Other Manga

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

BDD
imanewbie

Other Manga

Post by BDD »

Hello, this is my first post here so I am a "newbie" so flame away. Anyway I know there is another manga recommedations thread, but right now I'm gonna try and stop reading Berserk as it comes out chapter by chapter as soon as its realeased. Its the only manga I have REALLY gotten into and really I prefer to read it in a big mass like 2-3 volumes at a time. So I'm gonna take a break on them til about June. What I wanna know is what other mangas that are similar to Berserk to tide me over til then. Something as dark, fucked up, and cool like Berserk. Not expecting anything to top it just to tide me over.
Quotes that are fun,
"Pray for a quick death, my sword is growing dull," Guts - Berserk

"Just call her Smithajones again or something, it don't matter.... none of this matters" Carl- Aqua Teen
hadi
This is my new home

Post by hadi »

waiting unitl June won't sum up to 3 volumes. It won't be a single volume as matter of fact. Try waiting for 3 years to get the mass of chapters that you want.

Away from that, I would recommend Blade of The Immortal and Gantz
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Re: Other Manga

Post by Eldo »

BDD wrote:Hello, this is my first post here so I am a "newbie" so flame away. Anyway I know there is another manga recommedations thread, but right now I'm gonna try and stop reading Berserk as it comes out chapter by chapter as soon as its realeased. Its the only manga I have REALLY gotten into and really I prefer to read it in a big mass like 2-3 volumes at a time. So I'm gonna take a break on them til about June. What I wanna know is what other mangas that are similar to Berserk to tide me over til then. Something as dark, fucked up, and cool like Berserk. Not expecting anything to top it just to tide me over.
oh some recommedations....well....try this:

http://www.evil-genius.us/forums/viewtopic.php?t=129

:P

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Geez, this reminds me of the discussion about not making your first post a thread starter. :roll:

Where are my authority powers when I need them?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

One manga I HIGHLY recommend is Bowling King. I hope Evil Genius picks this gem up...

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Vagabond,Hajime No Ippo,Death Note,Lone Wolf and Cub.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

DEATH NOTE!!
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
BDD
imanewbie

Post by BDD »

yeah probably waiting til June won't but I cant wait three years lol but it should be better than reading one chapter every once in a while. And thx for the recommends, that'll help.... I've been thinking of Death Note anyway cause it looks cool. I'll check on the others too.
Quotes that are fun,
"Pray for a quick death, my sword is growing dull," Guts - Berserk

"Just call her Smithajones again or something, it don't matter.... none of this matters" Carl- Aqua Teen
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I recomend reading a chapter or two of the mangas that we recomended and decide which to read first.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran