Berserk Chapter: 278

Evil_Genius' Berserk community, Kentaro Miura's epic masterpiece, still active and translated. (Please don't ask about older Volumes. Buy from DarkHorse and support Miura.)

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Berserk Chapter: 278

Post by psi29a »

BERSERK

Torrent: [Evil_Genius]Berserk_v32c278.rar

Yeeeee haw!
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

First...

Dling chapter. Good stuff in advanced.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Buzkashi wrote:First...

Dling chapter. Good stuff in advanced.
I was first before you in the other thread. 8)
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Very good chapter. As the Premier member of the Buzkashi-Femto-Miura Trifecta I gve my many thanks for you guys for translating my great works into your filthy language.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
lock
imanewbie

Post by lock »

I can no longer just lurk on this forum :P.

First of all I'd like to thank you guys for translating this _awesome_ manga. I know it's not much, but still, thank you :x.

Going on-topic now:

Wow what a great chapter again. The retreat of the kushan army came as a 'suprise'. In a way that I guess it was kind of predictable, especially with the surpise of their 'king' being hurt. And Zodd, well I guess most of the people here agree that Zodd is made out of man and honour. Especially how he tryed to get Guts back up on his feet, maybe to make sure he wouldn't die, or maybe to do one final check to see if Guts was infact someone who could match up with his incredible strength.

The party standing up for Guts was abit out of place, in my honoust opinion. Meaning that the general feeling I had with 'Guts' was that he was more of a lone ranger. Of course this has changed the last couple of chapters. But them standing up for Guts feels more like a RPG, then something that really fits with Guts. But that's just me, maybe hoping that Guts will stay the awesome 'lone ranger' he was.

And then there is the the big guy. He seemed like a strong warrior, and because I lurked more then posted here, you guys probaly already have a theory about him :P. I myself think he might play a significant role on the boatm maybe protecting them.

And the last few scenes, they were incredible. Might have been the music I was listening, but the scene felt incredible full of emotion. Griffith watching over the battlefield, with the eyes saying: (and again just what I think :P) "Guts you are mine forever". Not really sure what Guts could be thinking. In a way I think he's just glad he can rest.
ic3y
imanewbie

Post by ic3y »

Buzkashi wrote:Very good chapter. As the Premier member of the Buzkashi-Femto-Miura Trifecta I gve my many thanks for you guys for translating my great works into your filthy language.

I concur! Fantastic release.

I wonder how long until they make it to Elfhelm?
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

It has come to my attention that I have made the wrong filenames for the pngs for 278, I called it 277 by accident.

Sorry guys, to all the people on the first glance, it is indeed 278. None of the staff picked up on this either, including myself. I was just happy to get it done and dished out to the masses.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
elric le tueur d'amis
Mastered PM

Post by elric le tueur d'amis »

the "big guy" is Azan,former knight of the iron chain,he will join the band and fight the vilains with them,I guess :D .
That guy won''t give up!!
Kill him!!
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Thanks you very much for this release, fine gentlemen.

And another guy joined the group, even if he doesn´t know it yet, they won´t get far with only that tiny raft with that number of people.
mediocre
imanewbie

Post by mediocre »

Is Griffith giving Guts his evil eye? I can' tell, the iris looks to be of his sinister variety, but usually his eyes are drawn in the more classic inward-slant to denote his evil eye which isnt the case here.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

elric le tueur d'amis wrote:the "big guy" is Azan,former knight of the iron chain,he will join the band and fight the vilains with them,I guess :D .
My theory is that it isn't Azan, but his twin brothre Bazan!

ImageImage
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

WOW..... just WOW... thats the only way i can sum it up... to all of your naysayers saying the story isn't moving... eat it... just wow
Bow to Golbez
xebeth
imanewbie

Post by xebeth »

thanks for the release. great chapter, now to wait again :p
mirrored! http://xebeth.free.fr/[Evil_Genius]Berserk_v32c278.rar [11162fff]
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

Fast, very fast. I luv u guys.
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
altares
imanewbie

Post by altares »

doumo arigatou ^^
One day, one man...
BigSassy
Mastered PM

Post by BigSassy »

lock wrote:The party standing up for Guts was abit out of place, in my honoust opinion. Meaning that the general feeling I had with 'Guts' was that he was more of a lone ranger. Of course this has changed the last couple of chapters. But them standing up for Guts feels more like a RPG, then something that really fits with Guts.
If you're talking about Serpico, I didn't see it as him standing up for Guts. Serpico saw Guts about to endanger the party, and in particular Farneese, and put a stop to it. Same thing happened when Guts came back for Farneese and he challenged Guts to a duel, only he wasn't succesfull then.

