throwing jolts all the time.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Man you know the place better than I do. On the home page you have a picture (high right) of the latest raw. The picture of Ippo after his win, so I knew before we got there that Ippo would win after chap 740.

So spoiler. I don't care though, I like to be spoiled 8) .

Edit:movin'on, what do you think Takamura meant at the end? That Ippo's DR reached a new level that is good enough to challenge the world? Or that it's very dangerous to keep doing this (I mean, the injury can be serious, it looks like a bad muscle strain, the kind that takes month to go away. Forget roadwork).
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I think he meant one of two things. That the DR really hurt Sisfa as he didnt wake up for a while or that its a move that will take him to the world stage.

I think its the second just like Kamogawa said.

Sprained leg are only weeks injury i know i am big soccer fan and they always have sprained leg.

Also the new DR being too hard on the body is nothing for Ippo. I mean only months ago he coulndt even do it and now he can. Next time it will prolly be easy for him to do it since Kamogawa will make him stronger as he always does.

Edit: This is the DG forums i go to http://westbound.proboards34.com/index.cgi and i have never seen raw pics there. I think the site you mean is the ignition site where the direct downloads are.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Really serious sprained (or teared) muscle take a month of rest for total recovery (I'm sure star soccer players have access to *special* treatments). If you go earlier, you might reinjure it. If it's a minor one, like a pulled muscle, well maybe. I've dealt with that, you need total recovery or you'll drag it forever. And Ippo's muscle looked like it teared. We'll see.

Boxing mangas are very convenient, instead of killing a character you can just have him retiring in a cool way and it feels right. I'm sure Tite would love to have this option :D .
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Even so a month is nothing for a boxer, most of the times ippo have several months of doing nothing but train. So they dont have to hurry.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Wow, that was one mean ass uppercut.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh it was funny i complained about how Ippo throws too few upper cuts in DG forums just before this chapters :)

Kamogawa really knew what he said when he said it would open the door to the world. Now DR is almost impossible to stop when he can throw it from diffrent angles.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

After 741, it looks like it's just a minor injury after all. It's good, it looked so much more severe at the time. For even Takamura to recognize Ippo withthe serious face, that tells you how Ippo is getting closer to the world title match.

Now what's next? A lil Taka match? Or the Miyata match?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Taka,kimura,Aoki matches first.

Since thier date was close to Ippo's.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I forgot about that.
stafilo
imanewbie

Post by stafilo »

Just to announce: 742 and 743 are already on the web :)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, Takamura's going to get DQ'ed if he tries to pull that shit in the ring. :P

Actually, I think he was just fucking with them, and is going to bust out his real finisher in the match. ;)
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Well all of Takamura's punches are more or less finishers. He's pissed because everybody else has a signature move, so he had to come with something outrageous. I have the feeling that the fans will throw shits on the ring at the end of that match...again.
Last edited by Albator on Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Poor Taka, he dominates so much without having a finishing move that he feels left out :P
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

744 out.

Guess the whole purpose of this event was comic relief, after Jimmy-Ippo's match.

One thing for sure, Taka must be pissed that he couldn't use his finisher. He'll probably say that he's too good to need these stuffs anyway, they are for weaklings. With such flashy display, getting his 3rd world title match should be easy. 'Was probably his goal though.

*bump*

Downloading 747-750 by IO.
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

:oops: Just started off with the first volume :oops:

And I say it's awesome. Thanks fella's, wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for this thread :worship:

.... and yes, this post was made in absolute ass-kising fashion :P
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Welcome to the club of HNI fanboys ;)

I loved Itagaki in chapter 750!!!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

ddem1 wrote::oops: Just started off with the first volume :oops:

And I say it's awesome. Thanks fella's, wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't for this thread :worship:

.... and yes, this post was made in absolute ass-kising fashion :P
Oh, a new kouhai has entered the gym eh? Go get our coffee scrub! :P

Yeah, Manabu really was great in 750. Hearing his confession to Ippo almost brought a tear to my eye, heh.
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

:shock: Snap, much to catch up to isn't there... Got all the volumes and latest chapters.

Just finished volume 11. So about 60+ to go? :lol:

Anyway, the fanboy in me is evolving :smoken:

BTW those sex jokes are amazing :lol: "Heavy-weight" :lol:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Thanks for the coffee kid. Now go do your road work. You've still got a long ways to go if you want to be a contender. :P

So, I have a couple of questions for everyone.

1.) Who's your favorite character.
2.) If you were a pro boxer, what weight-class would you shoot for?
3.) What kind of style would you use? In-fighting, Out-boxing, hitman, etc.
4.) What's your favorite KO Pattern or Sunday Punch?

Feel free to add anything you want or to ask your own questions. I'll answer these after a few other people respond. I want to see if anyone is interested in the questions or not first, lol.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

1.) My fav character in manga and anime is Takamura. Not only is he funny as hell with his pervert style but he is also very cool when he wants to be. Normaly i dont like sex jokes but what he use to do with Ippo and his "thing" it always made my day when i read it :D

2.) Middlewieght or super middle, there you have the power and also some speed so you arent slow and heavy like heavywights.

3.) I have always liked Liver Blow>Gazelle Punch>Dempsey Roll. Wish he would use that pattern ofter.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I'm all about the Sendo. He's easily my favorite character. If I was going to become a pro-boxer, I would try to start around my natural weight and enter as a light heavyweight. If that didn't work out I might try to go down a little. I'm definitely an in-fighter, and I love uppercuts. Sendo's Smash is my favorite Sunday punch from the series. Okay, so, how about the rest of you guys?
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

Well I'm at Volume 15 :oops:

Im pretty shitty with remembering so all these techniques.... Lol just gimme time :P

Takamura is my favorite for now. Those penis jokes crack me up.

Need to go catching up so better thoughts laterz :wink:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Good work kid, now go hit the sandbag for a while. :P
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

Yes Senpai! :P