Which Mangas are you reading?

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Re: Which Mangas are you reading?

Post by Tonbo »

The Prince wrote:
Basically he plays the role of the whiny girl companion, common in other Manga's.
That's a good point. It wouldn't be so jarring if he were a girl.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Just finished reading the last chapters of Death Note. And OMG was it an awesome manga!
[spoiler]I thought it all went downhill for Raito when he killed Tacky, but I couldn't believe that he would lose, or even die until I read the very pages he has a heart attack. Man what a mindblowing ending. I'm just happy Matsuda survived, always liked him and his carefree attitude.[/spoiler]

Definately one of the best readings I've ever had.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, it was definitely a good manga, but I can only score it as high as an 8. I think I just disliked the ending too much, and I felt it went downhill after the L Arc. That is cool about Matsuda though, I know what you mean.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Yeah the middle was a bit strechted, especially the arc with the corporation killings I thought. But the endgame with L against N was top notch again I think.
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

That's the problem with these periodical mangas. They're often written in the same manner American TV shows where they are kept up to continue selling them and then they finally end with a less than stellar ending because the author couldn't think of anything else to do. A lot of the time nothing really happens during 30 or more volumes of a manga, like Ranma 1/2, whether it's a comedy or not. Luckily Berserk has fallen into a good episodic structure with light chapters in between the episodes. Death Note deserves a high, but not stellar rating, because it has a goal but it only achieves it after many volumes of talking and internal struggle. The imagery isn't huge in Death Note and that's probably why the anime is more enjoyable than the manga.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Concerning the Death Note Anime: I only watched the last 2 episodes on youtube, and

[spoiler]I like the way Raito/Light goes out in the Manga much more than in the Anime. While he is the protagonist of the story, he still is a manical mass murderer. In the anime he really gets a decent ending, dieing on the stairs, seeing a last image of maybe his only true friend, L. In the manga, like others have said, he goes out like a bitch, crying for help from everyone he himself murdered or rejected. Appropriate ending for a psychopath I'd say.[/spoiler]
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Aetherfukz wrote:Concerning the Death Note Anime: I only watched the last 2 episodes on youtube, and

[spoiler]I like the way Raito/Light goes out in the Manga much more than in the Anime. While he is the protagonist of the story, he still is a manical mass murderer. In the anime he really gets a decent ending, dieing on the stairs, seeing a last image of maybe his only true friend, L. In the manga, like others have said, he goes out like a bitch, crying for help from everyone he himself murdered or rejected. Appropriate ending for a psychopath I'd say.[/spoiler]
As I recall Starnum is/was a big admirerer of Light. He will be disappointed with your POV.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Starnum couldn't be more right, in the anime they tried an half asses attempt in redeeming Light for some reason, like after some resistance he thought "Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Let me think of L now as i die a semi-peacefully death."

I thought the manga was perfect really, the reason so many people disliked it was probably over to over attachment to his character and wanted to see him either win or die laughing or some shit.
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

titles that i read in my native language:

Angel Sanctuary (3=6 vol.)
Death Note (2 vol.)
Eden - It's an endless world (14 vol.)
Fullmetal Alchemist (8 vol.)

and english versions :

Berserk
Biomega
Bleach
B.Reaction
Claymore
Gantz
Gunnm - Last Order
Zetman

that's all i think ....
Tempz
Found the Edit button

Post by Tempz »

Naruto
Bleach
Blade of the Immortal
Berserk
Full Metal Alchemist

So yeah, I'm either sick of watching anime or I've finally hit that point where it's hard to find anymore of the genre/type I prefer(I got like 90 more on my "to watch" list so hopefully there's a couple that'll be interesting), so I started with some manga I've been planning to read..

Anyways, I just got caught up with Boti today and started FMA..Once I'm caught up with this I'll probably start reading either Gantz, Hellsing, or Vagabond. Maybe Battle Royale. I'd like to re-read Berserk but I can't bring myself around to re-reading stuff unless I don't have anything else to watch/read.
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

I guess if I had more money, I'd buy a projector to project my mangas on the ceiling so I can read while going to sleep.

I started reading Yongbi, Castlevania, Junk and also took time to catch up to some christmas releases like Getbackers.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Need urgent help with a manga download. Havent read any manga for a long while, and this particular manga in particular, Change Guy I havent read for like 3 years?? The slow downloads killed me (and in general with mangas, the last manga I read, Beck, hasnt had a new chapter for a solid 5-6 months!). Decided to read it again, instead of read from the chapter I was on (260-70ish), I re-read it all from the start. Up to around chapter 130 now (the manga in general is awesome, but it was beyond awesome at first with fights, story and excellent comedy...later on nothing but just random fights, good but not as good).

The problem is I dont download stuff through irc (too complicated hehe), but direct download or torrents, and for the love of me I cant find the chapters 131-154 anywhere. Tottally weird, dont know too many sites except stoptazmo and baka manga updates, but I remember the insanely slow group making them, k-manga (fuck me there has been eons of time and they arent far from where I left it off), and checked their releases everywhere. Cant find these chapters. I can skip them because I read it before, but its so anti-climatic, usually dont re-read stuff at all, but this manga is one of my all time favs, and being long time ago since, I hardly remember much details. Dont want to skip it unless I have to.

