What is the sound of a giant bloated vagina?

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

psi29a wrote:Don't forget Radical Dreamer, Chrono Cross' pre-qual.
Radical Dreamers is more funky than anything else. Text-driven, but lacking in substance in comparison to something like CT or CC. The early plot points of CC are based on it though, and the game implies that Radical Dreamers may be taking place in a universe parallel to CC/CT's.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

Wow all you had been to hard with FFXII ( its not that bad , I love the battle system ) just give it a try people .
As for FFVI one of the best FF , oh and Xenogears has one of the best RPGs stories so far IMHO of course .
Chrono Trigger a good game Chrono Cross a shitty game .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I personally like FF: Tactics the most. Matsuno make solid work(TA was a little disappointing though) with VS, TO, and now XII.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Malvado wrote:I personally like FF: Tactics the most. Matsuno make solid work(TA was a little disappointing though) with VS, TO, and now XII.
Yeah FFT was a really good game ( one of my favorite FF games ) haven't you tried Disgaea 2 Curse of Darknes ? a solid tactic game .
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

yes I have. Paid pretty much all the Nippon Ichi games that came to the states. Disgaea 1 and 2, la pucelle, phatom brave, makai kingdom, and even Rhansody: a fucking musical adventure....

Really like Disgaea and makai kingdom though. Phatom brave was meh.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Wow you had played all the Nippon Ichi games :shock: , I played Makai Kingdom a little, a good game , now I am playing Disgaea 2 really good game ( I was trying to reach lvl 9999 with Adell ) but right now I am only lv 478 lol , damn this game has so much things to do besides story events .
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Gattsblackfalcon wrote:Wow all you had been to hard with FFXII ( its not that bad , I love the battle system ) just give it a try people .
As for FFVI one of the best FF , oh and Xenogears has one of the best RPGs stories so far IMHO of course .
Chrono Trigger a good game Chrono Cross a shitty game .
I'll give FFXII a try when I'm not knee deep in WoW. However, I curse you for calling Chrono Cross a shitty game, it was one of the few console games I've thoroughly enjoyed. I liked it enough to buy the sound track as well.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

The soundtrack was the only thing I could say I really liked from Chrono Cross. Like someone else had said before, if you play CC without the Chrono in its name it is a good game but too bad it has Chrono in its name. Like comparing Xenosaga to Xenogears. Xenosaga may have been decent if it didn't have Xeno as the prefix.
reiketsu
imanewbie

Post by reiketsu »

Tempest wrote: Chrono Cross's only real problem was that it wasn't Chrono Trigger 2. That's about it. The minute you stop thinking your going to get to fight Magus and Lavos all over again, you'll realize it's actually a really good RPG.
uh-huh... I loved CC. IN all the ways. But it's visibly that, as for Xenogears, the second CD was a total waste. You can feel that it had a lot more to be shown, but it had to be cut and compacted in order to make it in time to be released. And Square Enix is famous for simply realocate personel from other projects to fill the spaces in the Final Fantasies' team.

Final Fantasy tactics is, from far, the best FF ever. It has a smart battle engine and it really let the player to enjoy the Job Classes, leaving him free to make it''s own combos. Sadly the storyline was way too elaborated to be appreciated by everybody ( it is the only complain about the game. Funny, uh?).

Well... now I'll go to the Bersek thread to make properly introduce myself. :)
Last edited by reiketsu on Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Future is uncertain, and the end is always near�
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Oh well its not that the game were that bad but compared to Chrono Trigger...

Hmm the soundtrack I don't remember any song , to me the best soundtrack is from Xenogears ( Yasunori Mitsuda its a great composer ) man Light from the Netherworld is simply amazing.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Gattsblackfalcon wrote: Xenogears ( Yasunori Mitsuda its a great composer ) man Light from the Netherworld is simply amazing.
he did Chrono Cross' soundtrack too.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Oh I didn't notice that I might have to check that soundtrack .
I like Susumu Hirasawa work ( Berserk ) Forces and Sign songs are really good .
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

My only problem with Mitsuda is that he, much like other (though less superstarry) game composers, only has XX pieces of music he can create. CT rocked all manner of socks, Xenogears and CC started getting stale, and I swear I've heard nearly every single track of Xenosaga Ep1 in one of the games mentioned above.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
reiketsu
imanewbie

Post by reiketsu »

Indeed. The song that plays in Termina ( Chrono Cross) are the same one that plays in the desert city from Xenogears. And few friends o' mine told me they've already heard that song from Chronno Trigger.
Last edited by reiketsu on Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Future is uncertain, and the end is always near�
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

I yeah I noticed that with Xenosaga , but still Light from the Netherworld is his best song .
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

reiketsu wrote: Final Fantasy tactics is, from far, the best FF ever. It has a smart battle engine and it really let the player to enjoy the Job Classes, leaving him free to make it''s own combos. Sadly the storyline was way too elaborated to be appreciated by everybody ( it is the only complain about the game. Funny, uh?).

