DEATH NOTE.

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Damien
Dirty Sennin

DEATH NOTE.

Post by Damien »

Anyone here watching? I have watched up to episode 10 and its great.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I've read the manga, and watched the first episode. If it's based solely on the manga, which I'm sure it is, then I can image how cool it is. ;)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

There is no reason to ruin one of my fav mangas with watching the anime version which will surely be full of censoring.

Plus i dont like the coloring of thier looks and the animation which ruined the art of the manga. I have watched the two first eps.

Plus its no fun seeing a mystery show where you know everything about hence, there is no mystery then ;)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, I might watch it later. *shrugs*
Artezul
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Artezul »

The manga is great up until about half-way, and then it takes a bit of a dip. It's not that the story goes out of wack, but more like a letter is missing out of what was a great alphabet. Maybe the anime will add a twist?
"Don't you get it yet?! If she's beautiful, you'll die instantly!!" Chopper
darkdarkasian
imanewbie

Post by darkdarkasian »

Artezul wrote:The manga is great up until about half-way, and then it takes a bit of a dip. It's not that the story goes out of wack, but more like a letter is missing out of what was a great alphabet. Maybe the anime will add a twist?
I heard that there's going to be two seasons of deathnote. The one with that "great alphabet letter" and the other one with the guy looking like a gay goth and the look a like the "great alphabet lettter"

There's one thing that bugs me about Deathnote. The part when L bugs Light's whole house with cameras. How does Light manage to sneak the mini TV inside the bag without being noticed. There should be some explanation to that.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I just started watching Death Note and Its pretty cool, I also tried to read the manga but wow that is way too much to read :roll: I like the anime better to say the least.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Sandman wrote:I just started watching Death Note and Its pretty cool, I also tried to read the manga but wow that is way too much to read :roll: I like the anime better to say the least.
lol I once did 30 min to read one chapter... and no I'm not retarded
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Just got caught up with the current episode of DN and I would have to say I liked it better when it was L vs. Light :twisted: although I am liking Misa more and more... I had some very dirty thoughts when she was being held captive by L :twisted: Light better hit that shit or else he is a fucking dickless bitch :evil:

I also noticed the new intro video I like it a lot better and the ending video... I want to make a GIF of Ryuk with his apple dancing like an idiot :D
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

wating for ep 25 atm. Hopefull "L" doesnt get killed by the psychopath...
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I got impatient from watching the anime and read the whole manga, but I gotta say, the part of the story before the real big plot twist (*Spoiler* L's death*End Spoiler*) was a lot better and made more sense than the rest. They talk way too much trying to explain their logic even if it's really not that wise. The anime is way better because they cut down a lot on the endless babling.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Episode 25 is the pivot point in the series everyone should watch it... I cant wait until the later episodes come out.
Muddtoad
imanewbie

Post by Muddtoad »

Wow I just started watching Death Note and I am hooked. It's pretty addicting and has a lot of good twists in it. Anyone here who hasn't checked it out, must go and watch it NOW! I spent all last night watching that show....next thing I knew it was time for my college classes in the morning haha.
Lazarus Ledd
imanewbie

Re: DEATH NOTE.

Post by Lazarus Ledd »

I've watched til ep 27 and I am on purpose not watching it now. I'm waiting to be subed till the end.

Is it ok if I watch the Movie 1. Which ep in anime does it cover?
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

I just pulled a Death Note marathon and watched all 37 episodes. I must say it was pretty mutha f*king awesome through episode 26. After that it was total rubbish.

I also had a lot of WTF moments in the last 10 episodes... perhaps someone can help me out...

