What is the sound of a giant bloated vagina?

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

My father started me on Console gaming when I was five. Not necessarily the best move in the long run, but he didn't know any better, he was just trying to buy my affection.

I've been a dedicated console gamer ever since.

I love PC games too, and for that matter, I love board games and Tabletop Roleplaying Games.

I'm just an all around Gamer, I guess.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I guess I'm more attached to the PC because most of the games let me save whenever I wanted to, instead of having to find a save point like most console games. And that grew on me over time.

I didn't play for a long duration of time on the console when I was a kid, and each time I had to find a freaking save point so I can save my game. Those were dark times.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

FFXII isn't really... bad, it's just that

*The battle and character development systems are quite nice, just not well implemented, and they are over(ab)used. And I thought FFIV-VI's random (more like 'constant' hurr) encounters were bad...

*Plot, what plot? Shit happens, for no particularly good reason as of yet. Luke is just along for the ride, and I still don't know why Han Solo and Chewbacca are helping Leia. Sorry, that should be Vaan, Balthier, Fran and Ashe, in that order.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

this train wreck of a thread is going to the gaming forum.

Last edited by psi29a on Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

psi29a wrote:this train wreck of a thread is going to the gaming forum.
If I started talking about bloating vaginas, would it make it back into Off-The-Wall?

It's a rhetorical question, but anyway.

Since we're in the gaming section, anyone got the Ultimate Alliance game with all those Marvel characters? Don't have time to check it out yet, but you bet I will.

Also, Super Robot Taisen Original Generation 2 is coming out soon. Joy joy joy.

EDIT: Just read from Penny-Arcade that 1up gave a 5.0 rating for Neverwinter Nights 2, and then pulled it. Good god.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I'm just going to jump in on the FFXII discussionbecause I am not privy to the secrets of the elusive bloated vagina.

Everyone and their goddamn mother is telling me that the demo didn't do the game justice and that it is one of, if not the best FF ever. I don't know if I fully believe them (especially on the later claim), but I'm willing to give the game a try. But to tell you the truth, to top VI and IV, this game is going to have to do everything short of suck my dick, which I just don't see happening.

Now III on the other hand I am truly excited for. And V for the GBA has got me feeling pretty good about it. I think Square-Enix is going to celebrate the first 2 weeks of November as some kind of yearly holiday after they find out how much money they've made from it.
ImageImage
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

The first 15 hours of FFXII plays like one continuous series of western CRPG fetch-quests and mob grinding.

Seriously. In the Japanese version of the game, monsters are even called 'mobs'.

I'm not looking forward to the remaining 45 hours of gameplay suckage.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:Everyone and their goddamn mother is telling me that the demo didn't do the game justice and that it is one of, if not the best FF ever.
That's what I've heard too and it sounds like a load of horseshit.

How much different can the demo be from the final game?

Yeah, the Gambit stuff is not there, but party AI customization has existed since Tales of Phantasia so it won't be anything revolutionary.

The skill system is just like the one in Digital Devil Saga so, again, nothing big here. The fact that everybody can do everything like in FFX knocks the game down a few pegs as far as I'm concerned.

I guess if you like MMORPGs the game could be fun and it looks amazing but nope, it didn't do it for me.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:The skill system is just like the one in Digital Devil Saga so, again, nothing big here. The fact that everybody can do everything like in FFX knocks the game down a few pegs as far as I'm concerned.
OH GOD I HATE THIS

I loved FFX' sphere grid; it allowed each character to progress to the point of awesome, and then become a little more awesome by adding another character's awesome to his/her own.

In FFXII you can literally turn military man Basch into a dagger-wielding white mage the instant he joins your party. In many cases it's up to the player to guess what purpose a particular party member is supposed serve, but YOU'D BETTER NOT FUCK UP! My sword-wielding monster killer now has, as the result of a bad decision on the 'license grid' (I simply was not aware of what the consequences would be), nearly twice the MP of my spellcaster. Irrevocably.

Factor in shit like Balthier's guns being seemingly inherently inferior to Fran's bows, and the game makes you want to murder someone.

EDIT: The Gambit system stopped being a good idea the moment they came up with the retarded 'chain' system for loot.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Femto wrote:Yeah, the Gambit stuff is not there, but party AI customization has existed since Tales of Phantasia so it won't be anything revolutionary.
Ain't that the truth. *nods*

I'm not too worried about FFXII. I'm sure I'll get around to renting it eventually, or something. It'd be nice if it turned out to be really good, but I'm not expecting much, save for pretty graphics...yay.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Final Fantasy has been shit since 7... it almost came back to goodness at 9.. then went to shit again in 10
Bow to Golbez
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Sortep wrote:Final Fantasy has been shit since 6... it almost came back to goodness at 9.. then went to shit again in 10
Fixed that for you. :wink:
ImageImage
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Tempest wrote:
Sortep wrote:Final Fantasy has been shit since 6... it almost came back to goodness at 9.. then went to shit again in 10
Fixed that for you. :wink:
:PLUS1:
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

That makes it sound like you guys didn't like FF6. :?

