What is the sound of a giant bloated vagina?

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

reiketsu
imanewbie

Post by reiketsu »

The PS version is the same as the SNES.
Frankly, Vandal Hearts hasn't anything of new, it's that old "boy discover the dirty behind his govern and raise his sword against it in the name of justice". At least Ramza were more original, fighting for personal reasons and beating the evil ones in the process.
Not only the storyline is more interesting but also the graphics are way better than the other two mentioned before. I did play both Vandal Heart, and I finished both. OK, that is it, nothing really new to surprise me. Good games. Only to not be unfair: the battle system of Vandal Hearts 2 is very good. Really makes you think before any attack, though it gets predictable after few round ( like for any other game).
The Future is uncertain, and the end is always near�
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

VH FTW, TO had more strat fun though.
reiketsu
imanewbie

Post by reiketsu »

What would be better than merciless smite a flushy flush chocobo during a battle?
Surround it with many knights and slowly cut through it's fur, keep cutting til it can't move anymore. And after bring it down, wait patiently for it's to fade away, turnning itself into a bright crystal for our own sake.

Sorry, can't see how VH and TO could be any better! :wink:
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

I used those chocobos to lvl up a lot, I attack them to gain xp and then heal them to gain more xp lol . And the crystal thing damn I lost some really good characters because of that ( just becasue I didn't revive them :lol: ) .

FFT a really good game IMO .
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
reiketsu
imanewbie

Post by reiketsu »

Why waste time gaing EXP from enemies? Leave them with low hp and go hit your own characters. Good away to get levels.
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

reiketsu wrote:Why waste time gaing EXP from enemies? Leave them with low hp and go hit your own characters. Good away to get levels.
I did that too :D .
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

You can replace every RPG for the console with UO, WoW, Eve online, or some other competitive RPG that involves levels if you don't care about the story. Then the RPG is all about gameplay and strat.

However, single player RPG is more about story. I like both styles of RPG, just not all together at once. WoW, you pay 15$ a month to play against and with other people. If you pay to play solo, then I think it is a waste and should stick to single player non-online rpgs.

/rant :)
reiketsu
imanewbie

Post by reiketsu »

I like both styles as well. There was a period in which I couldn't stand play alone, because it was getting dull to have that kicking ass sword and not being able to compares with any other pleyr or see if someone could tell me about naything better. That's why I get into MMORPG's world ( LineAge2, to be more precise).
Now I'm playing both, but I'm still waiting for a new RPG with a thrilling soryline, whose make me want to stay two days without sleep only playing it ( as I used to do with Chronno Cross and few others). :twisted:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

reiketsu wrote:Now I'm playing both, but I'm still waiting for a new RPG with a thrilling soryline, whose make me want to stay two days without sleep only playing it ( as I used to do with Chronno Cross and few others). :twisted:
:PLUS1:

People liked FF7, I personally didn't. Though I do say that I bought it the first day it came out, and I beat it that weekend. (Came out on a Thursday I think).

So, if it takes me a weekend to 'finish' the game, then there is a problem. It had an OK story, but to tell the truth, I would rather much like to go back and play Final Fantasy IV than replay VI.

FF IV on the other hand took me a long time to finish, and it held my interest. I would even say it was more difficult without being tedious.

I mean come on, you had to level up that damn chocobo to black to fly it to an island, to get knights of round table. How f-ing lame was that? It was busy work, tedious and boring. In WoW, I expect that kinda shit because of grinding and hanging out with friends to make it fun. But in a single player game, it is down right insulting. Where is the f-ing story?
reiketsu
imanewbie

Post by reiketsu »

Really it is an insult to force us to deal with the chocobos only to get the final summon. But, after a time I could find something that describes that background of such situation:

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=72

That's so true it hurts...

Nonetheless...uhh... ok, there's no story behind it. You won. But FF7 isn't that bad of a game. As for FFIV, Cecil is my favourite character amonsgt the Final Fantasie's. However, is yet to be a character cooler than Ashley Riot from Vagrant Story.

I never played WoW, only saw my friends playing it. But in LineAge2 we can raise pets as well, so I understand what do you mean by it's being funnier in MMORPGs than in single player games. The game pals make it surmountable.
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

FFT was a great game, but plagued by an extremely complex story that almost lost me at times, and the fact that the battle system, although fun, was extremly easy.

I remember back when I had the Seag Genesis playing the Shining Force games (and Shining in the Darkness, which was a much different title) and thoroughly enjoying them.

Another game I later enjoyed for the SNES which was later ported to the PSX (which some of you probably played with there being so many avid fans of Tactics Ogre) was Ogre Battle. That game was extremely fun to me, and the battle system was a huge challenge for me. Several levels often took me 3-4 tries just to finish.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
reiketsu
imanewbie

Post by reiketsu »

newbified wrote:FFT was a great game, but plagued by an extremely complex story that almost lost me at times, and the fact that the battle system, although fun, was extremly easy.
Yes, the storyline is very complex, but it's presented to you on a homepathic (spelled right!?) way that makes it more understandable. Sad the lack of good translators made something already complex into something barely impossible to understand sometimes. But only, REALLY, sometimes. :wink:
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

newbified wrote: Ogre Battle. That game was extremely fun to me, and the battle system was a huge challenge for me. Several levels often took me 3-4 tries just to finish.
You mean March of the Black Queen ( or something like that ) yeah that game is truly a challenge ( I don't liked the multiple endings , because I thought that every single choice I made on the story was wrong ) .
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

The last boss on Gears of War pisses me off.
reiketsu
imanewbie

Post by reiketsu »

Hoshigami, running blue earth : Challenging game, beautiful scenario, amazing character design, interesting plot, same creators from Ogre games. Sad I lost the cd before finish it.

Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

lol The same happened to me I lost the cd ( well not lost I scratch it so badly ).
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Damn the JP cover looks pretty stupid. All because of the main guy.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Hoshigami, I played it. And I lost the CD.

Last I remember playing it, it was way too hard. I think that was the reason I gave up for a while.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Yeah, the Ogre Battle game I was discussing is indeed March of the Black Queen, and something that often annoyed me was trying to keep my alignment either up or down in order to see a different ending or to recruit different characters.

Despite that, it was still an extremely fun game, that was although challenging, wasn't impossible for me.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
reiketsu
imanewbie

Post by reiketsu »

Eldo wrote:Hoshigami, I played it. And I lost the CD.

Last I remember playing it, it was way too hard. I think that was the reason I gave up for a while.
Seems like we all found a way to get a rid of this game. :roll:
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

Speaking of Obscure RPGs that were really good. How about Lunar?
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Bengal wrote:Speaking of Obscure RPGs that were really good. How about Lunar?
How about Planescape: Torment?
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

I havne't had the pleasure, although NWN2 is provign to be quite good as a successor to NWN
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

LordMune wrote:
How about Dragon Force?
ImageImage
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

LordMune wrote:
Best RPG hands down, this game so very much under appreciated. Go onto ebay and grab a copy asap.