Tokyo Game Show / Jamma AM show

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Apparently we were all wrong in thinking that Nero from DMC 4 is going to be Virgil or Nero Angelo, he is a totally new character and a knight protecting some European fortress where people worship Sparda (Dante and Virgil's father). He is the protagonist of the game, and Dante seems to actually be one of the enemies Nero will face in the game.

The Magic Box's Preview
ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

DarkenRahlX wrote: Square Enix may be showing their new MMO project at TGS, which is said not to be a sequal to FFXI.
I wish it was!! More elvaan females for me!

I like that they are trying a new character in DMC but it may be too late. I mean look at games that use a different character each time then look at the ones that stay with the same character. When they want to switch up and create a new character people complain about how better the original was.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

44th AM Show starts on the 14th of this month. If there are any announcements to be made about a new KOF it should be there and not at TGS.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

DarkenRahlX wrote:44th AM Show starts on the 14th of this month. If there are any announcements to be made about a new KOF it should be there and not at TGS.
SNKP will not be attending the AM Show.

Or so I heard.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Yeah...I just read that at the MMCafe board. There better be some kind of awesome fighting game there this year. Is Capcom attending?
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Tempest wrote:Apparently we were all wrong in thinking that Nero from DMC 4 is going to be Virgil or Nero Angelo, he is a totally new character and a knight protecting some European fortress where people worship Sparda (Dante and Virgil's father). He is the protagonist of the game, and Dante seems to actually be one of the enemies Nero will face in the game.

The Magic Box's Preview

What a joke, Dante is the reason DMC are great series. His attitude was perfect with chessy lines and the rock music.

Now we gotta play as some newbie knight,omg Raiden all over again.....

No more kicking ass Dante style, no more demons powers :(

Why not just make a spinoff of the series. A game with this dude and leave DMC for DANTE!!

The second biggest reason i was looking forward to PS3 just died for me.

If not the game sucks like DMC2 it will be alright sure but i cant just imagine DMC without Dante.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:What a joke, Dante is the reason DMC are great series. His attitude was perfect with chessy lines and the rock music.

Now we gotta play as some newbie knight,omg Raiden all over again.....

No more kicking ass Dante style, no more demons powers :(

Why not just make a spinoff of the series. A game with this dude and leave DMC for DANTE!!

The second biggest reason i was looking forward to PS3 just died for me.

If not the game sucks like DMC2 it will be alright sure but i cant just imagine DMC without Dante.
He's just a fucking character, for God's sake.

He doesn't make the game play as well as it does.

People like you is the reason why companies are afraid to try something new.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

People like you dont know what "if it isnt broken dont fix it" mean.

Even the gameplay wont be the same.

If games was only about gameplay and not story and characters it would be boring.

Which is why MGS is my fav series, there the story and characters are as important as the gameplay.

Its cheap of them to make it look like Dante is starring the game like in the trailers and every pic before this new ones.

They know the fans wouldnt care for the game without him so they make him some kind of a villain.

Hope atleast the gameplay doesnt suck so i can play it even though the main character might not be as cool Dante.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:If games was only about gameplay and not story and characters it would be boring.
Hahahahaha.

OK.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Well thats of course my kind of games.

Only sport and fighting games work without a story.

Splinter Cell is a good example decent gameplay but the most boring story and the way they told the story with those lame tv news made me stop playing it fast.

The thing that annoys me with DMC4 is that for several years they made us think it was a regular DMC like the others and now they change that totaly.

If they had said from the start, Dante is the villain and this dude is the hero, i wouldnt have cared knowing that its better than nothing.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

We have no idea how the character is Libaax, just chill and wait how the story turns out, they won´t change the style of the game that´s for sure.

Personally i think that fighting Dante as a game enemy is a very interesting approach.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Yeah, it hasn't been said that Dante is the antagonist or you won't get to play as him, just that Nero isn't him or Virgil. But he has a demon enhanced arm and a pistol or something, so if you squint really hard and see just the white hair, you won't be able to tell the diffrence.

Note to Capcom: Tall, non-descript, white haired guys with swords aren't the only people who can fight demons. If you are making a new character, making a new fucking character.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:Note to Capcom: Tall, non-descript, white haired guys with swords aren't the only people who can fight demons. If you are making a new character, making a new fucking character.
Tell that to Koji Igarashi and Ayami Kojima.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Femto wrote: Tell that to Koji Igarashi and Ayami Kojima.
I love Ayami Kojima, i ride her cock....
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Malvado wrote:I love Ayami Kojima, i ride her cock....
Have you seen the cover to Curse of Darkness?

The guy that has a shrunken head for some reason?

Yeah.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Femto wrote:The guy that has a shrunken head for some reason?
This one made me LOL. He does have a tiny head. And might I add that Curse of Darkness sucks a very large amount of balls.

Ayami has some sort of rule when it comes to vampires in which they must have white hair and use swords. But isn't the guy from Curse of Darkness not a vampire/demon? How does he have white hair? The system is out of balance!
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

More DMC4 from the-magicbox. Libaxx don't worry, several of the sceenshots say corny things like "Do it", "Big up", and "All that". So you can be sure it will keep the cheesy humor.