Well... now I'll go to the Bersek thread to make properly introduce myself. :)
I totally forgot about the PSX Final Fantasy Tactics, I play very little of it but I remeber it was very challengeing yet fun... More recently I played the game boy version but that was totally different and sucked ass.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Final Fantasy Tactics is over rated. Great game, but best FF ever? Please, FFT has the most broken ass battle system in a tactics game ever.

And Chrono Cross was fantastic even though it had Chrono in it, Xenosaga how ever fails.
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

Ayanami wrote:Final Fantasy Tactics is over rated. Great game, but best FF ever? Please, FFT has the most broken ass battle system in a tactics game ever.

And Chrono Cross was fantastic even though it had Chrono in it, Xenosaga how ever fails.
Your taste in video games...it's...like some bizarre mirrored doppelganger of my own.

It's totally creepy.

Any minute now, I'll go over to some magical mirror, and Ayanami will appear, looking like me, but with an evil Goatee, and we'll battle to the death, I'll lose, and then Ayanami will go on to ruin my reputation as a gamer with good taste and a strong underlying sense of morality.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Back when I played FFT, it was called Tactics Ogre, or Shining Force.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

Now tactics Ogre is good stuff.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Shining force was awesome, I played the Game Gear and Sega Genesis they kick ass... since we are talking about Stradegy game I have loved playing Fire Emblem that game also rocks :headbang:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
reiketsu
imanewbie

Post by reiketsu »

Final Fantasy Tactics received positive reviews upon release, and critical opinion of the game has only grown over time. However, one major flaw did stand out, that being the shoddy localization of the game which was rife with mistranslations that could ruin an otherwise excellent story. Some critics also took issue with the game's overly complex plot.

However, most of these issues were eventually seen as just quirks of the game as time has progressed and the game itself has aged rather gracefully. GameSpot has named FFT as one of its Greatest Games of All Time - the first Final Fantasy game to make it to the list.
- from Wikipedia
Agreed. I did play both version, English and Japanese ( the second one with a friend's help - and a note book to write down key words to not forget), and really the only flaw that can be pointed out about FFT are the english translation, that messed up with most of the story. I myself have nothing against a complex plot, I even prefer such kind of games, which lead me to go search more and more about the secrets and side stories.

Ok, it's a copy from Tactics Ogre, but that was the intention. Even the character design and the Ogre's team work on FFT. It was Squaresoft's attempt to fight back the sucess of the said game. And they did it.

Shinning Force is a marvelous, but the remake disapointed me, as they didn't invite the origianl character design Hiroshi Kajiama. What made me feel like not be really playing Shinning Force. I still stick around of the old Mega Drive and Sega Saturn versions. :worship:
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

I played the Snes version of TO , but I didn't like it , the game you are talking its the PS version right? , I always heard that OT was better than FFT ( I really liked FFT ) a friend of mine have it , I might to give it a try to see if the game isthta good .
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Tactic Ogres for the SNES was the beginning of the genre, it was updated to the PSX but only after Vandal Hearts had come out on PSX, then someone had the bright idea to port TO over.

Someone then had the next bright idea to make FFT based on Vandal Hearts and TO for the PSX.

VA was my first PSX game, great stuff. I dare say it had a better story than TO and FFT which rates it higher in my book. Story is king.

Side note: gamplay is key ONLY in multiplayer games. After I play a RPG once, I typically don't play it again unless the story is like CT or CC. It is only when I play a game more than once, that gameplay becomes important. However, one caveat... Legend of Dragoon, worst RPG ever. Never EVER mix gameplay of street fighter with an RPG. I hate it. The story wasn't enough to save this train wreck of a game.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

LOL I played LoD and its true, that game was horrible , after 30 hours I came to realise the crap I was playing , so I quit playing the game .

TO or VH which one its better ? .