Devil May Cry

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

wotjesus
imanewbie

Re: Devil May Cry

Post by wotjesus »

Wait... someone fill me in. I know the first game was great, but I know one of them is supposed to suck, and one is supposed to be borderline-Ninja Gaiden: Black difficulty. Which is which?
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Well the action sequences have been interesting. But really I haven't been able to follow anything yet.

example: Points the gun at demon -> Muzzle flashes -> Dead Demon -> Hero/Heroine poses with smoking gun.

hell it looks good but I hope thats not the route they plan on taking for the animes duration.
"Context is for Kings"
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I was thinking the same,there has got to be some story, at some point.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

wotjesus wrote:Wait... someone fill me in. I know the first game was great, but I know one of them is supposed to suck, and one is supposed to be borderline-Ninja Gaiden: Black difficulty. Which is which?
The first game was great. Second one- we don't talk about the second one.

The third is a masterpiece in most senses of the world, and by far the best action game of the last generation (and it's not that hard unless you suck).
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

LordMune wrote:
wotjesus wrote:Wait... someone fill me in. I know the first game was great, but I know one of them is supposed to suck, and one is supposed to be borderline-Ninja Gaiden: Black difficulty. Which is which?
The first game was great. Second one- we don't talk about the second one.

The third is a masterpiece in most senses of the world, and by far the best action game of the last generation (and it's not that hard unless you suck).
There was no second one! :|

The third one is only hard on Dante Must Die difficulty, the other difficulties are bareable. But I don't know if it's any harder than Ninja Gaiden Black.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Yep, I’ve been tearing and clawing my way through Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and it’s not even as hard as Black, supposedly. I’ll be honest, I gave up on DMC3. Normally I don’t let great games like that get the better of me, but I had only rented it, and it just started to become a pain. However, I’m lovin Sigma, and there’s no way I’m going to give up on it. This game is going down, heheheh. Anyway, I was just thinking I should get around to taking out DMC3 as well, sometime in the future. I was just wondering, how does it compare to Sigma (or at least Black I guess) in overall difficulty? From what I hear DMC3 is harder than Sigma, but the game (Sigma) is still fairly new. Any opinions on this?
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

I'm officially done with this anime. The last episode was craptacular.
"Context is for Kings"
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I would give up on it too with all the first episodes not making much sense and there being no continuing story line... but I am not a quiter... I will inform you if anything happens that turns the series around... like showing Dante in demon form or a story about his father and siblings and what not :cool:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

It seems like they're still introducing characters and feel no rush to develop the main story yet. I suppose it keeps close to the games in that sense.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Well, I have to say the main story is still far from present, and the episode stories are sub-par. I haven't played the games, so I really don't know any of the characters, but right now, i'd say with the quality of the individual eps, they should be making a ton in order to justify that - which means this should be scheduled as a 50+ep show, where it doesn't matter so much if individual eps are not spot on.

As anime series based on games go, so far Gungrave is still the king.
Brainpiercing
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Gungrave was pretty cool. I haven't checked out DMC anime yet, but I'll get to it. I can't believe you've never played any of the games Brain. :P
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I'm not a console type.

And, uh... I don't play hard games :oops:
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Man its a disgrace to compare this sh't to Gungrave.

Gungrave is a classic anime in IMO. Still one of the best animes i have watched. Specially the early parts when they were young were great.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Yeah so far, DMC anime has been pretty much JUST decent. IT could be SO much BETTER.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

I still mostly watch it because it looks great - excluding the fight animations. Underneath it's very thin. Well, it feels like the bad story in a computer game, so I guess it's authentic. Most game stories aren't really as good as they seem when you play the game.

This anime has:
Weakish plots.
Weak inconsistent characters.
Boring fights.

It almost feels like hollywood.
Brainpiercing
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

I agree, the story in this anime is thinner then water :P
The soundtrack is funny, sometimes its great and then in an instant its about the worst kind of crap I have ever heard.
But it looks good though.
When I saw episode 3 I thought there was a beginning of some kind of story, but now after 7 nothing at all has happened.

\"No Sane man will dance.\"
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Brainpiercing wrote:This anime has:
Weakish plots.
Weak inconsistent characters.
Boring fights.
I think the real killer is the boring fights. They all have sucked thus far. I would be able to ignore the lack of plot and boring characters if the fights were good. Too bad.
"Context is for Kings"
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

Yeah the fights are all the same, Dante says hes been waiting for a Demon as strong as the one hes going to fight, and wham bam he one shots them or one hits them with his sword. Thats some powerful demon aint it :P

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Episode 10 looks promising, MAYBE, IF NOT I am soo going to drop this show.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Loeviz
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Loeviz »

LOL episode 12 is the final episode.
The story didnt go anywhere at all in these 12 episodes.
Complete waste of time, I feel so violated :P

Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

That was a pretty ridiculous last ep.
Brainpiercing
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Mostly because of the 2 second fight....

Only in the last 3 episodes they seemed to get alittle better, it was too late though.

Devil may cry?

Devil should cry. Alot.

This could have been so much better.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I wouldn't say the anime was bad, but nothing happened. The story they built up to was simply a super powerful monster being freed and that's very weak for a main story. The episode stories were fairly decent though.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

it wasn't bad? I'd love to see what you consider bad.
"Context is for Kings"
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

I don't consider it bad because it was handled well for an anime with no story. And the games also have a weak story, so the anime doesn't deviate that much from them (DMC3 was the first to have something more than "just a devil hunter" story).

I would recommend the anime to fans only after explaining them about the no-story it had.

What I'm trying to say is, I've seen worse.