Are we all conservative bastards?

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Are YOU a conservative bastard?

Hippy, Pot-Smoking Greenie
22%
Violent I'll-Kill-You-With-A-Hacksaw-If-You-Touch-That-Tree Greenie
4%
Left Wing Conservative
17%
Swinger
9%
Plain 'Ole Conservative Bastard
4%
Right Wing I'll-Nuke-You-If-You-Come-Any-Closer Paranoid Ass
9%
Gun-Toting Angel-Of-Death Maniac
4%
I'm So Apathetic I Don't Give A Damn
30%

Total votes: 23

swallow
notanewb

Are we all conservative bastards?

Post by swallow »

I've recently hearing a lot about how us young-uns are ultra-conservative bastards nowadays in comparison to other generations. I've also got to admit I'm a bit conservative myself, well as far as tax policies and whatnot go.

The poll is on a sliding scale (I think) from left wing to right wing. So please let me know are YOU a conservative bastard?
Procrastination at its finest.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I'm Labor. But not really cool with it since Beazley's on board and the ship is sinking. His policies are bullshit. But there's no other real alternative, I guess. I'm not a Howard fan.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

my apathy runs deep.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

I wonder who the hippy was
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

Second hippy here :smoken:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

moving this to current events & news area.

I don't see admin on your list of choices.
swallow
notanewb

Post by swallow »

I would add "Bungling Bureaucrat" just for your sake psi, except I can't anymore. :wink:

By the way, where are all the right-wing nuts? Or are they just afraid to show themselves. Considering Berserk is uber-violent, I thought there would at least be a few gun-toting maniacs out there, especially in this forum.
Procrastination at its finest.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Damn, I couldn't find the best answer for me either, so I chose hippy.

:smoken:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

"I'm So Apathetic I Don't Give A Damn"

How can i feel anything else?

My country has just been taking over by some stone age stupid wankers who calls themselves islamists cause they are like every other fools in history of man doing horrible things in God's name.

The avreage people goes to the streets to fight them and save thier country but they are being killed cause we dont have oil so we are f'ucked, UN is dead and no one else cares.

The best we have to look forward it US sees Al-Qaida in Somalia and bombs us to kingdom Come just like Iraq.

Its a wonderful world.....
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
MPD Psycho
imanewbie

Post by MPD Psycho »

Right Wing I'll-Nuke-You-If-You-Come-Any-Closer Paranoid Ass

hell yeah!!
Hate MOST (-psi warned me about absolutes,so I obey!! lol) fuckin liberals cause MOST of them misunderstand words like "tolerance" and "freedom of.." and keep abusing those concepts to make a total dump out of the world. The society just keeps degenerating because many people dont think anything should be regulated, because it would cause LIMITATIONS and LACK OF FREEDOM. My ass. So every time someone says that something should be "prohibited" or "limited" than we call them a "fuckin nazi motherfucker tryin to motherfckin slave us all...oh no!!" Actually quite scary, if you don`t have a brain.
Don`t know who I`m quoting but it goes something like "true freedom comes from your mind". I am not allowed to kill anyone. But does that limit me as a human being? Or the ways I express myself in??I don`t need to do taht, I feel free although If I wanted to I`d find thousands o thing which enslave me and oh shit I such an unhappy person.lol, fuck that.
Pozdro
Sorry for the long read (If anyone bothers to:D)
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

MPD Psycho wrote:Right Wing I'll-Nuke-You-If-You-Come-Any-Closer Paranoid Ass

hell yeah!!
So every time someone says that something should be "prohibited" or "limited" than we call them a "fuckin nazi motherfucker tryin to motherfckin slave us all...oh no!!"
[hippie retort]
[/hippie retort]
ImageImage
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

MPD Psycho wrote:fuckin liberals cause MOST of them misunderstand words like "tolerance" and "freedom of.." and keep abusing those concepts to make a total dump out of the world.
Everybody has words they misunderstand, or deliberately misinterpret. For the wingnuts and the neocons is appears to be words like "peace", "threat", "Patriotism", and even "Conservative." How the hell am I supposed to vote for an extremist right-wing president who uses our country for his own petty angendas and hemmorhages money like a ACLU-pocketed senate majority? By comparison, taking "tolerance" and "freedom" too far is pretty harmless.
MPD Psycho wrote:The society just keeps degenerating because many people dont think anything should be regulated, because it would cause LIMITATIONS and LACK OF FREEDOM.
Yeah, it sure was stupid of those democrats to deregulate court admissable evidence based on illegal search and seisure.

Obviously it was the democrats who want to dissolve the ESRB, created to regulate video games for violent and otherwise mature content, despite their accuracy and professional demeanor.

My ass.
MPD Psycho wrote:Don`t know who I`m quoting but it goes something like "true freedom comes from your mind".
"I know but one freedom and that is the freedom of the mind."
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery

The man was a fighter pilot in world war II who was forced to live in New York during the occupation. The words of a man who was in the process of being oppressed don't really support your argument the way you want them to.

When you're trying to convince us that we're not prisoners, quoting a famous prisoner's viewpoint doesn't help your case. By the same token, when you're trying to convince us that we aren't being oppressed, quoting Antione de Saint-Exupery isn't the best idea.
MPD Psycho
imanewbie

Post by MPD Psycho »

hmmm...some of my thoughts might be understood in America other way than in Poland. So I reffer to "Democrats/ Republicans" stuff which is totally unclear to me only because I understad "Democrat" and I know how it looks on my playground.

As for the quote, shame on me for not knowing the author. Fancied myself an educated person. Fuck.
But I don`t think that because it was said by a "prisoner" that its meaning can be only related to others imprisoned in any way.

Wouldn`t use it if I didn`t find it true in my way of seing things.

And, of course, not everything can be "bypassed" just by thinking "I` free, I`m free" lol. I meant that most things which people call "enslavement" or other stuff like that is really control (like in contreolling primitive instincts). And I find it needed. Not because I want some dumb bloke to tell me what I can do a can`t do, but beacuse I know that people are (sometimes can be) infinitely stupid and egoistick or just plain sick and need to be controlled to function properly.

Example. Some time ago if someone called some other dude on TV a "cocksuckin fag" or some other shit it was clear that the person using this kind of language is a redneck and should be ashamed of himself.
Today this kind of person becomes a star and the defender of "freedom of speech".
But when Gibson`s "Passion" was released it was antysemitism. Of course.
Get what I mean now??
I`m talking about loosing some sort of "balance".

Doesn`t mean that are some situations in which one`s freedom is truly limited. But people are becoming so frickin paranoid that they see limitations everywhere. When we want someone in our government to resign and he doesn`t although we`re supposed to be a democratic nation than it violation of my rights to decide and, in consequence, freedom.

And some other issue: "If it limits my freedom but brings me benefits. Is it good or bad?"

Pozdro
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

I must admit that my knowledge of the Polish government is very limited.

I understand what you mean, but your words might not be coming out right.

A truly conservative government would not restrict free speech or free expression because that's too much of Government meddling in the affairs of others, which is not what a conservative wants.

A NeoCon, or a right wingnut, will want more regulations on everything. More regulations to protect children (instead of making parents responsible for protecting children). This is a perversion of what conservative actually means.

The problem is that we have "crazy" liberal organizations like the ACLU terrorizing small schools to protect "freedoms" like the man who calls someone a "fucking fag" while we have Neo-Conservatives trying to ban Mel Gibson's movies because they're innappropriate, for the way they portray the jewish people.

Everyone keeps jumping out of the arms of one idiot who isn't conservative or right-thinking into the arms of another idiot who isn't conservative or right-thinking.