High Quality

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

Kenshink
imanewbie

High Quality

Post by Kenshink »

Is there any big difference in the image quality from normal Eg scans and the high quality band of the hawk ones.. I thought the EG scans were pretty high quality already, but the volumes from Band of the hawk are like 300+mb, does anyone have a screenshot to compare?

And also, I got all of my berserk from Neverwhere, but how come some of the chapters ( the one where Faraneze is reminiscing with Serpico) are lower quality, with a different type font, is there somewhere I can get them with the same quality as the rest?
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Mabye they just decided to do them in less quality , dont think about the past Look forward to the FUTURE!!! :wink:
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Re: High Quality

Post by halfnhalf »

Kenshink wrote:Is there any big difference in the image quality from normal Eg scans and the high quality band of the hawk ones.. I thought the EG scans were pretty high quality already, but the volumes from Band of the hawk are like 300+mb, does anyone have a screenshot to compare?

And also, I got all of my berserk from Neverwhere, but how come some of the chapters ( the one where Faraneze is reminiscing with Serpico) are lower quality, with a different type font, is there somewhere I can get them with the same quality as the rest?
There is really no difference in the hawk scans. Most are just tiff files, so its for the people that either want thm and big files, or just change them back to small jpegs. If you wan the same quality, just buy the manga books. You wouldnt have to worry about which quality is better.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, the Hawks tend to put out scans that are really big and pretty, but ours are still damn good too. Our translations are a lot better too. By the way, her name is spelled Farnese, not Faraneze.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Starnum wrote:Yeah, the Hawks tend to put out scans that are really big and pretty, but ours are still damn good too. Our translations are a lot better too. By the way, her name is spelled Farnese, not Faraneze.
It doesnt matter how the name is spelled, as long as we know who we are talking about its fine.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

If you want to be wrong I guess. I'm not going to harp on someone if they persist to write something a certain way. I'm just trying to help, and perform QA.

I've all ready explained this damn it!
Griffiss
imanewbie

Post by Griffiss »

Starnum wrote:If you want to be wrong I guess. I'm not going to harp on someone if they persist to write something a certain way. I'm just trying to help, and perform QA.

Of course he's spelling it wrong. He's not using kanji.
Maybe that means I need a link to the original explanation, if it still exists.
Deserve victory.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Griffiss wrote:
Starnum wrote:If you want to be wrong I guess. I'm not going to harp on someone if they persist to write something a certain way. I'm just trying to help, and perform QA.

What Grifiss is saying is true. It's kinda weird to talk about the correct spelling of a romanized japanese word, considering that the alphabet and the pronunciation of words in America and in Japan are completely different. But I know why you do it Starnum, so it doesn't really bother me.
Evanidus
"Natural" Genius

Post by Evanidus »

IMO too, how those are spelled is indeed not important.

However, I do agree that consistency (once a spelling is chosen, stick with it) for at least the releases of a same group, is important though ;)

But well, no one will die from it.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Le *sigh*.

Okay, I'm just going to leave it alone then. ;)
dos.azn
the_Gook_of_EG

Post by dos.azn »

*nods
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Femto wrote:
Griffiss wrote:

What Grifiss is saying is true. It's kinda weird to talk about the correct spelling of a romanized japanese word, considering that the alphabet and the pronunciation of words in America and in Japan are completely different. But I know why you do it Starnum, so it doesn't really bother me.
Actually, they aren't Japanese names, so they aren't in Kanji in the first place. Miura is either making up names or using old European names, so they are spelled in Katakana. They use katakana for foreign words. There is a standard romanized way of translating words in katakana, but spelling english words in romanized katakana is stupid, like gurifuisu. We know hes saying Griffith, so just say Griffith. Of course, it is more difficult with names that we aren't familiar with, in that case we should either stick with the romanized name, or find one that we can all agree on and stick with it.
Exizil
notanewb

Post by Exizil »

I agree. Consistancy is the most important thing.

And as for Katakana and such, sometimes the Japanese don't sound out the english right and the when they try to but it back into english (because the Japanese are obsessed with english) They fuck up. Go engrish! http://www.engrish.com
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yeah, those are some good points guys. I'll try not to worry about it anyway though.
Lucky-7
imanewbie

Post by Lucky-7 »

volume scans are always better looking than mag ones, but for berserk I think the grainyness of the mag scans actually fit the medieval theme very well.