PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:I dont care cause no matter how many times nintendo and xbox fan boys fortales the doom of PS3, i know sony will give me the games and a consol that will fine.

Let the jelous fanboys say how much bull they want.

"ooooooh the prize oooo" :P
I think it's hilarious to see someone like you talking about fanboys.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I didnt say i wasnt one ;)

Atleast i dont go and say Wii SUCKS.......
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:I didnt say i wasnt one ;)

Atleast i dont go and say Wii SUCKS.......
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=IH2w2l1JTs4[/youtube]

lol Sony
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

lol
"...like...real time weapon change..."
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

That was the longest ad I think I ever watched.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Sony is a fucking joke these days.

Kinda like MS with the first X-Box.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I suppose but I still get what I want. And I am the only thing important.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Hm, so I spoke with my friend who works at GameStop and owns a PS3, about this issue with the bogus backwards compatibility with some PS2 games. Apparently, if you're running some PS2 games through an HDMI cable, the pixels will be enlarged. Anyway, he showed me something that made me feel a little better, which is that you can just run those games through your normal component cables, or AV cables, and it should play fine. I'm glad to see that at least the PS3 really is a HQ DVD player this time, sounds great. Some of Sony's choices do bother me at times though. *shrugs*
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

Out of the last generation of consoles, the PS2 was my favourite by far (I owned all three, and I had the most fun and the most games on my PS2). I'm still going to buy a PS3 for the exclusives, but I'm pissed off at all of Sony's unfulfilled promises.

Sony: "The next generation doesn't start until we say it does."

Yeah right. From what I've seen, the Xbox 360 is more powerful and is capable of better graphics (particularly in the texturing capabilities. PS3 has noticeably lower resolution textures). PS3's controller is more gimmicky than the Wii controller turned out to be (Tilt sensor? Badly designed analog shoulder triggers?). It plays games at 720p and mostly at 30fps (remember Sony saying that games would run in 1080p and at 120fps? Yeah, that was ridiculous).

Now, I think the games will still be awesome, and will warrant a purchase of the system anyway, don't get me wrong there. I'm just pissed off with Sony for making so many promises and then failing to deliver, I'm not angry with the console itself or the games.

I only bought my Xbox 360 because I couldn't wait another year to play these next gen titles, but it turns out that I've already had what will most likely be the best of the next gen consoles for a year now. When I think about it like that, it puts a downer on this whole next-gen thing, because the PC that I bought over four months before my Xbox 360 already matched (and in most cases, beats) it in terms of graphical quality and performance. With all of Sony's grand promises, I was expecting this generation to blow me away. So far only one game has done that, Gears of War.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Starnum wrote:Apparently, if you're running some PS2 games through an HDMI cable, the pixels will be enlarged. Anyway, he showed me something that made me feel a little better, which is that you can just run those games through your normal component cables, or AV cables, and it should play fine.
I played through onimusha 2 and .Hack on my PS3 without noticing those problems until people started posting about them. doesn't seem to noticeable unless you play it on ps2 then ps3.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

source

To add to Sony's problems with the PS3 launch, it now appears that some Playstation 3 owners are trying to trade their PS3s for Wiis.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

EnglishJim wrote:The PS3 won't have that many great games for a while, but lined up for next year there's Final Fantasy XIII, Grand Theft Auto IV, Resident Evil 5 and the list gets better and better.

Oh, and are the PS3 versions going to be that much better than the X360 ones?
Yea, PS3 dont have many games atm, not to mention its expensive. However, once the titles start rolling out and people see the true power the PS3 wields and what its capable of people will flock to it. Its a shame they didnt have any smash hits for the release but given the depths of graphics this machine is capable of im not suprised.

Sony felt the pressure of Microsofts 360 and buckled under the pressure. It forced them to push ahead their release date, resulting in bugs/unfinshed games(no good release titles). Im sure there was much more behind their reasons but maybe they should have postponed another year(which would have made them yet another year behind microsoft-huge in marketing)to go for quality/price drop/big release titles. This takes away some of Sony's respect and disappointed a large number of buyers/fans not to mention their sellers.

Everyone was stunned when Microsoft anounced the 360 in 2005. Not only that but Microsoft offered a devastating machine for a reliable price(450$). Not only where the buyers ready but the competitors were barley at their halfway points! Bills passion to dominate the market is huge and this is a prime example. He knows how to buy people/companies(hes got the $$$) and he does it well. Hes also smart enough to hire intelligence in marketing. Hes got deals with developers who used to be Sony contracted!

Final fantasy is breaking its sony ony contrat for $$$ and the like. Hes got Japanese devolpers out the gung ho now making the 360 prime for the japanese market as well!!! I dont know how Sony can compete....their working on improving their system while microsoft is probably already in the works of a much greater console. This guy knows how to invest his doe.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

Sry for the double post but found this ps3 vs. wii commercial.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

That's been posted before. Both girls are ugly, good game america.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

PS3 games aren't going to look much better than 360 ones because developers don't know what to do with the ridiculously complicated hardware and Sony is not being helpful. They're basically saying "here, figure it out."

Multiplatform titles will look near identical and exclusives (of which they'll be fewer due to rising development costs) won't be that much different.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

My local Best Buy has 30-40 PS3 60gig systems and they aren't selling. They even made a pyramid of them right up by the door so people know that they are in stock.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

Yea whos gonna buy an 800$ system thats getting horrible reviews and has no games....
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

ZoddsNo1Fan wrote:Yea whos gonna buy an 800$ system thats getting horrible reviews and has no games....
Me, but it was $600 so I guess you aren't talking about me.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Yeah, they are $599 dude.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

lol PS3
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

I was hype about the PS3, was planning on getting one, but after all this talk on the PS3 being a bomb thus far i think i will wait for the games to start rolling out. I have another question while im at it....and one ive been stressing over for a long time. Why is it that the consoles have usb ports but dont let you use mouse and keyboard? At least make a system propreitary keyboard and mouse and the people will come(and i will be one of them omg).

Yes the joystick/controller works well for some game types but isnt as effective as if you were using a mouse. The mouse has precision unmatched by the flakey joystick of a controller. True you would need a controller to play fighter games and some others but to have the key/mouse as accessories would be very good. Not to mention the huge variety the keyboard layout has for customization. Mark my words, some day one of the console developers or some company will design the system to be used with a proprietery keyboard and mouse or controller. When they do they will be loved(im just amazed that one of them hasnt done it yet....this is one of the major reason as to why i play strictly PC.)
Last edited by ZoddsNo1Fan on Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

ZoddsNo1Fan wrote:I was hype about the PS3, was planning on getting one, but after all this talk on the PS3 being a bomb thus far i think i will wait for the games to start rolling out.
Good for you?
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

Well i was just saying, why would i buy it with all this bad talk about PS3?
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

ZoddsNo1Fan wrote:Mark my words, some day one of the console developers or some company will design the system to be used with a proprietery keyboard and mouse or controller.
Sega Motherfuckin Dreamcast.

They had a keyboard and mouse for games like Quake III, Phantasy Star Online, and Typing of the Dead.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Doesn't the PS3 allow the use of a mouse? Oh well.