Israel launches raids on Lebanon

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

psi29a
Godo

Israel launches raids on Lebanon

Post by psi29a »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5173078.stm
* On Wednesday morning, Hezbollah launched dozens of Katyusha rockets and mortar bombs at the Israeli town of Shlomi and at Israeli outposts in the disputed Shebaa Farms area

* Later Hezbollah said its fighters had destroyed an Israeli tank attempting to cross the border. An Israeli military spokeswoman said there had been a number of casualties

* Two civilians were killed when Israeli planes bombed a road bridge on major route though southern Lebanon.
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/07/ ... index.html
"If the soldiers are not returned we will turn Lebanon's clock back 20 years," Israel Defense Forces Chief of Staff Dan Halutz to Israeli Channel 10.

Israeli forces, observers said, were bombing roads, bridges and guerrilla positions in southern Lebanon an attempt to prevent guerrillas from moving the troops deeper into Lebanon.

Israeli forces are also responding to rocket attacks fired by Hezbollah into northern Israel, according to the army.

Four Israeli civilians and six soldiers have been wounded in the fighting so far, according to the Israeli military.
It never stops.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Right now I think the middle east is at a point where a solution might never happen. At least, not without an all-out war that just eats up 80% of the population on all sides. Maybe the remaining 20% would be willing to live together peacefully.
Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

yea basically the result will be "it never stops".
how can it?
its pretty sad considering it is happening because of religion.
Skullkracker
Dirty Sennin

Post by Skullkracker »

Actually the conflict is much much deeper than that by now
panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

anyone else getting google ads at the bottom of the page about israeli things, aka biblical objects, the military etc?
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

It can stop. Get rid of Israel.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
ddem1
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by ddem1 »

panasonic wrote:anyone else getting google ads at the bottom of the page about israeli things, aka biblical objects, the military etc?
Yeah I got Smart Sexy Israeli single ad :lol: :lol:
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Buzkashi wrote:It can stop. Get rid of Israel.
Before Israel goes, the entire rest will go. Perhaps some people down there should get that into their heads.
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

It sickens me that Israel can kill all of middle east without anyone telling them stop cause USA has thier back.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Quest wrote: its pretty sad considering it is happening because of religion.
I dunno, probably all an excuse to make more monies. But yea, the misery there will never end.
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Libaax wrote:It sickens me that Israel can kill all of middle east without anyone telling them stop cause USA has thier back.
Well, fact is they didn't start. Egypt and Syria and Lebanon and maybe some others started. Israel was fighting for survival from the day it was recognised by the UN.
Brainpiercing
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Yeah killing palestinian goverment officials and innocent families is survival....

I wasnt talking about what happened 50 years ago but now, if they wanted and they want it prolly they can attack every small country in middle east.

Thats the problem the countries with power dont care cause they act like what happened to them before justifies the isralies killing innocent people.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

And the lebanese terrorists didn't kill innocent civilians? Nothing justifies the violence on either side, but when you ask me who is rather prepared to live peacefully and coexist, then I will tell you that is Israel.

The whole crux of this area is that a few hatemongers can easily manipulate entire populations.
Brainpiercing
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

Fox News Correspondent being shot at.

After revealing detailed information about the movement of Israeli troops, a Fox News crew has been shot at on live television.
Linafae
imanewbie

Post by Linafae »

Brainpiercing wrote: The whole crux of this area is that a few hatemongers can easily manipulate entire populations.
Jeez, so true. When it isn't any First Minister in Israel, is anyother from Hamas in the other side. What I find specially annoying, is that the ones who die more, are the brain-washed palestinians, and not the so called "Leaders". C'mon, 70 Virgins. You sure must be desperate to believe that and immolate yourself.
elric le tueur d'amis
Mastered PM

Post by elric le tueur d'amis »

If I was palestinian,I think I would be desesperate enough to bomb myself...
That guy won''t give up!!
Kill him!!
Albator
Hikikomori

Post by Albator »

It actually looks more and more like an all-out war. Shells falled on Haifa (3rd Israelian city if I'm correct) and the Israeli army are now bombing Beyrouth.

