PS3 Thread

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

(I can't wait to see the flamez your VF comment is going to ignite.)

I honestly don't give a fuck about any DMC game that is not 3, so... was Mikami directly involved in the development of said game? If not, color me unimpressed.

I do like the thought of Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction though. I never played the second game in the series or that Deadlocked thing, but I'll be damned if I don't love the first and third games despite myself.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

People think VF series suck because they can't button mash on there and whoop up on people. Yeah it's not as flashy as other fighting series or as over the top, but in terms of balance and skill necessary to play the game it kills all other 3-D fighters out there. And it does this with 1 punch button, 1 kick button, and a block button.

Soul Calibur III for home consoles is laughable. Soul Calibur III Arcade Edition is pretty well balance, but I'm sure not many people on this board have played it.

Now the people who actually love the series won't have to shell out $600 to play it.

DMC4 and MGS4 will get ported over. Just watch.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I still think Soul Calibur is the best Soul game. Yes better then Soul Blade!

flOw came out today. I'm to lazy to put money on my PSN store account though.
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

Malvado wrote:No, all 360 games have to be live aware(downloads, leaderboards). N3, Dead Rising, etc all don't have online play.
But that's not what I said.
MadDogMike wrote:The 360 version must have online play. It's a requirement of all 360 games that if they have multiplayer at all, they must also allow for multiplayer over Xbox Live.
Every game that has multiplayer is required to be playable over Xbox Live. If a game is single-player only, then they're only required to be Live aware.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

MadDogMike wrote:
MadDogMike wrote:The 360 version must have online play. It's a requirement of all 360 games that if they have multiplayer at all, they must also allow for multiplayer over Xbox Live.
Every game that has multiplayer is required to be playable over Xbox Live. If a game is single-player only, then they're only required to be Live aware.
Lego star Wars and Guitar Hero 2 are both multi-player and don't have xbox live multi-player.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I don't know what the fuck is going on here but VF is so ridiculously complicated and it takes so fucking long to get decent at it that it just completely takes the "fun" out of playing that game.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Malvado wrote:I still think Soul Calibur is the best Soul game. Yes better then Soul Blade!

flOw came out today. I'm to lazy to put money on my PSN store account though.

I havent played Soul Calibur 3 yet but SC1 and 2 are the best fighting games ever imo!

So much fun and it wasnt for button smashers only like most fighting games.
MadDogMike
Mastered PM

Post by MadDogMike »

Malvado wrote:
MadDogMike wrote:
Lego star Wars and Guitar Hero 2 are both multi-player and don't have xbox live multi-player.
Ok, you got me with those two games, but I recall that originally it was said that they required all multiplayer games to be playable over Xbox Live. I guess they changed their minds somewhere down the track, or they allow it under special circumstances.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Anyone here have PS3 and playing some good games?

Is Resistance good story mode?
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I only have Resistance. RR7 seems good if you like RR but I still don't understand it.

Resistance is the shit though, yes good story too. Too Scary and diffucult(Pariah like health system) for me to finish anytime soon. I hear great things about multi-player like no lag but I don't have a working headset(USB or Bluetooth) so I don't want to play and not be able to talk to people. Resistance is a great game with unique and cool weapons just sad that it had to come out around the time of Gears. Otherwise it wouldn't get any flank for its perfect gameplay and superior story.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Screw Gears, i only care about games that are coming out to my console.

Online mode in Resistance is getting reviews so its good to hear its good offline too.

Which is great news to me cause i want some good online fps.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Has anybody tried out Elder Scrolls IV yet?
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

There was a large topic about it here.

Of course, that was closer to the release date of the game and it hasn't been replied in in quite a while.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

resistance is fun, online mode is just ZOMG MAYHEM!!!!

honestly the guns in resistance are just too fucking cool brakes on a rocket, then turn it 90 degrees to find the target.

If you havent, check out warhawk and littlebigplanet videos, they look pretty sick.

but honestly, PS3 is not worth the money right now, unless you have a home theather and want to watch hd movies at 1080p.... but other than that seems pointless to have at this moment in time.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah PS3 isnt worth its prize right now cause Resistance,Motorstorm arent exactly games that makes you buy uber expensive consol.

Nobody hails them to sky like the best of the best plus they arent my kind of games. I do like good online and a nice FPS but not for that prize and not worth waiting a year for the really good games.

Still somehow every copy of PS3 in sweden was sold out before it even got here couple of days ago. Good for Sony that 15 000 solds out so fast but how blindly loyal can you be?
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Libaax wrote: Still somehow every copy of PS3 in sweden was sold out before it even got here couple of days ago. Good for Sony that 15 000 solds out so fast but how blindly loyal can you be?
maybe they have more money then you? Just a guess.

edit: I also picked up Motorstorm today. Would have gotten Lost Planet but no collector's editions were in stock. Got the VS action figure for free though.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Yeah, the first dozen or so units that were shipped to stores in the US sold out right away too. But now you can walk into any store and pick one up off the shelf.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

LordMune wrote:(I can't wait to see the flamez your VF comment is going to ignite.)

I honestly don't give a fuck about any DMC game that is not 3, so... was Mikami directly involved in the development of said game? If not, color me unimpressed.

I do like the thought of Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction though. I never played the second game in the series or that Deadlocked thing, but I'll be damned if I don't love the first and third games despite myself.
Got one right so far. Dmc is coming for xbox.
Hopefully metal gear will too.
Thanks sony for making a shitty product so that Xbox fans can enjoy good games that used to be played on PS2 on the xbox 360. :)
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Gaiseric wrote:Yeah, the first dozen or so units that were shipped to stores in the US sold out right away too. But now you can walk into any store and pick one up off the shelf.
Still even i am suprised that people are getting thier PS3s from the start cause not everyone is in it for the launch games which are not half as good as PS2 launch.

First they nag about the prize tag for months and months and then they pay the max prize.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Libaax wrote:
Still even i am suprised that people are getting thier PS3s from the start cause not everyone is in it for the launch games which are not half as good as PS2 launch.
What games were out during the PAL PS2 launch. The US launch games were straight trash besides SSX (maybe AC2 if you love it like me).
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I heard Sony gave away free 46'' Bravia TVs with the purchase of a PS3. If that's true I would have paid $600 too.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

DarkenRahlX wrote:I heard Sony gave away free 46'' Bravia TVs with the purchase of a PS3. If that's true I would have paid $600 too.
I believe it was for the first 100 people or so in the UK. That is what my bro in London said any who.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I bet that was a nice surprise for them.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Malvado wrote:
Libaax wrote:
What games were out during the PAL PS2 launch. The US launch games were straight trash besides SSX (maybe AC2 if you love it like me).

I was thinking about euro launch since i cant know what launch games there was in US,japan.

By the time we got PS2 over here there were some great games out.

You have PS3, did you buy it cause Motorstorm or just cause you wanted PS3 early?
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

They buy it for the console, not necessarily for the launch games. PS2's launch games was ALOT crappier , and you know it too. Because we HAD to buy Shadow of Memories to play a frigging game if you recall. Nothing else was there.

Yes PS3 is expensive, but it doesnt matter for those who bought it. And saying its expensive is valid, but not that its crap launch games. Generally they arent many good ones, but Motorstorm and Resistance are pretty unusually excellent launch games. Wether its MS, Nintendo or Sony consoles, the launch games are almost allways quite weak. But not for PS3 atleast for these two games. It could have been much worse.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter