Which Mangas are you reading?

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

2 volumes in 2 days, the guy who did is my hero of the week.

Yeah, it was only one guy.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I have finaly got some urge back to read one of my fav hobbies.

I am rereading my fav shonen av all time aka Hunter X Hunter. Before the hole bug thing it was by far the best shonen.

I am also reading Hajime No Ippo 762-771 and the first vol of Homunculus.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Golden Week sure f'ed up my manga schedule :evil: how did you guys feel about it??
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

I don't know about Golden Week, but your coloring is sure coming along, especially the avatar. Too bad it's stretched.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Heh i havent read a manga for like two months i didnt even know about Golden Week :P

Its time to write a list of my mangas and catch up on the ones i download and get the ones i buy.

By the way anyone read Tokko and Rose Hip series? There arent many scans and i was wondering if they are worth reading.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

It really took me awhile to get into Claymore. It started off kind of bland but after the Terresa Flashback its been sick.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Re: Which Mangas are you reading?

Post by Starnum »

As per Libaax’s request, here is my top 10 manga list. Though the list varies, this is its current incarnation, and it is meant to simply reflect my own personal favorite manga. It implies nothing more then that. ;)

10.) Flame of Recca
9.) Bleach
8.) Full Metal Alchemist
7.) Hajime no Ippo
6.) Gantz
5.) Vagabond
4.) Blade of the Immortal
3.) Rurouni Kenshin
2.) One Piece
1.) Berserk

That should be it, unless I'm forgetting something, but that's unlikely. If anyone mentions a manga that I've read, that I do actually like better though, I'll probably change the list. There's so much out there I haven't read though, so it's unlikely. I'm pretty sure these are my favorite mangas that I've read so far.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Interesting list only Flame of recca i havent read.

My list has changed alot through the years too only Berserk and Ippo,LWAC has always been in the top ten. Must wonder if you have ever read Hunter X Hunter? cause im really suprised it isnt in your list if you have read it. At its best its by far the best Shonen i have read.

Right now my list stands like this:

1. Hajime No Ippo
2. Berserk
3. Lone Wolf and Cub
4. Hunter X Hunter
5. Vagabond
6. Full Metal Alchemist(this may rise higher in the list since i have only read 4 vols so far)
7. Death Note
8. Slam Dunk
9. GANTZ
10. One Piece
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Interesting. I've seen a few episodes of HunterxHunter, but it didn't really draw me in too much. Maybe I'll try reading the manga sometime. I've heard some pretty extreme mixed reviews about it though, so I'm not sure if I'll really like it or not. *shrugs*
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=16

There are good reviews there.

The only mixed reviews i have seen is cause of the latest arc. Which wasnt half as good as the rest of the manga.

It have sold more than both Naruto and OP in asia which is understandable. Their fighting system put most shonens to shame even the great ones like FMA,OP.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Aldarion
imanewbie

Post by Aldarion »

I've read that the author of HxH got some kind of sickness that reduced her(I'm pretty sure she is woman but not 100% sure) ability to draw.

The mangas that I read:
Berserk, Biomega and Shin Angyo Onshi the very same day they are released.
Then there are the "lesser" mangas that I read sometimes when I'm bored. Naruto and Bleach are ones that I read pretty often, like once in a month. Then there are many mangas that I just wait to get more releases. And that list is just huge. Varying from D.Gray-man to Gantz and from Eden to One Piece. Too many mangas to list them all :o But I prefer good seinen over shounen almost anytime.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Haha :lol: this is why :

Togashi Yoshihiro, born April 26, 1966 in Yamagata Prefecture, Japan) is a Japanese manga author. He is most notable for having created YuYu Hakusho(Not anymore ;)) Togashi is married to Naoko Takeuchi, the creator of Sailor Moon (he mentioned their marriage in volume 5 of Hunter x Hunter)[1]. As of February 2006, Togashi is once again on "sick leave" from his current manga, Hunter × Hunter, and has been for over a year.

Before he got sick HXH was the best shonen read it for yourself.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, the author of HxH is a guy. Also, I find it suspicious that he's a self proclaimed FF fanatic, and his "sickness" came on around the exact same time as the release of FFXII. Heh, nah, who knows what's up with the guy.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Well lets hope its something like that and nothing more serious than it seems.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Hum....maybe i should read it too, my shonen expectations aren´t that big anyway.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Read it its actually a must read that i took it for granted the every manga fan here had read it. I mean most people like shonen and if you think Naruto is good then you cant miss out on HXH.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Just read the first chapter of blaster knuckle, its not bad. Its about the KKK being monsters and a black man trying to kill the monsters that ate his dad. I guess there are only 3 volumes to this manga but that should be a pretty cool 3 volumes :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Okay thats officially the wierdest manga story ever!!!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That is pretty weird sounding. :P
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Sandman wrote:Just read the first chapter of blaster knuckle, its not bad. Its about the KKK being monsters and a black man trying to kill the monsters that ate his dad. I guess there are only 3 volumes to this manga but that should be a pretty cool 3 volumes :twisted:
I was going to mention something about this manga, haha! Have you read it? The dude has a few similarities with guts, one being that his "blaster knuckle" is actually a five round firearm in a gauntlet.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I picked up on Id KTMS is doing that project. It seems fairly interesting thus far. Though it seems to remind me of Record of Lodoss war with the different races and what not. Elfs and wizards I'm there.

This week a lot of "stalled" mangas picked up again which is encouraging.
"Context is for Kings"
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Elves FTW!
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Finaly!

A new group has taken on one of my fav mangas aka Shura No Mon. They have realesed three new chapters.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=2768

If you have seen the anime Shura No Toki you know why i adore this manga. The fights are much cooler than in the anime.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

MxO has been picking up recently. Good job on the mangaka and publishers part on making this into a series from the oneshot.

I also started reading Hen. I don't know its actually somewhat decent.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Im reading Blaster Knuckle vol 1.

Its pretty fun read.

Also its very clear that its hugely inspired by Berserk. Almost a rip off.

I mean its made by the same publisher and came out only two years after Berserk.

The blaster knuckle and how he kills with it is soo much like Guts and his cannon hand. The art is alittle similer and the guy's look isnt that different from the young Guts either except the skin color of course.

Also the man eating demons and the apostles you say early in Berserk heh. They prolly thought lets try to remake our biggest hit manga.

Its just interesting.