Video Game Mini-Reviews

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Deathbringer
n00b eater

Re: Video Game Mini-Reviews

Post by Deathbringer »

Well, Dante must Die is nowhere near as fucking impossible as DMC3, that´s retarded level of difficulty is probably reserved for Hell or Hell.

There´s still those shields that give extra life and strength but it´s only appears in one guy at a time, that alone makes it doable. The enemies are hardly knocked out and the bosses rarely give a chance to grab them now.

Good fun all in all.

Also, am i the only one who think it´s annoying the fact that in beginning of the gameeverybody keep telling Nero that he´s "special" and connected to Sparda and when the game ends, no one fucking cares anymore?
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Deathbringer wrote:Also, am i the only one who think it´s annoying the fact that in beginning of the gameeverybody keep telling Nero that he´s "special" and connected to Sparda and when the game ends, no one fucking cares anymore?
That is perfectly natural- everybody's dead. Kyrie doesn't care, and it's not Dante's style to give a shit. But yeah, it's heavily implied enough that some splinter of Vergil's essence is firmly lodged in Nero (possibly since birth, it being ~20 years since DMC3 if DMC1's intro is to be believed), probably all that wasn't reshaped into Nelo Angelo by Mundus after DMC3.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Do you fags seriously plan on arguing about the storyline in a DMC game?

Jesus.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:Do you fags seriously plan on arguing about the storyline in a DMC game?

Jesus.
Anyone who actually argues about the DMC storyline is a faggot. It's straight as an arrow and completely secondary to everything else.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

No arguing, but I was going to add "the plot sucked" to the list of things wrong with DMC2. I mean, it doesn't compare to the other games at least, for what plot there is, IMO.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

What is this DMC2 you speak of?
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

*bites his tongue*
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Turok

Pretty intense game but it left me wanting more... I guess I should develop video games so I can get the perfect game :D ... but anyway the game gets a solid 8.0. The things I thought was lacking was a smarter AI for the soilder and only a little smarter dinos. Also there was no melee attack with the weapons, what the hell is up with that??? There was also something they could have did with like a third person view or more variety in the animated kills. But still it had a pretty good story and situational moments... so rent it ... it shouldnt take you long to beat.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

I only played the Turok demo which sucked huge balls. But yesterday I've seen a trailer for Army of Two which looks rad, especially with another player co-oping the campaign.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I finally got off my ass and beat Son of Sparda. Heaven & Hell aaaaw yeah. (I'd rather not think about Dante Must Die at the moment.)

It's not DMC3, but goddamn DMC4 is a fantastic game.

I'm watching a Let's Play of DMC2 at the moment, some australian chick playing through the game on DMD, and I am stunned. It looks like ass. Complete ass. Combos dependent on analog stick input? Flying enemies that you're just supposed to spam Ebony & Ivory at? Underpowered Devil Arms and overpowered guns? Giant gorillas? What the fuck is this shit?
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Heaven & Hell aaaaw yeah. (I'd rather not think about Dante Must Die at the moment.)
Why?

Are you implying that Heaven or Hell is easier than DMD? I know that it was on DMC3 special edition but i never played it.

Right now, i´m on mission 13 of DMD, it´s been kicking my ass most of the time but Echidna was really nothing special.

Trickster is a gift from heavens but i really should try to learn to use Royal Guard since every good player uses this style almost exclusively.
I'm watching a Let's Play of DMC2 at the moment, some australian chick playing through the game on DMD, and I am stunned. It looks like ass. Complete ass. Combos dependent on analog stick input? Flying enemies that you're just supposed to spam Ebony & Ivory at? Underpowered Devil Arms and overpowered guns? Giant gorillas? What the fuck is this shit?
1 ) It wasn´t made by Capcom.

2) I killed the last fucking boss with Ebony and Ivory only.

