GEARS OF WAR!!!

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Sandman
Dirty Sennin

GEARS OF WAR!!!

Post by Sandman »

This game is the shit, if you have an Xbox 360 and you havent played it yet you owe it to your self to get ahold of this game. AI is smart and tactical your group helps out with little command, and its hard very hard. This game will keep you on your toes and looking for cover every minute, I telling you, you go into a situation with guns blazing your not going to last long. Weapons are awesome, graphics are awesome (probably better with a HDTV, I have a WEGA 27" so it is not showing the games full potential) there is also a lot of swearing which make it true to life... I would guess. I have only made it to the first promotion but I bet its all up hill from here on!!!! one low point is the grenades are not your ussual granades and can be hard to toss :evil:

PS I know this should have went in the mini review but this game deserves its own thread :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

I want this game. I saw a TV ad where it showed a huge spider-type monster of Ninja Gaiden proportions and that's it, 'coz it's all blood, blood, blood from there on in! I've seen a few vids on GameSpot of the chainsaw in action. If you thought Doom was bad, wait till you see the blood splatter all over the screen after your enemies are reduced to chunks of flesh. This will be the game of the year.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Yes game of the year by far!!!!
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Awesome game! It looks amazing in 720p, far better than anything I have seen out of the PS3 launch. The controls and gameplay took me a while to get used to, I kept trying to play like I do in Halo and I got my ass handed to me everytime... But once I figured out how to play I had a blast. Only got to play for a couple hours and I want more. Worth buying a 360 for.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I am defenitly concidering it, buying a xbox360 that is, but I think there is going to be a price drop here in the near future... just a feeling dont quote me :)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, this game kicks ass. I've played it over at a friend's house. It does look amazing. That's because it's a game made a year after 360's launch. Of course PS3 games can't really compete right now. However, I do think it will win out later on in graphics. However, right now, Gears of War is where it's at. The game is so realistic, it brings a whole new level of challenge and interaction. What, with the power of the game and the system, and the A.I. and all, it's definitely an intense game.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Oh no I have found acouple of gliches: one, I got on top of a car once after tring to roll from cover, and two, the krill keep killing my buddy and making me start a section of the game over again which really sucks, since I am barrowing a friends 360 while he is traveling, and renting the game trying to beat it... my copy should be here soon... that is how good the game is I have a copy and not an Xbox360!!??!?!? o_O

PS none of these gliches are making me wish I didnt buy the game :twisted:
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

Yes the game looks awesome but....
I played this game first and then Call of Duty ( a little bit of both ) to be honest I liked a lot more COD3 than GOW , good game but the a little overrated .IMO
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

It all subjective but I have also played Call of Duty and I would have to say that GoW was a lot more to offer stoy wise and game play wise, plus in CoD3 you cant lock on to your cover and shoot around it without exposing your self. Also you have a better perspective in GoW... also it all matters what you like more FPS'ers or 3rd PS'ers.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Sandman wrote:it all matters what you like more FPS'ers or 3rd PS'ers.
GoW kinda has the best of both worlds. When you're running around it's 3rd person, so you're vision's not limited to what's just in front of you. When you take aim it zooms in to almost 1st person so you can be as accurate as you need. Also, I don't think GoW's overrated in the slightest IMO.

Has anyone played the multiplayer on Xbox Live yet? It's supposed to be something like Counter Strike or so I've heard.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

i only played 2 minutes of this game, had some giant monster dood chasing me on co-op had to dodge it, then a brithday girl came in and i stopped playing. However those 2 minutes i would have to say pretty much sold me on the game.

and to the nay-sayers about graphics doesnt make a game, the detail in GoW is just drool...
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I have just played two hours straight and like I thought this game just keeps on getting better and better... I could do with out the small puzzle here or there but thats just me... also killed my first corpser, not as fun as you would think but it was a pretty sweet video... Another thing I will critique is that they (game makers) a coulpe of times have tried to go for a cheap scary here and there, but that never hurt nobody :twisted: over all the game is still a 10 in my book :thumbsup:
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Not to get off topic too much, but on 360 price. The CEO is currently looking for ways to drop the price.
Dropped price or not I'm getting 360 and gears for christmas. D=
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

Haha same here :evil: .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Heck yeah that will be a good way to burn the PS3 for good, not saying that it hasnt done that by its self already, but which a much cheaper 360 sale will go through the roof... even more so since Halo 3 will be out soon... damn they probably will not drop the price until Halo 3 has been out for a while at least that is what I would do, because you know people who dont have a 360 but want to finish Halo will go out and buy it price drop or not :twisted:
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

holy shit....

past 2 and half hours was spent co-oping on my friends 50 inch hd tv... drool..

Fucking game is tight as hell. The reloading is a nice feature, people with quick reload skills gain the advantage, allows for a different way to play the game. dialogue is just plain hilarious, after reviving an injured friend, "get up and fight you pussy!"

controls take a while to get use too, only problem i can find so far with the game is that the AI is a bit stupid sometimes, however this is on casual, so hopefully its better on insane.

ITS COLE TRAIN TIME!
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Cole Train is played by the same guy that played Terry Tate officelinebacker in those reebok commericals. Thought that was cool.

My only fault with Gears of War is: bump maping,s look sloppy. The same thing happenned during cutscenes in Halo 2. Will this pain ever end!!
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Havent noticed the Bump map stuff but the story just keeps on giving I cant wait to see what happens I know its going to be a good one I can feel it :twisted:
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

Does anyone notice the xbox makes a louder hmmmmm when playing GOW?
Lots of people on x box forums are getting disc errors and clean disc problems. Some people have gotten 3 different gow disc all with the same error.
Dunno if I want x box now. D=
And xbox refuses to do anything bwhahaah ouch D=
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I experenced that problem but with a quick clean it played great... but anyway I beat the game, it was a good ending but for some reason It felt choppy too me :( but all in all good game... oh and it screams sequel very loudly... I alsothink that there will be a prequel but emergence day :twisted: that will rock to see what went down back then.
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

this game rules, beat it on all the difficulties, can't find the cogs for shit, but the only game xbox has released that has system link co-op worth fucking with. 10/10 on my list of 360 games.
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

my only problem right now was that the ending fucking sucked, but the ending credits song makes up for it.

NO worries no spoilers are in it.

Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Lame.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

you're just jealous of the mad skills of Terry Tate office linebacker.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

The game is great, the song is lame. I prefer the song in the trailer.