A new Tri-Ace rpg Infinite Undiscovery.
Last edited by Malvado on Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Famitsu also had an interview with Sakaguchi, some highlights (stolen from Gaf)(and then shamelessly stolen from gametrailers.com by Malvado):

- In the opening movie for Lost Odyssey you can seamlessly input commands for the battle scene.
- Combat is not action driven but command menu driven.
- The playable demo lasts for 40-60 minutes.
- The final game will have even higher quality than the demo(demo runs at 30fps).
- The modeling for the movies are almost identical to the realtime models.
- Inoue (the character designer) is personally checking all the models.
- The demo's battles will just the most basic part of the system. The more indepth systems will be excluded.
- The character growth systems and so on will be in the final game only.
- Surviving enemies inherit the powers of those who are killed.
- Since the main character cannot die either there will not be a possibility of game over.
- The final game will use a physics engine.
- The final text message on the playable demo was written by Shigematsu (scenario writer for the various short stories that make up the game).
- Lost Odyssey will be playable at TGS, with the demo disc being released with Famitsu in early November.
- Lost Odyssey will be out in 2007.
- Blue Dragon will DEFINITELY be released within 2006.
- ASH is being targeted for the first half of 2007.
- There will be more titles being announced from Mistwalker.

square-enix news. A DS FFXII prequel/sequel/sidestory about Vaan and Penelo "Revenant Wings". A modern day rpg "A wonderful world". And of course Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix.

Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Holy crap, was I wrong.

KOFXII, Samurai Shodown remake and KOF:MI (boring!).

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/News/voir_ne ... n=voirtout
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

What is that, a 3D Chain of Memories I see?

Get that card shit out of my face.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

LordMune wrote:What is that, a 3D Chain of Memories I see?

Get that card shit out of my face.
It's a minigame they added in KH2: Final Mix, so don't get your panties in a bunch.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Tempest wrote:Yeah, it hasn't been said that Dante is the antagonist or you won't get to play as him, just that Nero isn't him or Virgil. But he has a demon enhanced arm and a pistol or something, so if you squint really hard and see just the white hair, you won't be able to tell the diffrence.

Note to Capcom: Tall, non-descript, white haired guys with swords aren't the only people who can fight demons. If you are making a new character, making a new fucking character.
Exactly i was suprised, he is a new character but at the same time he isnt.

He is a clone of Dante.

Lazy of them.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Femto wrote:Holy crap, was I wrong.

KOFXII, Samurai Shodown remake and KOF:MI (boring!).

http://www.neo-arcadia.com/News/voir_ne ... n=voirtout

The new Samurai Showdown is going to be 3-D. *Cue depressing music*

For anyone who cares, The new KOF MI is just an arcade port of MI2 with at least one new character: Ash Crimson *barf*

Here are some vids from the show of all three games, even though KOF XII's is just the logo (The sound is shit, but it's better than nothing)

ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Courtesy of Seven_G at the Gamespot forums. Credits goes to him for translating.

This is the new info I translated from these Brasilian websites:

http://jogos.uol.com.br/previews/playst ... 98u91.jhtm

- the Devil Bringer works like a whip that brings enemies closer to you.

- The combo system is supposed to be identical to the last one.

- The enemies are full of special FX, especially the bosses (apparently they saw a Flaming Minotaur)

- Exclusive to PS3.

http://www.gametv.com.br/preview.show.c ... d=9&page=1

Translation of the most interesting paragraphs in the second link:

"Nero - or Nelo, the nickname used by Vergil, Dante's brother - has essentially the same abilities as Dante. Equiped with his magical sword, the Red Queen, the hero can surpass human limits and have enough strength to deal with even the strongest demons. However, this strength depends on the speed of the strikes: the hilt of the sword works just like a motorcycle's handle, and as it is pushed harder, the force of the delivered strikes will also be greater (se7en: Looks like this may be that speed system or whatever it was that Famitsu was talking about). Like his predessecor, Nero will also use firearms..." blah blah O'd

"The big novelty however is in the mysterious power known as "the Demon's (Devil's) Right Arm". Using some kind of supernatural force in his body, Nero can carry out various functions that are very different from Dante's Devil Trigger, like creating an energy-made arm to pull in, bind, throw or simply attack enemies. A balanced use of this new system, the sword and the guns is required in order to improve your style sequences."

Yeah, so this translation also Leads to Vergil as Nero.

Another piece of information, and one our musical fans like Eredh might like is this:

Fantastic news, Hostile Groove who created the lyrics for the music in Devil May Cry 3 are to do the same for the Devil May Cry movie and Devil May Cry 4! I really loved their music and providing it for these 2 will be stunning and we really know how much Capcom want the film to be a success!

http://shootiehg0.tripod.com/id28.html

Shamelessly stolen from gametrailers.com. Again.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I'm sure as long as Falcoon stays away from the 3D Sam Sho...it should come out fine... maybe.

Not too excited about KOF MI Alt. Could care less if Ash is in it. Unless they somehow REVAMPED the game play...I won't bother with it.

KOF XII...for some reason the logo reminds me of the glory days of KOF.

What is the Taito Type X II hardware? Looks to be a 6-7 button setup.