Battle Angel Alita

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

You are my fucking hero and I love you.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

The fact that nobody was doing it had to be an anomaly. That's great, thanks to all of you people, great job.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

yippeeee!
thanks for making it possible, crazyankan!

=)
3rdbloodage
Mastered PM

Post by 3rdbloodage »

crazyankan wrote:[Manga] direct download will come soon.
L :shock: King Forward for Http DL (no Torrent are allowed to me .. for the present time)
Never Forget Image Never Forgive
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

So now we know what Alita was doing and how she ended up on Earth. I understand that she got caught by Sangwisswhile trying to escape. It's great to finally get to know these events. On the other end I really don't know what to think about the hypnotics guys, I really don't get their place in the story. Feels like Kishimoto needed something to end the volume. At least we got to see some Sechs and Mbadi ownage.
So what's left now is how she became what she used to be, Yoko. That calls for a trip to Mars, great moments to come. I know it's not anytime soon, but it's gonna be good.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

Albator wrote: Feels like Kishimoto needed something to end the volume. .
do u mean kishiro? as in yukito kishiro?

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Yeah, and all that.
kasgarinn
Found the Edit button

Post by kasgarinn »

Just a quick Q for verification.. BAA - Last order is the story continued from the original battle angel alita right?

K.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Yep that it is. She was reborn up in tiuapoureko (yeah that tower place) and she is just going with the flow from there.

Anyway I liked this last volume got some insight into her backround and what not. I liked it. Many thanx crazyankan. :)
"Context is for Kings"
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

it continues the original story.
with the exception that it complete ignores the last part of the story where she becomes a flower together with the tower.
which was kinda dumb.

=)
inkthinker
Found the Edit button

Post by inkthinker »

kasgarinn wrote:Just a quick Q for verification.. BAA - Last order is the story continued from the original battle angel alita right?

K.
There's a point in the final volume of the original series where Alita gets blown to smithereenies by a boobytrapped child-android, and only her brain is saved.

It helps to imagine everything that happened after that point in vol. 9 was a dream or something... Alita LO essentially starts from a point immediately after that even and carries forward.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah, i remember trying to pinpoint the exact moment it changed from reg. BAA, to LO. sadly i cant seem to recall it, but i think thats about right.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
3rdbloodage
Mastered PM

Post by 3rdbloodage »

The Gap Between BAA & BAA2LO is a little Further
i Agree with Quest about the strange of the flower idea
:arrow: Could Be Spoiler
so sailem turned to a semi-botanical City (unlike Sailem in LO)
also lou at the end of BAA get engaged to Kaos (while in LO She is still Missing)
in the End of BAA ... Alita Turned to a Human (From the last 2 pages)
While she is still cyborg in LO (& More Dangerous)
Never Forget Image Never Forgive
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Um, I'm sorry but what are you trying to say? To me the transition point is, as inkthinker said, when the meca-child blow her in pieces, and that's all threre is to it, no "further gap".
You can put the flower thing on the fact that Kishiro was kind of depressed(?) and rushed to find an ending to the serie, I never understood why really. I didn't really make sense, but it wasn't that bad IMO.
Last edited by Albator on Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

It did feel a bit cut short, and also, quite frankly, a little corny. I'm not saying this is better in LO, because LO has been becoming quite strange in the later volumes.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

What volumes are you talking about? If you're talking about vo7 yes, maybe (frakin circus show). But I can't wait for the volumes to come, I looked at them and I really want to know what's going on.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, I read whatever I could get from Crazyankan, and I'd have to say that the people presented in the last volume were just not serious. Sure, even in the motorball there were strange people, but not quite of this stuipd calibre.
Brainpiercing
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Brainpiercing wrote:Well, I read whatever I could get from Crazyankan, and I'd have to say that the people presented in the last volume were just not serious. Sure, even in the motorball there were strange people, but not quite of this stuipd calibre.
Brainpiercing,
which characters are you refering to?
the appearance of the people from her past opened up a whole new plot line. i think the clones are added for the comic relief.
there are new angles thrown into the story all the time and that why i love this manga.

=)
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Now I see what he's saying, and I have to agree. New angles are good, but the circus theme was out of place, or I felt. I mean so far all the protagonist in BAA were consistents: some were downright nuts to the point they were funny, but their ability in combat was serious. The only way I can remember to control somebody's mind is 'hacking' it with nanomachines, and I'm fine with that. But now this guy come out of nowhere with 'the power of the human mind', and we are introduce with some ability that shouldn't be available in BAA.
The fact that all ability were obtained by technologie defined the limit of these ability too. Where do you stop now with the mind stuff?
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Albator wrote:Now I see what he's saying, and I have to agree. New angles are good, but the circus theme was out of place, or I felt. I mean so far all the protagonist in BAA were consistents: some were downright nuts to the point they were funny, but their ability in combat was serious. The only way I can remember to control somebody's mind is 'hacking' it with nanomachines, and I'm fine with that. But now this guy come out of nowhere with 'the power of the human mind', and we are introduce with some ability that shouldn't be available in BAA.
The fact that all ability were obtained by technologie defined the limit of these ability too. Where do you stop now with the mind stuff?
Albator,
i agree with everyone that the 'power of the human mind' was very far fetched.
the good is that it was more of a subplot than the main storyline and i do not think we will be revisiting that part of the story ever.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I saw that more as a distraction than a subplot. But as you said, we shouldn't hear about this again, so it's all good. I agree with you that it had potential, but it just doesn't seem fit in BAA. Looks like they resolved the "Self-Combustion" problem too, and that's why I'm a little disappointed with this: when they mentioned it earlier I thougth it might be linked to the matuzalem process, some kind of bio-counter attack from Mars or something...Guess not.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, the trouble is this sort of weird mental manipulation bullshit always reminds me of "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy", and that one is impossible to take seriously. With that sort of association in mind, the funny people in the arena become even more stupid.
The bits with Alita herself were all fine.

Well, whatever, I'll see how it goes on.
Brainpiercing
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

i have learnt that to enjoy a good story(esp. in mangas), we should not be too critical about trying to find the logic in every single event or thing.
sometimes we just have to be resigned to the fact that it is just a lame plot device but not forgetting the main point of the story.

=)
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Quest wrote:i have learnt that to enjoy a good hollywood movie , we should not be too critical about trying to find the logic in every single event or thing.
sometimes we just have to be resigned to the fact that it is just a lame plot device but not forgetting the main point of the movie: to make stuff (mostly the main actor) look cool and blow shit up.

=)
Umm... makes much more sense this way :)
Brainpiercing
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

Brainpiercing wrote:
Quest wrote:i have learnt that to enjoy a good hollywood movie , we should not be too critical about trying to find the logic in every single event or thing.
sometimes we just have to be resigned to the fact that it is just a lame plot device but not forgetting the main point of the movie: to make stuff (mostly the main actor) look cool and blow shit up.

=)
Umm... makes much more sense this way :)
LOL!
NOT if the story has no point at all!
if a movie is shitty then it is just shitty. no point looking though all that crap to find a meaning.