Don't know, never really played it, but I thought the old school fans really liked it. *shrugs*
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Starnum wrote:That makes it sound like you guys didn't like FF6. :?
Tempest wrote:
Sortep wrote: Final Fantasy has been shit after 6... it almost came back to goodness at 9.. then went to shit again in 10
Fixed that for you :wink:
There, and so that there is no confusion:

FFVI > FFVII
FFVII=Most overrated game ever
ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I like FFXII.
*Plot, what plot? Shit happens, for no particularly good reason as of yet.
Like every RPG, so please don't start that.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:FFVI > FFVII
That pretty much how it goes.

I would've put a couple more dozen ">" in there, but the message is the same.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Femto wrote:
Tempest wrote:FFVI > FFVII
That pretty much how it goes.

I would've put a couple more dozen ">" in there, but the message is the same.
Putting more than one > symbol really does illustrate you as a liberal arts major. ^_^
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

psi29a wrote:Putting more than one > symbol really does illustrate you as a liberal arts major. ^_^
I was a physics/math major in high school.

Please note that the high school I studied in would be about college level here in the US.

psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Femto wrote:
psi29a wrote:Putting more than one > symbol really does illustrate you as a liberal arts major. ^_^
I was a physics/math major in high school.

Please note that the high school I studied in would be about college level here in the US.

Have you actually graduated yet? I'll be sure to find some confetti for ya.
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

I'm more or less of the opinion, at this point, that FFVII would have been an excellent game if people hadn't gotten all excited about 3D graphics and decided that it was the best thing since sliced cheese.

The game itself isn't worthless, but every time you hear some braindead fagtard go on and on about how awesome it is, and how much better it is than two, three, and nine, you feel compelled to hate FFVII more, not just the thoughtstarved douchemonkey spouting the nonsense in the first place.
Femto wrote:Please note that the high school I studied in would be about college level here in the US.
However, tragically, the school had no cookies. Which is why we get to this post, where Femto obviously wants a motherfucking cookie.

Femto wrote:How much different can the demo be from the final game?
They could, in theory, be worlds apart. Demos are released while a game is still in developement after all. All SORTS of changes could take place.

And finally, I can't wait to play Super Robot Taisen OG2. I just wish someone would port Alpha or Alpha 2.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Final Fantasy VII sucks. Because the Materia System sucks, Limit Breaks suck, ridiculous side quests to get the best limit breaks fucking sucks, lame cut scenes, and a shit story with the worst main character (Only maybe topped by Squall) makes the game shit. Not the hype, not the fact that fan boys lactate when they hear One Winged Angel, not the fact that a lot of kids first RPG was VII, etc etc. It sucks objectively, not subjectively.

I just got FFXII the other day, have not started it yet. I don't know how this could possibly be better than DQVIII, but I figured I should give it a shot. If it is not good by 10 hours in, I am pawning it off.
FightClub
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by FightClub »

Ayanami wrote:Final Fantasy VII sucks. Because the Materia System sucks, Limit Breaks suck, ridiculous side quests to get the best limit breaks fucking sucks, lame cut scenes, and a shit story with the worst main character (Only maybe topped by Squall)
If only I could murder people over the internet *sneers*
Rolos wrote:-He was born from a corpse? Has been killing (or assisting in the process) people ever since he was 5? Hahahaa...talk about having a shitty life. Its hilarious because he's not me.
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

FightClub wrote: If only I could murder people over the internet *sneers*
Wow, they let you back in here?

Remind me to stop tipping security.

Can't say I'm surprised you're a VII fan, though.

What part did you prefer?
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

FightClub wrote:If only I could murder people over the internet *sneers*
Hahahahahahhaha.

Don't worry FightClub, it is not your fault or mine that FFVII sucks.

You know FFVII could have been alright if it stayed in Midgar. The first 10 hours or so when you are in Midgar are pretty good. Too bad the rest of the game sucks the fat one. I have said it once, I will say it again. I don't know how the hell you can like Cloud after the whole Coma bull shit.

Oh and by the way, Xenogears is a shit game as well. Great story, shit game.