What is the sound of a giant bloated vagina?

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Ayanami wrote:Oh and by the way, Xenogears is a shit game as well. Great story, shit game.
Word. Not worse than FFVII, but few games are.

Maybe FFXII.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

I don´t think VII was that bad, the most fucking boring part of the game IMO is when you have no means of transportation what so ever and you have to walk entire continents on foot with a random encounter every 15 seconds.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

FightClub wrote: If only I could murder people over the internet *sneers*

Bah, just go watch Advent Children naked on your couch with the lights down low, clutching your replica Buster Sword. I'm sure you'll feel better after that.
ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Tempest wrote:
Bah, just go watch Advent Children naked on your couch with the lights down low, clutching your replica Buster Sword. I'm sure you'll feel better after that.
I would. I can't believe some of you watched that movie for the story. It's like watching kung fu movies for the story, makes no sense.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Advent Children Rocked Ass... Final Fantasy VII rocked ass (in its day), FFX wasnt even that bad... granted none of them were as good as FFII and FFIII for the SNES but back then they didnt worry if it looked good they just focused on the story... so FF is going down hill, you could say the only way is up :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I could never like two. maybe it was Rosa always getting kidnapped, or Kain always betraying me, could been Cecil always letting Kain's betraying ass back in the group. yeah it was Rosa. How can Cid(favorite character in that game) have such a shitty daughter?

And X sucked ass.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

It wasnt great loved some of the characters like guy that carried the big bottle of Sake and big sword he reminded me of Kenshin's teacher, and the Blue beast dude he was pretty cool (seeing how I cant remeber their names I guess they werent that good)... II was my everest I could always get to the end but never beat the last boss I had to have my cousin do it :roll: I liked that Cecil changed from the black knight to a Palidin I cant say I have seen that in any other RPG.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Sandman wrote:Advent Children Rocked Ass...
Wait... the expulsion of fecal matter qualifies as "rocking" now?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Only if its fecal matter all over your face Mune :shock:

But how can you say that FFAC didnt rock I mean come on any anime/CG Movie where Sephiroth gets pwned is awesome :twisted: (thats for you Starnum) :lol:
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Sandman wrote:But how can you say that FFAC didnt rock I mean come on any anime/CG Movie where Sephiroth gets pwned is awesome :twisted: (thats for you Starnum) :lol:
I thought the story was retarded, but it's worth watching for the eye candy.

That's about the whole reason people watched it, not because of the story, but the whole thing was beautifully made. It's eye candy alright, and people watched it for that. Even the haters. They know it's retarded, but their curiosity got the better of them.

Yeah, I didn't buy it though, only rented it out. One viewing is enough. There were some extras like 'the making of', but it's not really that great of a movie that I care to know. Now, I loved FFVII, played and finished it 3 times. But it doesn't make it into 'best game of all time' for me, Chrono Trigger is. It hasn't attained Chrono Trigger status.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

True, Chrono Trigger is amazing. I'd love a worthy 3rd gen Chrono title, but I doubt it :(
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

ddem1 wrote:True, Chrono Trigger is amazing. I'd love a worthy 3rd gen Chrono title, but I doubt it :(
To much work, developers can't be bothered to make a game that complex anymore when they have shit like... kingdom hearts that sells like hot cakes. If the lowest common denominator makes them more money than other 'better' titles (at least imo), then you sure won't see them making good/great games when mediocre will make them lots of money.

Think Hollywood.

This isn't to dis the technology nor the dev's time and energy, just the story in general. Make a good story, and I'm happy. I don't need fancy HDR lighting or butt-thumping sound effects and orchestrated music.
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

Word!

But we can hope. Gimme a new good Chrono Square :whip: :P

Just like I'm hoping Hollywood doesn't actually go with their plan to film their version of Oldboy. :roll: :evil:
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Well the story wasnt that bad but I could have been a lot better like a background on the three brothers.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Sandman wrote:But how can you say that FFAC didnt rock I mean come on any anime/CG Movie where Sephiroth gets pwned is awesome :twisted: (thats for you Starnum) :lol:
I blame it all on Kadaj being a weak vessel. Sephiroth didn't even get to transform. I was definitely disappointed by the end of that fight. Meh, I don't think Cloud could take Sephiroth by himself. He needs two other powerful people with him. :P

As for the movie as a whole, the plot was pretty shallow, which was a big disappointment. I mean, you can wade through that shit and not get your socks wet. It really was only good for eye candy. Too bad it couldn't have been better. *shrugs*
reiketsu
imanewbie

Post by reiketsu »

They had the fans, they had a good plot, they had a neat good-looking main character with a kicking ass evil guy. Sad the writers were too busy having fun with Tifa's pictures to care about to develop the story to gets it's full potential. Once again the money spoken too loud.

I loves the animation, the fighting scenes. The game was very good - c'mon, for that time it was good, now with the saturation of such way to tell stories, it's nothing thrilling anymore.... - and it did sell a lot. Making Cloud into something like a Square Enix's pet ( like chocobos and such).

I haven't played any western version for FFXII, so I can't talk about the plot, but the battle system , if not the best, at least didn't make me feel asleep after fell hours. But I can that I wanted to kill someone after few hours evaluating my characters to get their "limits" and when I finally reach the so wanted grid... the limit wasn't there anymore....

Square Enix will make a good game ( like Chrono Trigger) when they stop to remove people from the "side-teams" to redirect everybody to the Final Fantasies. I love Final Fantasy, but this behaviour ruinned with Chrono Cross and Xenogears...
The Future is uncertain, and the end is always near�
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Wow first post in a thread call "...bloated Vagina" how long have you been watching us??!!?!?? Well welcome and introduce your self in the berserk forum its a good way to start :)

I cant wait to play FFXII I have been waiting for it since FFXI came out because I hate MMO... but ofcourse that was before I had the internet at the house...but wait I still hate them (most of them) because you have to pay for a mothly subscription :evil:
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Starnum; sorry, I got through the first two sentences of your post, then my brain shut down.

In other news, FFXII has to turn into the next freaking Chrono Trigger real soon, or I may have to declare it one of the worst games ever.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I am glad I decided to rent before buying hopefully Gamefly will be sending it soon :)
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

reiketsu wrote: I love Final Fantasy, but this behaviour ruinned with Chrono Cross and Xenogears...

Chrono Cross's only real problem was that it wasn't Chrono Trigger 2. That's about it. The minute you stop thinking your going to get to fight Magus and Lavos all over again, you'll realize it's actually a really good RPG.
ImageImage
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I liked Chrono Cross. What I found wrong with it was that dragons were one of the central focus of the story, instead of just some random bosses you had to fight occasionally (like in Chrono Trigger). The battle system was a bit unconventional, with those little spell/commands that can be equipped, but I thought it was a well done game in general. I did think there was a lack of character development. Suikoden had more character development for the 108 characters they had.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Chrono Cross easily matches any given Final Fantasy (with the possible exceptions of VI and IX).

It does not, however, match Chrono Trigger. ):

Great game though.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

LordMune wrote: It does not, however, match Chrono Trigger.
There are some who would argue with you on that one. I, however, am not one of them.
ImageImage
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Don't forget Radical Dreamer, Chrono Cross' pre-qual.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Chrono Cross doesn't even deserve to have Chrono in its name.