Lost most of my bookmarks, but I remember in some thread, maybe the interesting links thread, someone posted a excellent site that had stored all kinds of manga from beginning to the end. Would be cool if you know those kinds of sites in which I can continue my search in.

Posting in this thread reminded me I have alot of awesome mangas to catch up with, in particular one I dont have to worry about unexistant or slow releases. Which is Vagabond, awing manga at times.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Actually etc just released a new Beck chapter, 92 I believe, and they offer DD. No idea for the others since I use IRC, which is not that complicated (just have to register nick) at all and give you lightning fast downloads.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

You dont read Change Guy I gather? Good thing to hear about Beck (where can one find this etc group?). I usually check stoptazmo but they were still on 90, just noticed manga updates have two new chapters (both downloading them is not working).

Yeah I should learn to use irc, more accessible I guess, but that wont help with the mangas being released in insanely low rate will it? Huge buzzkill.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Nah, I don't know Change Guy, but I don't pick up mangas as I used to. There is just too much, and I tend to buy the ones I like (sometimes too hastily). My manga collection is already too big for a grown man, and I also get euro ones. Maybe I'll check it out one day. For now I stick to the one I like and are established badass: that would be (on top of my head) OP, HNI, Berserk, King of Thorns, SAO, Gunnm, Detroit Metal City, Zetman. I still read others but wouldn't bother buying them.

THe only way to get release faster is well, to get more translators/editors.
Finito

Post by Finito »

Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Thanks alot man! Exactly the kind of huge manga databases I was referring. to. Tante mille. Now I only need to go through all of em to find the chapters I was referring to hehe (that was quick, Mangatraders seems to have everything on change guy).
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Please Help....

Post by The Prince »

Does anyone know of a good site to download Mushishi?

-I've tried Mangatraders but they only have only completed through chapter 3, with a couple random chapters scattered, and haven't updated for close to 6-months.

-I've also tried Lurker but don't understand how their site works.

Thanks-
Finito

Post by Finito »

I went to mangatrader and they have up to v3c12 which is what seems to have been translated up till now and some of v7 for some reason... I dont follow this series, so I'm not aware if more is scanlated, but its not shown on Mangaupdates and gotlurk.

The Lurker(http://www.gotlurk.net) site is a mIRC site. It gives you the command that you have to enter to get the files in their IRC channel #lurk. In their forum, they have tutorials on how to get on their IRC channels. To get the command, just use the search and click on the "#" of the file you want.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Finito wrote:I went to mangatrader and they have up to v3c12 which is what seems to have been translated up till now and some of v7 for some reason... I dont follow this series, so I'm not aware if more is scanlated, but its not shown on Mangaupdates and gotlurk.

The Lurker(http://www.gotlurk.net) site is a mIRC site. It gives you the command that you have to enter to get the files in their IRC channel #lurk. In their forum, they have tutorials on how to get on their IRC channels. To get the command, just use the search and click on the "#" of the file you want.
Thanks my friend.
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

waiting for new chapters.
Berserk
gantz
sekerei
zetman
tenjou tenge
air gear
naruto
bleach
D. gray man
fairy tail

Finished
Deathnote
666_satan
Koliare
imanewbie

Post by Koliare »

Feels like i am reading to few, but i have too little time on my hands to find some good ones besides these

Berserk
Gantz
Ubel Blatt

Havn´t really got a real I LOVE IT feeling to Ubel Blatt yet but it has its good moments, just finished Volume 0 so i suppose it should become better after that.
Smallest avatar around.
Shiva
Mastered PM

Post by Shiva »

HEAT mhm by Buronson & Ryoichi Ikegami ^^
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Deathbringer wrote:Starnum couldn't be more right, in the anime they tried an half asses attempt in redeeming Light for some reason, like after some resistance he thought "Oh well, it was good while it lasted. Let me think of L now as i die a semi-peacefully death."

I thought the manga was perfect really, the reason so many people disliked it was probably over to over attachment to his character and wanted to see him either win or die laughing or some shit.

Thats exactly why i didnt even bother to watch the anime.

I didnt want Light my favorit sociopat and mass murderer becoming some half good lame killer. Typical anime version censoring too of a great manga. Manga i rate 9/10 simply cause the ending could have been better. Otherwise i enjoyed every chapter of it which is rare for a manga like that.

Manga i didnt love the ending,

[spoiler]i would like to see him winning but atleast he didnt get a happy good guy ending. His patetic crying death was more fitting end for a sick guy like him. If he doesnt win he goes down like he did[/spoiler]
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
hai
imanewbie

Post by hai »

Basilisk.
Dame, it's great. I've finished downloading the adaptation movie, "Shinobi", from bittorrent. I dont like Japanese movie, but I must say it's really good. Sigh, the original novel is not published in my country. Luckily whoever has it.