Your stance on the 3 next-gen consoles and their games.

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Yeah, it was smart with the 360, but it seems like everyone is going to do that with the PS3. I think it would be funny if they got stuck with the system.

Also, reports in Japan say that not all PSX and PS2 games are compatible with the PS3. Sony says to expect the same problem with the US systems, should be fixed later with a software update though.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Gattsblackfalcon
This is my new home

Post by Gattsblackfalcon »

I heard that too , but that's easy to fix ( I guess ) and one thing I didn't know is that you can upgrade the hard drive to a bigger one ( that's cool because that way I would buy the $499 version ) ahaha just three days more.
Ultra Berserk fan , Gatts wanna be . Image and EvilDmitri rocks ftw.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Gaiseric wrote:Yeah, it was smart with the 360, but it seems like everyone is going to do that with the PS3. I think it would be funny if they got stuck with the system.

That's why I would like to do it, becuase I wouldn't mind having a PS3. If it works out, I have enough money to but like 5 PS3s given the demnad right now, if not, I have a new PS3, [sarcasm]damn[/sarcasm]. Besides, with the amount that Sony is sending out, demand is most definately going to outweigh supply for a very long time. I suspect that people will be selling PS3s at prices higher than retail off of E-bay for weeks, or even months. Or people will wise up and THIS will happen.
ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

some japanese family brought 100 ps3's to sell. Anyway, Sony changed the numbers(not really) that they are sending to gamestop and ebgames. Why? probably to counter most of the people already selling their's on ebay when they don't even have one. I'm the first on the list so it doesn't bother me but may affect those four college students that were numbers 5-8.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I played PS3 today. The sports games sucked and didnt look any different from the 360 versions, but Motorstorm looks amazing. I am surprised, but its still not worth 700 dollars. The controller still sucks(never liked the PS controller), but they did change L2 and R2 so they are more trigger like. Similar to Xbox's controller, which is nice.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

How dare they change the legendary good control of PS,PS2.....

To being more like xbox controller, thats sounds like a nightmare to me.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

You must have small hands.
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

PS2 controllers were more or less perfect. Ever button, pad, and analog stick easily accessed without moving your hands away from any of the others, and no worry of accidentally hitting two buttons at once (although you could do this too, if you needed to.)

I worry about this strange new controller you mention.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

The 360 controller is pretty accomplished. I think that may be as far as standard controller design will go.

Sony fucked up with the placement of the analog sticks on the original Dual Shock, and have since failed to rectify their mistake. FPSes, or any genre where minute control over both sticks simultaneously is needed, are generally horrible on the PSX/PS2/PS3.

The Dual Shock series/SIXAXIS' face buttons are better than both Nintendo's and Microsoft's offerings, though.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

The xbox controller sucks ball, its impossible to use it for fight games and sport games.

The PS control is by far the best controller ever, one of the reasons sony ruled with PS,PS2.

Cause the control fitted perfectly in your hands, after a while you even forget you have it in your hands.

Man i will send them hate mail or something if they change it too much.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

[quote="LordMune"]Sony fucked up with the placement of the analog sticks on the original Dual Shock, and have since failed to rectify their mistake. FPSes, or any genre where minute control over both sticks simultaneously is needed, are generally horrible on the PSX/PS2/PS3.
quote]

Funny, I've played quite a few FPS games on the PS2, with no real difficulty at all. Perhaps you're thinking of something else.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned, and find me guilty for true guilt comes from within.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Bengal wrote:
Funny, I've played quite a few FPS games on the PS2, with no real difficulty at all. Perhaps you're thinking of something else.
he's refering to the PS/PS2 first person shooters sucking not the controller.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

Bengal wrote:PS2 controllers were more or less perfect. Ever button, pad, and analog stick easily accessed without moving your hands away from any of the others, and no worry of accidentally hitting two buttons at once (although you could do this too, if you needed to.)

I worry about this strange new controller you mention.
PS2 controllers WERE perfect - All they have to do is make them wireless. I'm sure you've seen pictures of the new ones though...and Sony have bolloxed them up. You've probably heard that the controller looks like a boomerang and the console looks like a hip flask. It's like they're equippin some Austrailian for a trip into the outback or some shit :? .
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

EnglishJim wrote: PS2 controllers WERE perfect - All they have to do is make them wireless. I'm sure you've seen pictures of the new ones though...and Sony have bolloxed them up. You've probably heard that the controller looks like a boomerang and the console looks like a hip flask. It's like they're equippin some Austrailian for a trip into the outback or some shit :? .
Or you are sniffing some shit because the controller doesn't look like that. Those were from E3 of two years ago with the prototype system.
EnglishJim
This is my new home

Post by EnglishJim »

No, no shit sniffing. Still a hip flask, but you're right about the pads. Ma bad...

ImageImage

There's also been problems with backwards-compatability, it's said over 200 PSX/PS2 games have issues...
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Haha with all that shit piling up, Sony is going to hell. Good thing.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

200 of 13000(or something like that) isn't so big especially with firmware updates to fix them.

I know that their are games that the PS2(slimmodel i believe) won't play.
Last edited by Malvado on Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

As you can see from the above picture the controller is essentially the same( :( ), you can just press the L2 and R2 buttons in further, which gives you better control in racing games where its used as the throttle.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

I like the trigger look for the PS2 controller I never noticed before... I hope the six axis motion sensor is able to be turned off I am not to thrilled about that.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

LordMune wrote:Sony fucked up with the placement of the analog sticks on the original Dual Shock, and have since failed to rectify their mistake. FPSes, or any genre where minute control over both sticks simultaneously is needed, are generally horrible on the PSX/PS2/PS3.
I agree with this little statement.

While the Xbox controller is horrendous when it comes to fighting games, playing any FPS on Xbox is far more enjoyable because of the analog placement.

You have to work at using the PS2 controller for an FPS while the Xbox controller is just right off the first go. When it comes to any genre game that uses both analog sticks, the Xbox controller is by far more comfortable.

Other than the shit D-pad, I don't see what the hell is so bad about Xbox's controller. I play fighting games on arcade stick any way.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Now that I think about it your right the way the Xbox Analogs are place is better for FPS but the difference is so small that I couldnt say that hate either controllers... what I can say is that I like both of them better than the Wii's controlers, cant get over the numchuck and the stupid retro style controler :twisted:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Bah, and thing you can do... I can do better with a keyboard and mouse.

It is hard to design a game, and then realize that you have to deal with the system's inputs, such as a controller. Sometimes it is intuitive, sometimes it is shoe-horned in.

I have no preference in controller, it is all about getting used to them to play the game. Any monkey can do that, doesn't mean have to like it though. However, we will never have a one size fits all, even if it is a keyboard and mouse.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Ayanami wrote:
LordMune wrote:Sony fucked up with the placement of the analog sticks on the original Dual Shock, and have since failed to rectify their mistake. FPSes, or any genre where minute control over both sticks simultaneously is needed, are generally horrible on the PSX/PS2/PS3.
I agree with this little statement.
That is because you are a sensible man.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I try to be.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

http://amazon.com/

Look on the right. It may be a Core and only 1000 units but it has the best chance to sell for $100. If you weren't planning to get a 360 because of the price or for whatever reason this may be a incentive. $100 shouldn't be a lot of any of us here.