PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: PS3 Thread

Post by Femto »

God, it's been too long since I played Arkham Asylum and I've mostly forgotten all of this stuff.

For the freeflow combo you need a punch, a counter, a jump, a stun, a takedown, a boomerang, a grapple and a throw if I remember correctly.

As far the combat challenges well, just practice man.

They seem impossible at first but they're very doable.

Just do takedowns as soon as you get them and alternate between the big guys at the end so you can do combos on one another.

EDIT: This might help: http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/batman- ... lum/guide/
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, okay, I hadn't tried mixing in a few of those moves you mentioned for the perfect combo. I'll give that a try. As for the challenges, I guess I just need to keep at it, because that's pretty much what I'm doing already. I know I'm getting close, but I've been at it for about a week now, and was starting to get frustrated so I thought I'd ask, thanks for the help.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Yeah, the perfect free flow trophy is a bit difficult, I recommend you find a group of 5 or 7 normal enemies you can pummel, if you get too many they'll start getting in the way and if they're too few they all die before you finish your combo. The free flow combo consists of 9 moves:

-Punch
-Counter
-Stun
-Jump
-Grapple
-Batarang
-Takedown (instant knockout, do this right after throwing your batarangs and everyone is on the floor, otherwise they'll hit you while you try to do this one)
-Special Throw (once you pick up someone, throw him away from the other enemies so you don't kill any and keep the combo going a little longer)
-Special Takedown (this will knockout the enemy you use it on, so aim it at the weakest enemy or anyone with a weapon)

Shock and Awe (Extreme) requires you to do a lot of takedowns, use batarangs often and then a takedown on everyone as soon as they hit the floor. Don't go crazy on the takedowns on the first two rounds though, that's your only chance to rack up the majority of the needed points so you'll want to keep the enemies alive so you can keep a longer combo. By the time you get to the 3rd round you should have about 20,000 points already because the last rounds are gonna be takedown spam rounds with very few combos. You get a lot of points by varying your combos, so always try to do the 9 attacks during a combo for a boost in points during the first 2 rounds.

For Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme) I recommend you keep on eye out for anyone that heads toward a wall (to grab a gun or a TV) and aim your attacks at them, a quick batarang is usually the easiest solution. Jump over all the enemies until you can get a clear shot at them without interrupting your combo. When the beefed up guys appear, they should be your priority.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sweet, thanks for all the advice. I just beat Shock and Awe, finally! I also beat Rumble in the Jungle (Extreme), yes! That just leaves Sewer Bat (Extreme), I know I'm getting close! And Shock and Awe (Extreme). Thanks again for the tips, I feel like I'm well armed to finish this sucker off now. Now knowing the specifics of how to get the perfect freeflow combo trophy, I should be able to get that with a little practice. Once I finish off Batman, I'll be able to return it, and focus on getting the rest of my UC2 trophies. So what games are you guys looking forward to playing soon? I still want to play Darksiders and Bayonetta. Plus FFXIII, God of War III, Dante's Inferno, and Bioshock 2 are all coming out soon. So many great games to play!
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I'll skip Krato's Inferno out of principle, but Bioshock 2 is getting my money for sure.

I've been playing Borderlands recently and it's really cool, the game is basically Fallout 3 with an immense variety of weapons and 4 player co-op, minus the interaction with NPCs and only a so-so story. There's 4 classes of characters to choose from and the weapons you find are all practically unique cause the game randomizes the weapon' stats, so there's always something to look around for.

I pretty much finished the game with my cousin, but if anyone wants to play online, I'm willing to start another character just for that. I was kinda left wanting to try out the other classes anyway.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I finally got my plat for Batman, w00t!

Yeah, Dante's Inferno is basically a GoW clone, but I really enjoy that style of game-play, and I've always been interested in the story of "Dante's Inferno" and the concept of Christian mythology. Warmachine, You are going to play GoW III at least, right?

Yeah, I rented Borderlands for about a week and a friend and I played through it. I didn't think I'd like it at first, as I generally don't like FPS games, but ended up enjoying it quite a bit. I guess if it's got a good story or a scifi theme or something like that, then I can get into an FPS. I just don't really care for the war games and such. It is pretty cool how it seems like you can find a better weapon around every turn. I liked the shield / force fields you could get too. I played the hunter, and I thought Bloodwing was pretty awesome. At the end of my game that thing did so much damage. To me it didn't really remind me of Fallout 3 very much, but I guess I can see the connection. I still like Fallout 3 a lot more though.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

War Machine wrote:I'll skip Krato's Inferno out of principle, but Bioshock 2 is getting my money for sure.

I've been playing Borderlands recently and it's really cool, the game is basically Fallout 3 with an immense variety of weapons and 4 player co-op, minus the interaction with NPCs and only a so-so story. There's 4 classes of characters to choose from and the weapons you find are all practically unique cause the game randomizes the weapon' stats, so there's always something to look around for.

