Battle Angel Alita

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

huaja wrote:Volume 4 of Last Order is out on BT from Rippersanime just fyi.

cheers
Thanks :worship: What a coincidence! I was just looking for Last Order vol4.

I was confused of the storyline until I've read these posts. It is really good to hear that mangaka had some other reason to finish the original series in such a crappy way...
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

RedEyes wrote:
huaja wrote:Volume 4 of Last Order is out on BT from Rippersanime just fyi.

cheers
Thanks :worship: What a coincidence! I was just looking for Last Order vol4.

I was confused of the storyline until I've read these posts. It is really good to hear that mangaka had some other reason to finish the original series in such a crappy way...
Where have i seen that book before? ^^

BAA LO 05 will be out before 15 of june if i have the motivation.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

That's good news. Crazyankan, you rule man...
Temple
imanewbie

Post by Temple »

I've got the entire manga series of BAA as a cbr file, this has to be my absolute favorite manga of all time. I wish they had finished the anime, since it followed (somewhat decently) the manga in storyline. The anime ends at volume 1 of the manga, so it leaves you hanging just a bit >.>;; but it's still well worth watching.
Not all those who wander are lost. -- JRRT
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thanks for the work you are puting in crazyankan.

And i'm will looking forward to vol 5.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
TrueRush
imanewbie

Post by TrueRush »

i really liked how the story unfolded and character development for alita. this manga imo is a classic. it's a must read if you havent already. only downside is the explicit violence if some cant handle that as for me it was right up my ballpark.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Violence is a big part of many mangas so i think most people can handle violence if they have read action mangas before.

I just finished reading Last Order vol 4 and it was some nice action plus the new story is picking up.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
TrueRush
imanewbie

Post by TrueRush »

nice to hear it's continuing. i thought last order vol 4 was the last of it. this whole series is a must have for any manga reader imo.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Plus is the only good sci fi action manga.

I know there is atleast vol 5 and there must more vols after that since the story is only just starting in last order.
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Yes, we have lots of volumes to go...

There is definitely going to be a whole arc on Mars and then she'll be back to face you know who.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Dude you know I bought Battle angel alita just because I reconized the picture. Thanx for the indirect recommendation Redeyes. XD
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

RedEyes wrote:Yes, we have lots of volumes to go...

There is definitely going to be a whole arc on Mars and then she'll be back to face you know who.
Who can you say the name cause is has been long time beteween when i read vol 3 and 4. I dont remember so much what happened in vol1-3.

Maybe you mean Lu?
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Dude you know I bought Battle angel alita just because I reconized the picture. Thanx for the indirect recommendation Redeyes. XD

you're welcome :) I hope you like the manga...

my ava is drawn by the mangaka himself, I snatched it from his official site, Yukitopia or smt like that

catch up with the series and we can both drool for petite Alita *cough* ahem, discuss the manga...
Who can you say the name cause is has been long time beteween when i read vol 3 and 4. I dont remember so much what happened in vol1-3.

Maybe you mean Lu?

I was talking about Aga Mbaldi, *SPOILER* the powerful ladder representative who beat Alita when they came to space city Ketheres.
Last edited by RedEyes on Tue Jun 07, 2005 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I read up to volume 3 of last order. I was going to continue but the quality was rather bad. lol But I plan to buy as many as possible I like the series alot.
"Context is for Kings"
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

I'm also buying the mangas when they come out.

I have a Last Order vol 4 translation but the quality is more or less the same, so you won't like it I guess
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I was suppose to buy volume 3 today but I forgot to bring money with me. SO next week I'll pick it up. XD
"Context is for Kings"
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

The translation of BAA LO 05 is almost done.
And ^Ripper @ Rippersanime is helping me with the editing part.

I think it will be up in one week :thumbsup:
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

crazyankan wrote:... I think it will be up in one week :thumbsup:
I'll cast blessing on you with my remaining mana/spell points :D

Cover looks good but I really wonder what those flying plastic bunny/woman combo thingies are...
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

http://imdb.com/title/tt0437086/

James Cameron thats the cake is gonna direct a movie of this manga... At least they still have the same author writing the movie script.

btw ive been living in a hole and i cant believe i never picked this shit up!
RedEyes
n00b Smasher

Post by RedEyes »

Now this deserves a WTF !?

Cameron + 200 million budget :smoken:

IMDB says that the main character, Alita, will be done with CG animation. Before reading that, I was thinking of hewt Jessica Alba as Alita.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I think its perfect that Alita is done with CG cause no human can do her pantzer kunst without it looking very wierd.

Also i read this news about the alita movie more than a year ago where have you guys been? ;)
crazyankan
Mastered PM

Post by crazyankan »

RedEyes wrote:
crazyankan wrote:... I think it will be up in one week :thumbsup:
I'll cast blessing on you with my remaining mana/spell points :D

Cover looks good but I really wonder what those flying plastic bunny/woman combo thingies are...
Elf and Zwolf have bunny costumes for more attention. They don´t like to be in the shadow of Alita :)
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Alita movie?? mmm I"ll have to look for that. XD
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I read in an anime mag recently that the movie will have premiere in 2007. So its two years left.

Hopefully it will rock and start a boom on movies based on mangas.
TrueRush
imanewbie

Post by TrueRush »

RedEyes wrote:Now this deserves a WTF !?

Cameron + 200 million budget :smoken:

IMDB says that the main character, Alita, will be done with CG animation. Before reading that, I was thinking of hewt Jessica Alba as Alita.
nah angelina jolie would make alba look like a b rated startlette. she's hot but not a great actress if you ask me. awesome a movie i'm salivating haha.