Wiiiiiiii thread.

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I will have to check out Edge sometime. Does it just cover games or do they throw in some movies, dvds, gadgets, anime, women like some other mags?

Also, last friday a woman came into my work and asked me if we had any Wiis, I told her we didnt but we were expecting some on sunday. Her reply was: "Oh, so they are sin Wiis?" I couldnt help but laugh, so she huffed and walked out.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

I want a sin Wii!!!
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Post by Psycho Wolvesbane »

Apparently when I was going to pick up my Wii from pre-order a few hours after launch this guy came into the store wondering where his preorder was, he was one of those unlucky few that didn't get on the supplies list, but he started having a tantrum apparently with some of my fellow colleagues then with my assistant manger himself saying that seeing as he preordered one he could just take one from those that had already come in, i.e. mine. They (my colleagues) wouldn't have it of course so they told him to go home and wait.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

the employee's are suspposed to go to the back of the list when a problem like that arises. Your co-workers were in the wrong place.

At least it wasn't as bad that when I came in they told me they sold mine to some regular customer. Not to mention that I was the first name on the pre-order list and was outside when they held their pre-orders.
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Bastards! Well i've been working with them for 2 years, also our deal with preorders is for them to to be delivered to your home, but you can chose to collect it in your local Woolies branch where I work, and I would not have been home to collect it if it arrived.

Also when you go in for collection you cannot pick up any other person's In-store Collection item without proof of purchase or identity, so when they nutter came in saying he should be able to take someone else's then he was tottaly in the wrong as the only Wii's we had in stock were for people to pick up through In-Store Collection, and his wasn't one of them unfortunately.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Internet Channel trial is up.

It's pretty good for YouTube.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

Anyone got an idea on when the wii shortage should be over? I really want to get one, but I'm willing to wait to let the local wal-mart people live without my constant pestering.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I'm having the same problem with Best Buy. I got a gift card a few months ago and I wanted to use it to pay off most of the Wii, but the people there either don't know or won't say when new shipments come in, so it is incredibly frustrating. It seems to me to would be way more benefical for them to say "We are supposed to be getting in a shipment in on ____" instead of "Well, we a dur, we don't know, I guess you should just keep coming in in the mornings to check and see."

I work retail, so I know that when you don't know when something is going to be in, it makes customers want to go somewhere else that will be more accomodating. And with 2 friends working at Gamestop, if I didn't have a $200 gift card, I wouldn't be going anywhere near Best Buy for my Wii.
ImageImage
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

There have been reports recently of people trying to trade PS3's as an even trade for a Wii, and just eating the extra cost they payed for the PS3. Most likely these are the people who bought 5 of them on opening day, and now that the excitements dropping since the fanboys all got theirs opening day they can't unload them for the price they wanted to on the various trading websites.

I'm still loving the Wii. Only problem is I can never seem to find decent games stocked at the video rental stores. But then again there really aren't that many games out. Mostly just looking to try Call of Duty 3. Anyone have any opinions if they've played that title?
Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Tempest: Best Buy employees are not allowed to tell people when shipments will come in, its a company policy. Most of them dont know anyways, but the people working in the warehouse can look up to see if any Wiis are in transit. Though it wont tell them if they are until a couple days before they actually get them.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

Tempest wrote:I work retail, so I know that when you don't know when something is going to be in, it makes customers want to go somewhere else that will be more accomodating. And with 2 friends working at Gamestop, if I didn't have a $200 gift card, I wouldn't be going anywhere near Best Buy for my Wii.
Where did you get a $200 gift card from?
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:I'm having the same problem with Best Buy. I got a gift card a few months ago and I wanted to use it to pay off most of the Wii, but the people there either don't know or won't say when new shipments come in, so it is incredibly frustrating. It seems to me to would be way more benefical for them to say "We are supposed to be getting in a shipment in on ____" instead of "Well, we a dur, we don't know, I guess you should just keep coming in in the mornings to check and see."

