GEARS OF WAR!!!

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Gaiseric wrote:The game is great, the song is lame. I prefer the song in the trailer.
"Mad World" only has one good line in the whole song. "I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad, the dreams in which I'm dieing are the best I ever had" The lyrics for the whole song are laughable bad. And just so you know, the lyrics in the ending song are just what Cole Train said during the game. They just added a beat to it and repeated it.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Gary Jules' cover of Mad World, the one used in the trailer and the movie Donnie Darko, has nothing on Tears for Fears' original song.

"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Well just got my 360 back. And can play anyone in madden or gears of war. Yall can see my gamertag in the Mindwerks Online Gamers thread.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

360's got x-box live free for a month, just sign up for silver....I've been pissing off -so- many fucking people. Apparently they get -really- pissed when you hide behind boxes, and chainsaw them in the back when they walk by.... I could do this for years.

http://live.xbox.com/member/Jihad Steve
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Chainsawing is bitch made. Epic is gonna be patching it. Its too cheap. Not that I really get caught with it.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Buzkashi wrote:Chainsawing is bitch made. Epic is gonna be patching it. Its too cheap. Not that I really get caught with it.
Don't hate the player.... I think chainsawing is fine, it's hard enough to use as it is. You need ninja skills to use it against better players.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

halfnhalf wrote:and to the nay-sayers about graphics doesnt make a game, the detail in GoW is just drool...
lol

So you're saying if Gears of War looked like a PS2 game it wouldn't be good?

It certainly adds to the game but it doesn't "make" the game.

I'm actually enjoying Geometry Wars more than Gears myself.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

FightClub wrote:
Buzkashi wrote:Chainsawing is bitch made. Epic is gonna be patching it. Its too cheap. Not that I really get caught with it.
Don't hate the player.... I think chainsawing is fine, it's hard enough to use as it is. You need ninja skills to use it against better players.

Nahh that why epic is patching it. If you have your chainsaw out and someone just happens to RUN by and is in the vicinity you automatically get a kill on them.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I only have Call of Duty 2 and GoW now because I let my cousin borrow Half-Life. I'm lonely
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Buzkashi wrote:
FightClub wrote:

Nahh that why epic is patching it. If you have your chainsaw out and someone just happens to RUN by and is in the vicinity you automatically get a kill on them.
Nah chainsawing requires skill, fag tagging is what is cheap, they need to patch that before they even touch chainsaws, you can tag a person from twenty feet away.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Im pretty sure tagging is being patched too. I really dont see how you need skill to hold on to the 'b' button though.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Buzkashi wrote:Im pretty sure tagging is being patched too. I really dont see how you need skill to hold on to the 'b' button though.
You get shot it fails, you play more competative matches it becomes very difficult to chainsaw people unless you catch them by surprise, curb stomping, or otherwise. Chainsawing is rough, tagging -- you can do while being shot, running, from 60 feet away, big difference.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

The chainsaw is broken, but it's not that bad.

You can hear it from a mile away for one and it has a pretty long start-up time.

And if you get hit while revving it, you're pretty much dead.

A friend of mine was telling me how he always died because he tried to chainsaw people a little too much.
dronedevil
notanewb

Post by dronedevil »

I was wondering when you say its hard do you mean ninja gaiden (xbox) hard or ghost & goblins hard ?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I dunno. Its happened numerous times to me and others I've played with. We're sprinting and around a corner someone will come with a chainsaw, we'll be within a small vicinity of them and run by then i will be getting killed while he is chainsawing the air 10 feet behind me.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi wrote:I dunno. Its happened numerous times to me and others I've played with. We're sprinting and around a corner someone will come with a chainsaw, we'll be within a small vicinity of them and run by then i will be getting killed while he is chainsawing the air 10 feet behind me.
Maybe you just suck?

I barely got chainsawed that one time I played on Live.

I did get sniped, arrowed and shotgunned in the face various times though.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

After playing Live, this game is beyond broken, like Noob/Smoke infinite kick broken.

So far people have been doing that whole super jump thing into shotty or chainsaw combo, well pretty much that is all they have been doing. Execution mode pretty much forces the game to be close combat, shows no love to the sniper.

Some rounds get super boring when the last two guys just shoot each other a bit and then dive running away to regain health, only to rinse and repeat for the next 6 minutes.

Co-op is truly the only way to enjoy this game.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Nah. The multiplayer is fun. I mean the campaign was just to easy.

Femto: Try me.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Buzkashi wrote:I dunno. Its happened numerous times to me and others I've played with. We're sprinting and around a corner someone will come with a chainsaw, we'll be within a small vicinity of them and run by then i will be getting killed while he is chainsawing the air 10 feet behind me.
Next time a guy comes at you with a chainsaw sit in one spot and shoot them with a pistol.
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

halfnhalf wrote:

Co-op is truly the only way to enjoy this game.
You still play this co-op, been looking for a partner to beat this game on. I want to try it with Dom. So I can unlock the achivements. I just got online like a week ago or some thing. To my surprise I'm doing pretty good.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea I need to beat it with dom then i got all the campaign achievements I think.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Food for thought, on higher difficulties you'll quickly realize that Dom dies a lot easier than Pheonix. So you'll probably want your better player using them, or you'll be restarting the level a lot.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Ill just beat it with dom on casual. It'll still give me the achievements.
FightClub

Post by FightClub »

Yeah it gives like two for dom, and all the ones you get for playing the game normally. The cog tags -- I didn't even bother with.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I got all the tags. That shits easy though.