I'm wouldn't be surprised if Miura revists Serpico's mistrust of Guts in regards to the safety of Farneese in the chapters ahead, but that's a topic for the Stupid Theories thread :P
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I am satisfied.
Zman1
imanewbie

Post by Zman1 »

thanx i am forever in the teams debt.
stafilo
imanewbie

Post by stafilo »

can't say i wasn't expecting something like it...

Zodds sense of honour, Guts' responsibility to his group... Both characteristics that evolved and were carefully focused in the former chapters. So, to keep up the thread about 'the manga getting cold'. That's why i like Berserk's narrative: Miura evolves his characters very well. They are coherent when they act, and every change in their personality happens slowly, as it would be in real life.

Great chapter, great work from EG on the translation - as always.

PS: Damn you Libaax, thanks to you I can't stop reading Hajime no Ippo. Now I guess i need TWO mangas to keep living :D
Hyuri
imanewbie

Post by Hyuri »

Well not the most exciting of chapters but still good enough.

I did get a kick about what Serpico pointed out:
"Goodness, he seems to have gotten up solely for the sake of talking trash..." That was just hilarious!!
It sure is frightening to see how Griffith gave Gattz the look (a hawk before its prey). We all know how dangerous Griffith really is, I'm intrigued as to see the development of things to come ( :roll: aren't we all).

Thanks to everyone who has made the translation and the distribution possible. Here's to you :beer:
Daiceman9
imanewbie

Post by Daiceman9 »

Is it just me, or does Zodd's single horn keep getting bigger and bigger? Page 8 shows it quite well, his right horn is almost doubble the size of whats left of his left horn. Is this intentional?
TheDrizzit
Beware my tactical spam

Post by TheDrizzit »

Holy crap...great chapter!!! One thing though...the last panels, was it just me or was it his right eye slowly opening??? It looked drawn as it and while I know that his eye probably wont open back up, still...the way it's drawn....looks like the right eye anyway.
That's right!! Another pointless post by me bitches!!! HA!
coungpow
imanewbie

Post by coungpow »

SOOO Fast thanks guys fantastic chapter.

lock wrote:
The party standing up for Guts was abit out of place, in my honest opinion. Meaning that the general feeling I had with 'Guts' was that he was more of a lone ranger. Of course this has changed the last couple of chapters. But them standing up for Guts feels more like a RPG, then something that really fits with Guts.

BigSassy wrote:
If you're talking about Serpico, I didn't see it as him standing up for Guts. Serpico saw Guts about to endanger the party, and in particular Farneese, and put a stop to it. Same thing happened when Guts came back for Farneese and he challenged Guts to a duel, only he wasn't succesfull then.

I think you're right that he was looking out for the group especially Farneese however I think he was also looking out for guts. Serpico has changed especially after his and Guts last duel, he is still worried about the danger Guts brings to Farnesse however he regards Guts as a friend. Also Zodd even while in the heat of battle is honorable and doesn’t like slaying the weak just to kill he wouldn't harm the party, just Guts...

lock wrote:
And the last few scenes, they were incredible. Might have been the music I was listening, but the scene felt incredible full of emotion. Griffith watching over the battlefield, with the eyes saying: (and again just what I think :P) "Guts you are mine forever". Not really sure what Guts could be thinking. In a way I think he's just glad he can rest.

Couldn't agree more that wasn't Griffith's evil eye that was how he used to look intently at Guts, it may not have been "Guts you are mine forever" but more that he will get Guts back, one way or another...

Bummer about the month long wait till our next Berserk Fix however its always well worth the wait.
Chaos_Wanderer
Found the Edit button

Post by Chaos_Wanderer »

Excellent chapter guys.

"Goodness, he seems to have gotten up solely for the sake of talking trash..." thats one of the best quotes i've read in the last couple volumes.
I'm glad to see they're finally on there way. they finally have a chance to get everyone fixed up.
also, its good to see Azan. I don't think he'll live forever, but some wisdom to guide them would be handy. Plus Guts already seems to have a level of respect for him
I'd like to agree with TheDrizzit. i went back and it does look like Guts Right Eye. and since i was back i checked out Griffiths eyes again. I have so much respect for the effort Miura will put into a single look. The impression i got was Griffith has a plan for Guts and not the look a hawk gives his prey.
Painfulchaos
imanewbie

Great Chapter

Post by Painfulchaos »

:D Thnx to the team for this amazing chapter and I too got a kick out of the fact it seems that he got up just to talk trash. And the build up between Guttz and Zodd is just too great, I can't wait to see what will become for the two of them and their weird hate/friendly/respectful/wanna fight to the end relationship lol (sorry couldn't really think of any other way to put it).