I work retail, so I know that when you don't know when something is going to be in, it makes customers want to go somewhere else that will be more accomodating. And with 2 friends working at Gamestop, if I didn't have a $200 gift card, I wouldn't be going anywhere near Best Buy for my Wii.
You could easily use the gift card to buy peripherals and games and get the console itself somewhere else.

An extra Wiimote and Nunchuk + Zelda wil easily fetch over a 100 bucks.

If you get the Classic controller and maybe another game, you're pretty much set.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Psycho Wolvesbane wrote: Where did you get a $200 gift card from?
My family loves me a lot. That and they have pretty much given up on buying me video games after a couple of years ago when I asked for Shin Megami Tensei and Taiko Drum Master and they had no fucking clue what I was talking about. So basically they either give me gift cards or just straight cash.

Femtov2 wrote:You could easily use the gift card to buy peripherals and games and get the console itself somewhere else.

An extra Wiimote and Nunchuk + Zelda wil easily fetch over a 100 bucks.

If you get the Classic controller and maybe another game, you're pretty much set.
At this point that seems to be my only course of action. I already slipped and used $40 of it to get a WiFi Adaptor, and as fun as playing Mario Kart DS on WFC is, I was looking to get the Wii ASAP. And I could think of tons of stuff to spend that on anyways, ala Wii Points, a Classic controller, or the steadily increasing number of GC games I missed out on.

As for the extra Nunchuck, I'm just goign to pre-order Wii Play from Gamestop, you get a free controller if you pre-order it, and from the looks of it, while it might be fun, I doubt Wii Play will be worth $50 without a controller added onto it.
ImageImage
Psycho Wolvesbane
Mastered PM

You only get the remote free with Wii Play, not an extra Nunchuk extension. However there is only 1 mini-game that uses the Nunchuk and that's the Tanks game, but it's probably one of the more fun multiplayers, so that means you'd want to get another nunchuk to do it with 2 or more people.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I finally got a motherfucking Wii. (w00tzors!)

I picked up Zelda and Trauma Centerwith it, so I should be set on gaming for a little while.

And it's raining in Shanghai
ImageImage
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Where did ya find one? Best Buy?
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Ayanami wrote:Where did ya find one? Best Buy?

I got the games and a GC memory card from Best Buy, but the Wii I got from Gamestop. I called there on Sunday and Shane told me that he would let me know ASAP if they got a Wii shipment in on his watch. They got one and he let me know.

*edit* This edit has been brought to you by the Wii Opera Browser. :kekeke::PLUS1:
ImageImage
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

*Disclaimer* I don't really care if this is a double post, I'm too lazy to do something about it, if the mods do, then by all means they can change it as they see fit.

Anywho, apparently some Australian guy has modded some Wireless versions of the original NES and SNES controllers to use on the Wii's Virtual Console games. Fucking brilliant if you ask me.

http://www.ppl-pilot.com/
ImageImage
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

5 player bomberman is the best thing on the wii right now.

lower left hand black bomberman for the win!
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Today I saw some wiis in stock at a Hastings. It was around 2 pm, so it's probably safe to say that the wii shortage is over.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

What the hell is Hastings? If I can walk down the street to "Power Gamer" and find one it is over....oh shit i forget only people that buy madden visit.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Wii is awesome.

If you don't have one though, you're better off waiting 6-12 months until we get more good games.

Right now it's only Super Paper Mario in April and then god knows what else.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Well, it looks like buying Metal Slug Anthologies is a bit of a moot point now.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:Well, it looks like buying Metal Slug Anthologies is a bit of a moot point now.
Great news.

I already have a neo though, so it makes no difference to me.

Still pretty awesome though.
dialdfordesi

Post by dialdfordesi »

Malvado wrote:What the hell is Hastings?
It's a book/music/videogame store that's all over the place in at least Nebraska and Kansas. I checked and they still had one when I bought Fight Night Round 3, so at least here in shit-kickerville the Wii shortage is at least starting to wind down.
Trust me, I'm a doctor!