Shin Angyo Onshi

Have a fetish for dead wood comics, or you just like the better story development of the Manga? Post about 'em here.

Moderator: EG Members

Aldarion
imanewbie

Re: Shin Angyo Onshi

Post by Aldarion »

It sure is getting interesting as hell... I can't wait for new releases :(
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

Apparently this fucking awesome series is ending!!! Only 2 more volumes, people will die because of that, fo sure!
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

It is probably a good thing though. How many series have been ruined because they can't seem to stop?

I've been waiting for the end now, but I will be getting the books when they get all out. It is a great epic story, and all the characters have been explored in depth. I don't expect an happy ending though.
Finito

Post by Finito »

It is probably a good thing though. How many series have been ruined because they can't seem to stop?
I disagree, the series dont get ruinded because they are too long, but because the author just cant find good enough inspiration and continues to add shit.
and all the characters have been explored in depth.
I beleive this is relative to each reader, so I'm not disagreeing your opinion here, in which they judge what would be interesting to know about, see doing, see happening, etc with the characters or story. In my case I'm still not satisfied.
I don't expect an happy ending though.
I guess the ending wont be happy, but still not totaly bad too, something like a to be followed, but that we will never see, so that readers have to finish the story however they like, these tend to be my most hated endings. And will most probably feel rushed to me, will see if the authors can manage to satisfy me with a denouement and conclusion in just 2 volumes for such a great series.
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

Sure, there is great series that goes long out there. I'm thinking of OP or HNI for example. But for these series, how many others went 10 volumes too long, when they would have been perfectly fine the way they were? Fact is, most of the authors can come up with decent shit for 10-20 volumes, but then it goes down. Mostly because the mangakas knows what story they want to tell for about 10-20 volumes, and then they choose to extend it based on popularity. And it is not like they can't see it coming, the train wreck that Bleach became is a good example. It would have been better to extend the Soul Society Arc, say 5-7 volumes, give all the characters the exposure they deserved and that's it. But no, they had to go and keep going with fan-service/crap/powerups etc and a vague plot story made up as it goes.

You can look, ALL the main characters in SAO have been explored in depth, Aji Tae is getting his story made right now. Sure I would have like to hear more about that creepy lord (forgot his name) and others, but unlike others mangas I didn't care that much because the story of the main protagonists is so much more interesting.

I think the author set his mind on a story he wanted to tell, stich to it and wraps it up tiddily. NOthing else to add. There's nothing wrong about that. He might make spin-ups, who knows, but as far as SAO is concerned, it's well-done and wise.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

Finito wrote:Apparently this fucking awesome series is ending!!! Only 2 more volumes, people will die because of that, fo sure!

this series has been over since last september I fairly certain.
"Context is for Kings"
Finito

Post by Finito »

If thats true, unless something happened, the authors next work should pop out anytime soon. Hope its good.
Grahf
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Grahf »

well the artist and the author both did Island and Dejavu together. I read Island and it was aaaaaaaaaa so so.
"Context is for Kings"
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

OMG thats horrible news !

I wanted this manhwa to be uber long. Why do they great ones stop early and the crappy ones ala Naruto go on forever......

The plus side is that the great artist of Island(one of the best art i have ever in a western comic or manga or manhwa) can do a new series. Hopefully as dark and cool looking as Island.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran