R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

R.I.P. Steve Irwin

Post by Buzkashi »

A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

holy shit :?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I could scarcely believe my ears when I heard about that. Here's the guy that used to wrestle crocodiles, snakes, and have been under many life-threatening situations, it's hard to believe he was killed by a stingray barb to the heart. I can't say that he was a favourite personality in Australia, but he did bring some kind of fame to Australia, I guess. My condolences to his family.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

I didn't see this one coming....wow... :cry:
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

i was wondering how a stingray coudl kill him..well here is how :?. man 14 inch serated, sharp, bone-hard barb to the chesT?

Injury: There are two aspects of a stingray injury. The first is direct trauma from the stingray spine or stinger. The stinger (usually one, but some species have up to four) is a modified fin spine located at the base of the ray's tail. The spine has rows of incredibly sharp one-way barbs resembling the serrated blade of a knife. The spine is bone-hard, has a pointed end, and can be up to fourteen inches long. When stepped on, the stingray flips its tail forward or sometimes side-to-side when reflexively stinging. This produces the typical injury pattern on the top of the foot or in the lower leg. More severe injuries occur when the spine enters the chest or abdomen. Deaths have been reported from injuries to vital organs such as the heart or from lacerations of major arteries. In addition to these injuries, the spine and/or the sheath are often left imbedded into the victim, complicating infections secondary to the presence of a foreign body under the skin.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Interesting indeed....thanks for looking that up. I went to the messageboards on Yahoo for that article and people were bashing him left and right....and they wouldn't shut up about Jews either...Yahoo scares me.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Thats pretty shocking. I liked him and his love for animals showed. I always laughed at how crazy he was. R.I.P
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Damn, that's crazy shit. R.I.P Steve.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Poor guy, what a way to go...
He was very popular here too. And was so enthusiastic about animals...

Rest in peace
42ndEndOfTheWorld
This is my new home

Post by 42ndEndOfTheWorld »

RIP
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

Sorry to see him pass away so soon. RIP. The guy ruled :cry:
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

The dude was funny even though annoying sometimes, he's love for animals is an admirable thing. But when I heard this, I thought it was another false rumour, because some year ago some reliable sources reported that he died.
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

RIP. ya those yahoo boards are pretty damn scary
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
ZombieToaster
Mastered PM

Post by ZombieToaster »

I was on newgrounds.com and watched a crappily done flash movie that said in memory of steve irwing at the end. I thought it was a joke but checked cnn´s site just to be sure. sadly i was wrong :(
Groovy!
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I was pretty surprised when my mother told me about that this morning when I got up. It was just like "Hey guess what? I just head that Steve Irwin guy died." I always thought he was going to go out by being mauled by a croc, but this threw me for a loop. I guess his wife doesn't even know because she is out on some hiking trip in some remote location with little or no outside contact. I read about it on Fark.com, and though it might be in bad taste, I saw this on there and had to chuckle.

I'll get my handbasket ready for when I go to Hell. RIP Steve.
ImageImage
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

The Internet can be such a cruel place, it's pretty sad really, as in lame. Well, that's only because the majority of the population is immature, stupid people. I mean, that picture's not even funny, regardless of the content. Anyway, it is kind of ironic how the poor guy died. I mean, he may as well have been mauled to death by a rabbit, geez.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

That image is fucked.
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Definitely not saving that picture...I read the Yahoo article after they expanded on it and it said that it was just completely bad luck that he was killed like that. They said that it was one of the rarest deaths that could occur. Which sucks because Irwin was floating above it most likely about to show what a magnificent creature it was. But I guess to aminals we are counted as predators too... My mom said she watched the news today and it said that that area was known for its sharks that eat the stingrays so its possible that the stingray may have just gotten past an encounter with the shark was pissed off already. If it weren't Steve Irwin that got hit, I would make a sappy joke, but this really knocked my sense of humor down today...no wonder its raining I say, even the Earth mourns...
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

OH SHI

:cry:
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Yeah, he was working on some project that he and his 8 year old daughter had been wanting to work on, and ended up being stung right in the heart by the stingray he was filming.

Pretty sad that he leaves behind 2 children and his wife, and that he dies from something that so rarely happens. People only die from Stingrays when they pierce your heart or other major organs, or lacerate an artery.

People on the internet feel like they can be fuckheads over something like this because of the fact that they can be anonymous. I bet if you asked the same person on the Yahoo boards who's saying "That aussie got what he deserved! Stupid convict." what they thought of him in real life, they'd talk about how great he is because they wouldn't want to offend the wrong person and get their ass flattened.

I'm personally pretty saddened by this. He seemed like a really nice guy and I enjoyed watching the show from time to time. However I didn't enjoy the movie, but hey, what can ya do.
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Agreed, my wife and I are saddened by this, we loved his work.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

If you have problems with that image, you are a hippocrite. I told my family about him dieing too, personally it didn't effect me but it wasn't that cool either. Croc jokes just don't hit the spot anymore(maybe except the ones on madtv).
MPD Psycho
imanewbie

Post by MPD Psycho »

If you have problems with that image, you are a hippocrite. I told my family about him dieing too, personally it didn't effect me but it wasn't that cool either
So if you and your family don`t care about him that means that making fun of the guy on the day he dies is in good taste an we are hipocrites?? That`s quite hmmm....interesting point of view.
I just say it`s cruel which I could understand (not approve) if it was funny but it`s fucking not.
In general what Starnum wrote says what I think. It`s a shame that so many people wouldn`t even know that this is wrong. They would just say "Oh, datz shitz funny haha LOL" ....Pathetic.
RIP
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

RAWR forum fight!
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

It must be that time of the year, because there is a serious upswing of pissy-ness going around lately. :P