I pretty much finished the game with my cousin, but if anyone wants to play online, I'm willing to start another character just for that. I was kinda left wanting to try out the other classes anyway.
While the concept of Borderlands sounded really cool, I fucking hate that each class only has 1 active skill, and you have 3 "talent" trees but all of them are complete crap and you're just choosing between the lesser of 3 evils when you skill into them. Even Mass Effect 2 has more skills than that...
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

They have moderate gains, sure, but keep in mind how powerful you become even with those small upgrades. I'd hate it if Borderlands copied Fallout 3 in that regard because it would mean everyone would be heavily overpowered. By mid-game I was already beating Behemoths in Fallout with my fists alone (Paralyzing Palm perk pretty much does all the work).

I don't know what your complaint about the skill tree is, though. There's a total of 21 talents per class, that's a total of 84 talents with 5 levels of effectiveness each. Also keep in mind you only have so many points to spend, so aside from the weapons, each person is gonna have a very different character even if they choose the same class.
Starnum wrote:Warmachine, You are going to play GoW III at least, right?
I'll get the collector's edition even if it kills me.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

So I've been playing "Dante's Inferno" a lot. Sure the game-play is very much like God of War, but other than that, it's a pretty awesome game on its own. The way it portrays Hell is true to the depiction in the book, and it is indeed truly hellish. I will say, they don't hold back in their portrayal of Hell. There are big slow gluttons that will try to eat you, and if you try to hide behind them and attack, they'll squat down and shit all over you. Unholy excrement is not only damaging, but otherwise unpleasant. There are also lust demons, who look like demonic slave girls, who will try to assault you with their couchy tentacles. Need I go on, for I surely could. You must transverse through all 9 circles of Hell. You will encounter such scenery as marshes of shit in which the gluttonous are mired. Meanwhile, the greedy suffer in molten pools of gold, and the murderers drown in the river of blood, the Phlegethon. I just love how they included just about everything you could think of, especially all the references from the book, from the shores of Acheron to the pits of the Malebolge. The game-play may be too similar to God of War, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It could be more original with its game-play features, but it's still a great way to explore the caverns and trenches of Hell. So I would have to say, it's not a perfect game, as it's lacking in some originality, but otherwise it's a very well made dark and twisted adventure. It's not quite of epic status, as I also felt they could have done a bit more with the graphics, which are otherwise par for the course for today's standards, but I'll still call it classic none-the-less.

With that said, I can't wait to see the sure to be eye-poping graphics in the new God of War game, and also any new innovative game-play features I imagine there'll be. Still, the depiction of Hell in Dante's Inferno is classic, and it's fully realized and brought to life in this game, and I've got to give them credit for that.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Fuck... I just wrote a pretty long review of Bioshock 2 and lost it all when I clicked Submit and the browser lost connection to the server. Goddamn it.

Let me summarize it like this then: Gameplay-wise, it's vastly more enjoyable. Story-wise, very intricate and well tied to the original story, probably slightly better than the original because of it. If you liked Bioshock, you're gonna love Bioshock 2, that's a guarantee.

Thanks for the insight on Dante's Inferno, it seems a lot better than I expected. I'll definitely check it out when my uncle lets me borrow it.

Did anyone else try out the Heavy Rain demo? I'm a lot more excited about that game now.
arke
Beware my tactical spam

Post by arke »

War Machine wrote:Fuck... I just wrote a pretty long review of Bioshock 2 and lost it all when I clicked Submit and the browser lost connection to the server. Goddamn it.
I think you can go back and the browser will still have the content. Alternatively, in Firefox and IE you can retry the connection. Both should complain about POST content and having to resubmit, blah blah blah. If you can independently check the post status and see it's not there then go ahead and resubmit.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

War Machine wrote:Fuck... I just wrote a pretty long review of Bioshock 2 and lost it all when I clicked Submit and the browser lost connection to the server. Goddamn it.
Damn, that sucks. Like Arke said though, you can usually go back and the content will still be in the window. When I have trouble like that, I always go back just to check and see if the text is still there.
War Machine wrote:Let me summarize it like this then: Gameplay-wise, it's vastly more enjoyable. Story-wise, very intricate and well tied to the original story, probably slightly better than the original because of it. If you liked Bioshock, you're gonna love Bioshock 2, that's a guarantee.
Yes, I've been playing this as well, and I agree. Indeed I'm loving it so far.
War Machine wrote:Thanks for the insight on Dante's Inferno, it seems a lot better than I expected. I'll definitely check it out when my uncle lets me borrow it.
I hope you enjoy "Dante's Inferno" even half as much as I did. It's all about the atmosphere in this game. The combat system isn't bad either, just what you'd expect for a game inspired by GoW. There are two different upgrade trees you can focus on, and you unlock further branches by either punishing or absolving the damned. Punishing gives you unholy experience and absolving gives you holy, which the two upgrade trees are based on. The unholy tree is mainly scythe attacks, and the holy is for your magic. I'm expecting GoWIII to raise the bar here, but for what it's worth, I found Dante's Inferno to be a very well-rounded and enjoyable game.
War Machine wrote:Did anyone else try out the Heavy Rain demo? I'm a lot more excited about that game now.
About to install the demo now. I've been wanting to see more about what this game is going to be like, so now's my chance. If this demo makes a good impression, I'll be sure to add it to my list.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

arke wrote:I think you can go back and the browser will still have the content. Alternatively, in Firefox and IE you can retry the connection. Both should complain about POST content and having to resubmit, blah blah blah. If you can independently check the post status and see it's not there then go ahead and resubmit.
Yeah, I've use that before, but it said the same thing when I pressed back, and then it was lost when the message window finally came up again, empty. I sometimes temporarily copy long posts just in case something like this happens, but I forgot this time.

Anyway, some cool things I noticed in the Heavy Rain demo: The fight was a lot of fun, it reminded me of how good games do quick time events (Shenmue comes to mind); it pays to look around, when talking to the woman in the apartment you can walk up to the mirror next to her bed and pick up her son's picture to elicit another response from her; walking up a muddy hill is pretty hard.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Okay, that was pretty damn cool. Those were some pretty amazing graphics, and I think I'm really going to enjoy this game-play. I love completing button prompts. Dang, I tried to investigate the picture, but I didn't get a prompt, I guess I didn't get close enough. I did pull the current back at the window though. This seems like it's going to be a really fun game, I can't wait to see how it plays out. Climbing that hill was more fun than it should've been, heh. Looking forward to seeing how detailed they get with the responses and consequences of your various actions.

Oh, I'm also really digging the whole mystery solving theme, and the crime scene investigation features. I enjoyed this aspect in Batman and Condemned 2 as well, and have been wanting to see more of it. I'm a fan of Sherlock Holmes and the whole mystery genre anyway, so I'm gonna be eating this up. ;P

*edit*

Now that I'm going through my second play-through of Dante's Inferno, so I can find all the relics and collectibles, I'm seeing even more stuff I missed before. I love how the imprisoned souls in the walls will talk to you, and say things based on what circle of Hell you're in, while you're climbing on them. One person even told me to stop grabbing their throat, and another told me to get my filthy hands off him, lol.

Oh, and be sure to talk to Vergil each time until he disappears, and he'll even give you relics! I didn't even realize I could talk to him mulitple times until I got down to like the 8th circle. :?
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

so i just go a ps3. bought heavy rain with it, it was pretty cool (kind of like indigo prophecy w/o getting really weird at the end)

next on my list is disgea 3 (i love the other games)

the question is does ps3 offer anything else that my 360 has not?
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Exclusive RPGs:

Demon's Souls
Folklore
Last Rebellion
Valkyria Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles

Other exclusives that you might like:

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Infamous
Killzone 2
LittleBigPlanet
MAG
Yakuza 3
Siren: Blood Curse
Heavenly Sword
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty
Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resistance 2

Upcoming exclusives:

God of War III
Gran Turismo 5
ModNation Racers
Agent
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Yakuza 4

Ok, that's all I can think of, add in all multi platform games as well.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I had totally written of God of War III, even after playing the demo.

The I watched the Gametrailers episode and I was blown away.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Femto wrote:I had totally written of God of War III, even after playing the demo.

The I watched the Gametrailers episode and I was blown away.
Shame! GoWIII has epic written all over it.

I haven't been able to squeeze in that much gaming time, but Heavy Rain is pretty awesome so far.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Yeah, but combat in God of War is pretty shallow.

At least the first one was.

Never bothered with the second.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Played the demo for GoW III this morning. It felt weird to be playing Kratos again after playing a lot of these other GoW type games lately, especially while trying to get used to his combos again. It didn't take long before I was owning the chimera though. I'm really looking forward to playing the full game when it comes out, and seeing what new innovations it will bring to the genre.

Meanwhile, the PSN is down, and because of that some games can't even be played, because they can't register the trophy data or whatever. This is kind of bull, I can't even play Darksiders right now. They need to make it so we can play games offline whether there's server issues or not. I think it's ridiculous that they make these games inaccessible over internet issues. Just like a few months back I couldn't play some PSP demos I wanted to try because I didn't have the latests firmware, and I couldn't connect to the internet with my PSP. I should be able to play a game offline regardless of internet status dangit! >.>
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I think it was more than simply the servers being down because the official us playstation site had nothing but this weird message:

"get flash and/or enable javascript and stop wasting my time."

Also the PS3s had their internal clocks changed, so it was either a big fuck up or a very prolific hacker. I'm leaning towards fuck up.
lon3vvolf
n00b Smasher

Post by lon3vvolf »

So I decided to make a video about this 8001050F epidemic of 2010:

PS. RAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Booomer!
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Holy shit @ the video! :lol:
papasith
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by papasith »

rburn is hilarious