3) It doesn´t exist.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Deathbringer wrote:Are you implying that Heaven or Hell is easier than DMD? I know that it was on DMC3 special edition but i never played it.
Er, everything dies in one hit. It's not so much "easier" than DMD as the "comedy option" of the game.
1 ) It wasn´t made by Capcom.
Er, yes it was. DMC is a Capcom IP, but it was developed by a different team.
2) I killed the last fucking boss with Ebony and Ivory only.
I am not surprised.
3) It doesn´t exist.
Sounds about right.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Rented Lost Planet: Extreme Condition yesterday. Damn what a bad game. The character moves slow ass, but besides that it is easy as hell. I can take 10 rockets straight to the face and still not die, enemies take like 10 bullets from the gatling gun to die, and on top of that it has probably the worst AI since doom. The guys just stand there waiting for me to come around and kill them. They don't even move or try to take cover, or flank me.

Don't know why there was so much hassle about the game when it came out for the 360.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I beat Devil May Cry 4 in every game mode.

Dante Must Die is not bad if you have enough healing items.

Heaven or Hell is a joke and Hell and Hell is bullshit.

I don't know why I played it so much after hating on it for so long.

I guess the combat kept drawing me back but I remembered why I hated the game every time it forced me to switch to Dante and replay half the game.

I noticed some smaller, stupid thing in the game as well.

Like why must there be a cutscene every time those red barriers appear?

Can't these just do that in real time and not break up the action?

This game is just a huge slap in the face but I guess the combat is still there, even if it is just a stripped down DMC3.

I hope DMC5 doesn't blow like this one did and that they actually try to add some new elements to the game whenever it comes out.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:Like why must there be a cutscene every time those red barriers appear?
Removing those fucking hands is the most progressive thing a DMC game has ever done.
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Maybe they alternate to build up for the next one. That way the next game will always be better by comparison.

DMC1, make bad one, DMC3, make bad one, DMC5.
"Clearly my escape had not been anticipated, or my benevolent master would not have expended such efforts to prevent me from going. And if my departure displeased him, then that was a victory, however small, for me." - Raziel
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Rented Lost and Army of Two yesterday. Lost is a mediocre game through and through, doesn't really answer any Lost questions or bring up new, because after like half an hour they already blow the hatch open which happened at the end of season 1.

Army of Two, well it has some nice team elements, sure will be funny in the coop mode. But damn fucking protagonists and story. That's a completely war-glorifying game. The complete opposite of COD4 which shows the horrors of war.

This explains it better than me:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/03/07
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I was thinking about renting that Lost game, though I don't expect much of anything from it. One question though, what the hell kind of game is it? Is it like a puzzle/strategy game or what? Is there combat? I'm just wondering how it plays, I'm sure it's only mediocre at best.
Aetherfukz
Tastes like burning!

Post by Aetherfukz »

Although there is a picture of you holding a handgun on the back, I didn't get so far to see any combat. The game is like a point and click advanture without the point and click. I played the game for about an hour, and already was past the first season of the show. It was like boom! - Talk to the survivors - navigate a dark cave - see some flashback of your past - navigate the jungle - talk some more to the survivors - hear an explosion when they blow the hatch up. That's where I ended it when Sayid wouldn't let me get down the hatch because nobody (even I, damn amnesia) knew if I could be trusted.

So it's really like an oldschool advanture. You find some stuff for your inventory which you use later one, you talk alot, and worst of all: You cannot ever go anywhere the game doesn't want you to go. Want to go behind that tree? Ups sorry invisible level barrier. Jack not letting you get into the jungle because of the shadowy monster? Sorry can't just go 5 meters left from him into the jungle.

And on top of all that, If I hadn't seen the show I wouldn't have known what the fuck was going on, because the pacing is so fast and you don't really see and of the meaningful sequences, it was basically crash, monster, blow hatch. Oh and inbetween get knocked out by the others, but they just vanished after the hit.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I...see. Well, sounds about right I guess. Okay, thanks for the info.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

[bold statement] Persona 3 FES is probably the best RPG on the PS2.[/bold statement]

It's definitely the best $30 I've ever spent on my PS2.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Persona 3 bored me after no more than 4 hours.

If you've played one Shin Megami Tensei game you've played them all.

I'm never touching the game (or the series most likely) again.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

MGS4 > All Creation :P
War Machine
Tastes like burning!

Post by War Machine »

Limit of Fun, as x tends to infinity equals MGS4.
DrPepperPro
Dirty Sennin

Post by DrPepperPro »

Romance of the Three Kingdoms 8 for PS2.
This is a great strategy game based off an even greater book. I've been playing it on and off for about 5 years, and I still never get bored of it.