Life in Iraq, one movie at a time...

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Life in Iraq, one movie at a time...

Post by psi29a »

If you find footage of recent events in Iraq post 'em here.

This is the stuff you won't find on American television.

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yp74sAz0HbE[/youtube]

The video below was a Haliburton employee who was fired because he was shot twice by ak47 fire. The army support left him there, didn't return till 45 minutes later.
[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZXedz8nhRko[/youtube]

Marine India 3/6 MSgt E. CampPen - Semper Fi Marines, Al Qaim warriors!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

There is a sniper in Baghdad who has supposedly killed and injured over 100 american soldiers. It kinda sucks that you dont hear anything about him in the states at all.

He goes by the name of Juba

He sometimes tapes the shootings
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Arngrim
Mastered PM

Post by Arngrim »

Buzkashi wrote:There is a sniper in Baghdad who has supposedly killed and injured over 100 american soldiers. It kinda sucks that you dont hear anything about him in the states at all.
He sometimes tapes the shootings
I'm surprised to find someone on a forum who knows about him (well I guess if you're going to find someone, it will be on the internets). Obviously there's a lot of things they don't show on the news, you think about how many American soldiers die in the Iraqi war and how we're supposed to sympathize more over some fucktard going postal and killing "innocents". I don't know, maybe I'm just too biased against the whole "forget the deaths of soldiers, but anyone not in an armed force=innocent" spectrum.

as for the 2nd video of PSI's has been taken down, probably for content I imagine (ogreish). Whatever the case (given this is all assumptions since I have no idea what the video is about), he's one man, not part of the US military.
Too bad, it's war. He lived, he's lucky. I don't feel sympathy for fucktards or news people who get shot and think they're doing their freedoms or country duty for bringing "the world news", as the first video has shown (even the 3rd), we're more focused on capitol hill faggotry than the actual war itself. But w/e, people haven't learned since Korea and Vietnam, they sure as hell aren't going to learn anytime soon.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Basically every sniper attack not attributed to coalition forces are propagated by one mythical person called Juba. They are doing this as part of a psychological warfar in the same vein as Vasily Grigoryevich Zaitsev was doing during the siege of Stalingrad (St. Petersburg) in 1945 where just one great sniper can do so much damage. It is more likely that a crew of snipers use Juba as their name.

However the above conclusion is my own, I have no evidence to offer other than videos to go on.

However, here is more info about Juba here:
It has been rumored that "Juba" may have been captured on June 2, 2005. An Iraqi sniper, in a van at a distance of 75-100 metres away from American soldier Stephen Tschiderer, shot at him using a rifle with a telescopic sight. Tschiderer was hit, but his injuries were minimal due to his body armor. [1] Soldiers from the B Company, 4th Battalion, 1st Iraqi Army Brigade unit began searching for the shooter and spotted two possible insurgents (allegedly the sniper and the driver who videotapes the attacks). [2] [3]

The army located the van and discovered a cushioned sniping nest. This nest was lined with numerous bed mattresses to muffle the sound of a Dragunov sniper rifle [4], which was used to fire through a hole just big enough for the shooter to engage his target of choice. The driver of the van was detained and the wounded shooter was captured after a short pursuit by Tschiderer and B Company.
Arngrim
Mastered PM

Post by Arngrim »

*smacks head* fucking wiki, the one time I figured they wouldn't have anything on something they actually did. Well it isn't news to me he's more than "one man" (just as with any high-profiled killer, there usually has to be some other contributer/s to reach such high levels), but I still believe (at least in my honest opinion) that the one they caught is either the actual Juba, or one of the bigger potentials (Ie, regardless, he most likely wasn't one of the people just firing their rifles and claiming to be Juba incarnite)