Video Game Mini-Reviews

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

My biggest gripe with FFXII, 21 hours in, is that it bores me to tears. The graphics are far from spectacular, the story is retarded (if more sensibly retarded than, say, FFX), and the battle/chain/loot system does nothing for me except make me want to kill someone.

Fortunately (unfortunately?), the voice work is spectacular, and the character design is far from bad.

EDIT: I usually only play to the next save point, then I have to go do something else for a while before picking the game up again, lest I try to commit suicide by bashing my own head in with the PS2.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

The character design is bad.

The characters themselves are nothing to wright home about either. Except I do like Balthier and Fran. They are pretty shway.

The battle chain / loot system does drive me to madness. The game is difficult to get money in the first fucking place. The only good place I have found to make money is the damn skeleton bridge in the Lhusu mines.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Ayanami wrote:The character design is bad.
At least it's not FFX. v:)v
The characters themselves are nothing to wright home about either. Except I do like Balthier and Fran. They are pretty shway.
Well yeah, as the story in general and characters in particular seem sprung from a Star Wars/LotR fanfic more than anything else.
The battle chain / loot system does drive me to madness. The game is difficult to get money in the first fucking place. The only good place I have found to make money is the damn skeleton bridge in the Lhusu mines.
Word on both accounts.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Elite Beat Agents.

Pretty fun and awkward game even though it reminds me a lot(and I mean it) like Cool Cool Toon from SNK for the Dreamcast. Probably was made by the same people.

Mini-review: 8/10.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

It's the American version of Ouendan, I'd sooner compare it to that.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

LordMune wrote:It's the American version of Ouendan, I'd sooner compare it to that.
yeah yeah, Cool Cool Toon
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I just finished Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation 2.

It's so ridiculously hard. I resetted the game so many freaking times. It's so goddamn insane. Sometimes, a stage had to be played more than 3 times to get the near impossible to obtain skill point. Fucking ridiculous. But still, it's a good game.

I give it 8.5/10. It's much, much more challenging than the first game.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Rainbow Six: Vegas

fun, everything you expect from a rainbow six game. However ever since GRAW came out, this game is like a step back from franchise.

best part about the game, fucking upside down shooting through the window. It just looks sick.

8/10
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

Games I've played recently.

Godhand 8/10
Okami 9.5/10
Zelda TP 10/10
Final Fantasy XII 9/10
Disgaea 2 8/10
Valkyrie Profile 2 9/10
Gears of War 9/10
Resistance Fall of Man 8.5/10
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

So you thought Gears of War was better than Resistance eh Darken.

I have Okami but I have not played it yet, pretty dope eh.
DarkenRahlX
Crusher of Dreams

Post by DarkenRahlX »

I didn't expect Okami to be such a long game.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

DarkenRahlX wrote:I didn't expect Okami to be such a long game.
I semi-expected it to end after the showdown in the Moon Cave.

But it just kept on going.

And going.

And going.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Is that a bad thing :P

Anyone got MGS: OPS yet?
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

Getting OPS for christmas hope its good... damn gamestop stoped selling it with the bonus PSP skin :evil:
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

Most recent game I've played? Uh...

Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.

What can I say? It's pretty much the perfect game for me. Expansive, fully-explorable world, tons of side-quests, an engaging storyline (once you actually decide to explore it), a strong levelling system (not perfect, but very good), and generally fun combat. If I could only change one thing, it would be to lower the spawn rate of those freaking Cliff Racers, though, because they're everywhere. And near-impossible to outrun (without boosting your Speed into rediculousness).

Why Morrowind and not Oblivion? Morrowind has more to do. Yes, it's smaller in terms of game area, but there are more factions, more random quests, and generally more things to do/fight/explore/talk to per square whatevermeasurementyouprefer. Oblivion just feels kinda empty at times.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Also, Morrowind is inherently more broken than Oblivion due to it being more open-ended.

Seriously, I had more fun breaking that game apart and playing in the rubble of millions of lines of not-quite-watertight code than questing or whatever.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Sandman wrote:Getting OPS for christmas hope its good... damn gamestop stoped selling it with the bonus PSP skin :evil:
I read they are gonna make a series of OPS to show more of BB and his story before going evil which is great in two ways.

1. He is uber cool just like Solid 2. He is basicly Solid Snake but back in the day.
Sandman
Dirty Sennin

Post by Sandman »

That sounds bad ass, I couldnt get into MG3 for some reason but hopefully this one will not be that way... I finally got my hands on FFXII not that bad its like a mix of XI in a single player RPG... not the greatest but I havent really got into the story yet, but one this is clear, the Movies are awesome still one of the reasons I play the games.
Thank you sir, may I have another :twisted: :whip:
ShinigamiGuts
n00b Smasher

Post by ShinigamiGuts »

So I got a Xbox 360 for christmas bought Splinter Cell DA and Halo 2.
Splinter Cell is ok, haven't played it since christmas because instead of wasting 60$ per game to see if it's fun I got a block buster card. Best idea so far.
I rented Dead rising 10/10 so far, so fucking fun. One problem though, YOU HAVE TO play it on a big screen if not you won't be able to read the text for the missions and you'd be fucked walking around like a chicken with no head. :shock:
I played GOW, didn't like it. Too slow compared to Halo 2
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Killzone Liberation

Controls are wonderful, combat system it uses is brillant. This game is fun, and hard as hell too. Soo much shit to unlock too that i know i will be playing for a long time. Havent tried multiplayer yet or the share a game, but plan to when my brother picks up his copy.

9/10 no infrastructure prevents a perfect score for me.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Re: Video Game Mini-Reviews

Post by Tempest »

I wasn't sure exactly where to put this, but this seems like as good a place as any since they are "reviews" of games in a sort and they are rather short, so here it goes:

Zero Punctuation

I may not always agree with the guy, but I find it to be pretty damn funny.
ImageImage
fujinsan
Flexing spam muscles

Post by fujinsan »

all im going to give right now is old games I've played

God of war 1/2(ps2): what can i say sex many game carnage too powerful but the game is still challenging and good story line this game is perfect.

Devil may cry 3(ps2): piss your ****ing pants OUT OF THIS WORLD HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kingdom hearts 1/2(ps2): Very good games but on kh 1 the controls were stiff, kh 2 controls were very fluid but lacked the difficulty that kh 1 presented.

metal gear solid 2/3(ps2): mgs2 didn't really do nothing for me when i played it recently but way back when that game was the ****. mgs3 on the other hand had no flaws that i could see.

Zelda: a link to the past(ds):It was a fun game actually that game had me up playing for hours that's why I'm an insomniac.

Blacksite: area 51(multiple):pfffffft

Heavonly sword(ps3): it was a very fun game a good weeks worth of entertainment but it was too short.

Virtua fighter 5(ps3): Not a big fan of fighter games so i wasn't surprised when i got bored

Halo 123(x-box,360): I liked the first two but halo 3 was dissapointing.

Resistance: fall of man(ps3): I had alot of fun on campaign mode on this game but online mode i love!

Well I feel that's enough for now the list is getting too big.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Hey, I remember this thread.
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Femto wrote:Hey, I remember this thread.
Were you able to get your hands on DMC4?
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

I will later today or tomorrow.

Why don't you just download the demo?