Video Game Mini-Reviews

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Femto
Devourer of Children

Video Game Mini-Reviews

Post by Femto »

As the title implies, give a brief summary/review of what you think of a certain game you're playing (or have played). You can give a score if you like.

It's kinda like a "what's in your console" thing, only less retarded.

I'm doing mine quick and dirty, but doing a "not-so-mini" review is always welcome. The following is a product of my extensive use of the DS and it's GBA backwards compatibility:

Megaman Zero 2 (GBA): Great game but hard as fucking hell.

Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA): One of the better Zelda games and quite challenging too.

Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (DS): Excellent. 'Nuff said.

Animal Crossing (DS): Surprisingly fun, very intuitive controls (with the stylus).

New Super Mario Bros. (DS): It's alright, far from being the second coming.

Killer 7 (GC): I'll beat it someday but right now (many hours into the game already) it's been extremely disappointing.
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

This thread makes me happy in my pants.

Polariam - Nintendo DS - This game is over shadowed by Meteos hard core. Amazing puzzle game with great challenge. This is a thinking man's game and I think it beats the crap out of Meteos.

King of Fighters XI - Playstation 2 (NTSC-J) - This game is the most fun I have had with a fighter in a long time. Best KOF evar.

Ibara - Playstation 2 (NTSC-J) - Great game, I am biased because there are few shooters I don't like. But this game is just fantastic.

That is all I have been playing really. I am starting to get back in to the groove of gaming thanks to my Jap PS2. So I will probably post some more once I start playing some other stuff.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Re: Video Game Mini-Reviews

Post by halfnhalf »

Femto wrote:Killer 7 (GC): I'll beat it someday but right now (many hours into the game already) it's been extremely disappointing.
ahh ive been deciding if i should be buying this game or not.

Mech Assault 2 (Xbox)- Fun, short, but the first mech assault is better.

Winning Eleven 9 (ps2)- Got a multitap, friends and someone to get you into futbol, then you will have a fun time playing this game.

Virtua Tennis World Tour (psp)- omg soo much freaking fun and simple. fun as hell when playing friends too.

Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (x360)- they way ghost recon should be like. Single fun, multiplayer is fucking awesome.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

(Forbidden) Siren 2 (PS2) - not as scary and at second glance not as convoluted as the first game, but with a less retarded engine and the storyline is still top-notch.

Ratchet & Clank (PS2) - Picked this up again after a year, closing in on the end. It has its ups and downs, but most of the time it is pure platform-exploration awesomeness.

Prey (PC) - Crazily optimized modern take on the old-school FPS style, with a few twists. Does things with the Doom 3 engine iD never dreamed of. Rarely a dull moment.

HL2: Ep1 (PC) - Wow, this bores me.

American McGee's Alice (PC) - Replaying this for the umpteenth time, and I command you all to play it. A catatonic Alice returns to Wonderland, and begins her blood-stained and rather epic quest to kill the be-tentacled Red Queen. Third-person action/adventure driven by the Quake 3 engine, featuring some of the most mind-blowing scenery and characters ever.

Arguably the most stylish PC game ever, with a killer script to boot.

Here's a riddle: when is a croquet mallet like a billy club? I'll tell you: Whenever you want it to be.

Play it.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

I started playing Alice but never finished it. Good game, forgot why i stopped playing.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Ayanami wrote:Polariam - Nintendo DS - This game is over shadowed by Meteos hard core. Amazing puzzle game with great challenge. This is a thinking man's game and I think it beats the crap out of Meteos.
Magnetica is kinda fun too.

Played a demo at the Nintendo store the other day.

It's by the creator of Tetris and it's kinda hectic.

I'd rather buy Meteos than either of them though.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Shadow Hearts: From the New World - It's a tight sequel, but thus far the weakest of the series. If you're a fan though, then I'd check it out. If you haven't played any of the series yet, I'd say go for the first game. Although you don't need any prior knowledge to play this one, and graphically it is the best. Overall it's a good game and definitely worth playing. ;)

DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Only game I've been playing for the past 3 weeks is King of Fighters XI. I think that statement says it all.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Guitar Hero (PS2): Very fun, addicting game. People will make fun of you when they see you playing, just give them the guitar and tell them to shut up and play.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

50 Cent: Bulletproof ( ps2) - Extremely well balanced and extremely fun. This addicting game is up there with Zelda and the Ocarina of Time and is more fun to play then just about any of the DMC's. Any true gaming fan would go the stores right now and pick up a copy. Last I checked it was $19.99 retail.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Buzkashi wrote:50 Cent: Bulletproof ( ps2) - Extremely well balanced and extremely fun. This addicting game is up there with Zelda and the Ocarina of Time and is more fun to play then just about any of the DMC's. Any true gaming fan would go the stores right now and pick up a copy. Last I checked it was $19.99 retail.
Nice try.
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

Buzkashi wrote:50 Cent: Bulletproof ( ps2) - Extremely well balanced and extremely fun. This addicting game is up there with Zelda and the Ocarina of Time and is more fun to play then just about any of the DMC's. Any true gaming fan would go the stores right now and pick up a copy. Last I checked it was $19.99 retail.
Funny.

That was a joke right :?:
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) - Still the best game on the system.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

LordMune wrote:Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) - Still the best game on the system.
I still play that too. but i do hate time attack especially with the colossui that have to preform a certain action for you to get on them(ex. number 4).
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

As far as I know, it is nearly impossible to beat #4 on Hard Time Attack using the regular method. A friend of mine ended up glitching his way up its leg from Agro almost instantly, and finished with three seconds to spare.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

yeah i'm scared of hard time attack. but i want that white agro and queen sword(ok just the white agro).
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

LordMune wrote:Shadow of the Colossus (PS2) - Still the best game on the system.
Hardly.

The shitty camera damn near kills the game completely.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:
Hardly.

The shitty camera damn near kills the game completely.
Hardly.

The shitty Femto damn near kills his own enjoyment of the game completely by just I dunno sucking maybe.

(The above tries so hard, so hard to be clever it makes me sad. :'(
Sad, but in the right.)
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

A good game, indeed. However, best game on the console, I don't know about all that. I suppose it's a matter of opinion anyway. *shrugs*
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

longest journey: dream fall - not good. ended abruptly.
spellforce 2 - good rpg/rts mix. i want more.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I didn't understand Mune's post.

Shadow has some very big and very glaring flaws.

Deal with that shit.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:I didn't understand Mune's post.

Shadow has some very big and very glaring flaws.

Deal with that shit.
SotC's "flaws" could get off as "gameplay features" in lesser games.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

LordMune wrote:SotC's "flaws" could get off as "gameplay features" in lesser games.
What?!

The camera is terrible.

The game is extremely broken up.

The controls while on horseback are a pain in the ass.

I'm ending this conversation before you start crying.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Femto wrote:The camera is terrible.
I'll let you go on this one- chalk it up to a matter of taste. Personally, I like the camera.
The game is extremely broken up.
So? Yes, and no. It's all in how you play the game. If you ride straight to each colossus, kill it, save, and then power down your PS2 for 24 hours, then yes, it's going to be a fairly fragmented experience.
The controls while on horseback are a pain in the ass.
Accurate simulation. Horseback is a pain in the ass.
I'm ending this conversation before you start crying.
Too late. :'(
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

My only real problem with the camera is when I'm climbing on a colossus. The real thing is that it's kind of genuis(but still crap) because the controls are based on the way wanderer is facing. This makes climbing upside down hard because you want to press down to move down but he goes up because he is facing down. Simple enough but so frustrating when you are looking for the sweetspot.