[spoiler]1) So the reason Light didn't have Melo disappear like Penbar's wife was... ? He thought he was still in contact with Near and his disappearance would tip Near off?? Why didn't Light just write Melo's name in the book himself at his father's deathbed? Everyone would have seen it but it wouldn't lead any one to think he's killa.
2) And I thought the book that was in police custody that Melo stole was given back to the shinigami Shidoh. Why was there still a book in police custody at the end?
3) WTF did Mello hope to achieve by kidnapping Takada? No one knew Takada was really the one passing judgment. Why the hell did Mikami think it necessary to Kill Takada? I didn't even think it was necessary for Light to kill her, but I understand he was being thorough.[/spoiler]

Has anyone seen the live action movies? Are they worth watching?

-Tonbo 100% Kira supporter.
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

Oh yeah,

and who the hell would authorize a nuclear weapon like the death note to be

[spoiler]traded for a freaking girl? Totally ridiculous. When the Japanese ambassador to Peru was taken hostage in 1996 they stormed those bastards. No negotiating with terrorists! That Mello jerk could have been aiming to kill every major world leader, but those fools gave it up without even knowing Mello's purpose.[/spoiler]
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

I find this rather interesting... Dunno if anyones seen it yet.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... death-note
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

lon3vvolf wrote:I find this rather interesting... Dunno if anyones seen it yet.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... death-note
Wow... messed up. It will be interesting to see what this guy's story is when they catch him.
I hope the news doesn't get picked up in the US lest the media find a new villain in anime for a little bit after they're done flogging video games and pro wrestling.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Pro-wrestling? Really?

Anyway, I don't think they'll go after anime while video games are still entertaining. It's just an easier debate for them, especially when Jack Thompson is still out there, breathing. Still, how weird that he would care to misspell a quote from Death Note.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

War Machine wrote: Still, how weird that he would care to misspell a quote from Death Note.
Its the pubic schooling system... it flailed.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Well of course it failed. Schools are more worried about trying to instill their "morales" into your children than they are about actually doing their jobs and teaching them factual knowledge. Or...maybe that's just where I come from. Jaded? Naaaah. :P
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

They're showing Deathnote on YTV so I decided to watch it, see what all of the fuss was about. I enjoy it, the animation is good and the story is an interesting sort of dark, but yet again I can see it turn into one of those odd fandoms like Witch Hunter Robin. It's a little bit about religion, especially the first expository in the first episode, but sometimes that can be wierd in a Japanese anime. For a generic anime it is good, but I'm a little tired of these Japanese schoolboys who have the best marks or these weak girls who aren't that smart that the boys have to save. Also, the fact that he'll be stuck in limbo forever i find very perturbing.

And the question must be asked, would you use the deathnote if you found it?
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I finished watching Death Note a while ago, but now I'm starting to hate the series. It started off very well, but half way through the story everyone became extremely paranoid about everything and none of their reasoning made any sense. And the more I think about the story, the more it annoys me. I would say it's undeserving of its success, but I always hate it when something average gets so much attention.

In response to your question: Call me a wimp, whatever, but if I were to acquire something like the death note, I would probably destroy it.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
The Herald
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Herald »

I would read it of course, being the curious nerd that I am, but then I'd do nothing. If I believed it, then I'd hand it off to some priest or spiritualist. If I didn't, thinking it was a chain mail thing, I'd probably throw it in the trash. I'd do nothing because I don't think that killing people is ever the answer. It's not for humans to dish out judgement, it's all the hand of fate.
Audentis Fortuna Juvet - Virgil
Tonbo
Mastered PM

Post by Tonbo »

The Herald wrote: And the question must be asked, would you use the deathnote if you found it?
Yes!
The dude was a hero, sacrificing eternal life to make the current one a little better.
Once I got started however, would power corrupt me too? I don't know. His personality changed quite a bit when he had access to the deathnote.

The most compelling argument against the death penalty is that we can't be absolutely certain that the man convicted is actually the man who committed the crime. What is the threshold for executing innocent men to rid ourselves of the guilty... 1 in 10? 1in 100? 1 in 1,000,000?
Hopefully with molecular forensic techniques we can be more confident in our convictions and push the death penalty to new heights of executionary efficiency.