::Beck:: Latest Chapter 62 by MonE, page 1

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I don´t think Chiba will quit the band, If he does it´s the end off Beck.
How many song´s do they have then that they can play without him, like 3.
In a way I think Chiba will get a better sense off how big part he has in the band after he wins the rap tournament, it´ll build up his selfestem so he wont ponder if he´s good enough to be in the band or not any longer.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Pergatory
Mastered PM

Post by Pergatory »

chapter 73 came out on http://www.mangaupdates.com/releases.html but its not working anyone know somewhere else to get it?
The Sea At Night Time Makes Me Shiver...If You Stare At It...It Feelis Like You'll Get Swallowed...Into The Depth Of This Dark Wave... Image
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

the link worked fine by me to Dl.
And you think Beck will go on tour with Room 13?
I wonder... I think something will come up and mess it all up

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Re: ::Beck:: Latest Chapter 62 by MonE, page 1

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Bump the bum rush!

Anyone still reading this amazing manga? Sadly a bit too slow in releases (had been dropped off in scanlating), but its great and becoming more and more my favourite. The plot hasnt moved much from the almost a year and half stuff you were discussing here.

Not to spoil, but The main points right now is Eddie's lost song and wether or not they'll go to Avalon. Pretty exciting and unique drama manga. On chapter 85 as the latest.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Fortunately a new group picked it up, so it should be more regular now. Keep in mind that these chapters are heavy on tranlating/editing, and the few raws I saw were shit.

Good manga, I keep looking out for releases. It was getting old though. The whole "One step forward, 2 steps back" scheme in particular, and especially for the relationship Koyuki/Mako (Is that her name? I lost interest). The good thing about it is that it seems extremely caricatural of the music business (most of the characters design is modeled after real music personality, with hilarious results sometimes), but for some reason it's believable that reality it that messed up.

However the band is making progress now, in terms of fame and fanbase. They are no longer underground anymore, they kick ass and it was about time. I wish I could see the same type of progress in HnI. Libaax might not like that.
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

I find the slow tempo and the realistically one step of a time progress they make fascinating and refreshing. Generally mangas tend to be a bit more rushed and simplistic (right to the twists and such for the heck of it). The plot may sometimes be a bit predictable (It doesnt bother me because its realistically predictable... Ran is really too powerful...and they struggle this much because they are rookies and underground group...they are bound to), but the manga is just generally and slowly showing their every day life and struggle as a band, I especially like their international tours to US and UK (though the Japan one was the best). I dont expect a huge deal with the plot (just slowly build the tension to their improvement and struggles, instead of being geniuses right off...they struggled alot after Grateful sound concert). Its a slow but fascinating drama. Highly fascinating for me in its mellow and unique way.

The Mako deal isnt exciting now (but it used to be way better, its just a minor subplot now). But they are saving it for later. I'm glad they are not making a fuss over it, and they just show a big missunderstanding and them growing gradually apart being two different continents. Its not too melodramatic as it could have been. Which is good, the focus is on the band.

Taira-kun is a pretty interesting dude. They should have a more centred plot on him a little atleast.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Yes the tours are the best parts.

I think Taira will have his shining moment very soon, with Devil's Way.