I have no idea what's going on.
Laik
This is my new home

Post by Laik »

Yeah, things are getting real crazy. I understand why though, like someone mentioned in a prior post, Israel has been fighting from the get go and they can't afford to negoiate with terrorist. If they bend for a captured solider or two then someone would just get five next time or eleven after that.

The worst part about this is that they seemed so close to peace until Hamas got in.

Edit: If anyone wants better insight, I suggest taking a look at this topic: http://warbucket.com/ibforums/index.php?showtopic=29545

It helped make me see things somewhat clearer.
EG needs some help. Please feel free to contact us if you want to become a part of the staff.
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Buzkashi wrote:It can stop. Get rid of Israel.
Amen

Let's not forget that israel itself was refounded because people felt bad after the holocaust... you can't just cut a living country into peices and expect the people to be like "okay... america says we only get half our country and thats fine"

also... mossad commits just as many atrocities as any terrorist group without international repurcussions simply due to israel's allegiance with america

also while there are muslim terrorists... there are also zionist zealots doing the same thing in the name of moses
Bow to Golbez
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Linafae wrote:
Jeez, sC'mon, 70 Virgins. You sure must be desperate to believe that and immolate yourself.
Can you show me where in the Quran or in what Haddith it says that in? I mean I havent finished the whole Quran yet( I'm getting close) but I've yet to come upon that.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
raider
imanewbie

Post by raider »

Are you saying what is happening there is Isreal's fault? I for one support Isreal's right to exist and defened themselfves.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

raider wrote:Are you saying what is happening there is Isreal's fault? I for one support Isreal's right to exist and defened themselfves.
You do understand how Isreal was created right?
Before the First World War Palestine was a district ruled by the Turkish Ottoman Empire. The Ottomans were defeated by Britain and her allies in the war.

After WW1 Britain took control of Palestine, but there were many troubles between the Arabs who lived there and Jews who wanted to live there too.

After the Second World War, Britain decided to let the United Nations decide what to do with Palestine.

The United Nations suggested separating Palestine into two countries, one Arab and one Jewish.

The Arab leaders said no to the plan, but the Jewish leaders accepted it and declared the state of Israel. The President of the United States gave his support to the new state.

However the Arab leaders were not happy. War broke out between and Israel's Arab neighbours, (including Egypt and Jordan) and the new country.

After months of intense fighting, Israel and her Arab neighbours agreed to stop the war. However relations between them were still tense and more wars followed.

They have every right to defend themselves, but let us not forget who took what land first. It comes down to the facts:
*The UN wanted a Jewish state out of shame and guilt to what happened to them.
*Isreal's right to exist is dependant on the UN recognizing it not the Arab nations that is around Isreal.
*The Arab nations that do not recognize the state of Isreal and will remain firm until it is addressed by the west. (Don't hold your breath.)

However, I'm not a academic source and more of an armchair historian on the particulars. So please continue the discussion.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

I'm not saying I agree with Isael or how came to be, but it's here and it's here to stay.
Wikipedia wrote:The International Atomic Energy Agency believes Israel to be a state possessing nuclear weapons. The government has never confirmed nor denied this assertion. Israel has not ratified the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty and the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) and is not a signatory to the Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention (BWC).
You don't just tell a country that more than likely has nuclear arms it isn't a country anymore.
ImageImage
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Brainpiercing wrote:And the lebanese terrorists didn't kill innocent civilians? Nothing justifies the violence on either side, but when you ask me who is rather prepared to live peacefully and coexist, then I will tell you that is Israel.

The whole crux of this area is that a few hatemongers can easily manipulate entire populations.
You know i wasnt talking about this Libanon "war". I

Israel prepared to live peacefully? and coexist? Then why are they bombing palestinian houses and killing goverment officells.....

Just cause they dont like Hamas who won a democratic vote.

India in UN security counsel wanted to stop what they are doing in Gaza but who used the veto.....
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

psi29a wrote:Fox News Correspondent being shot at.

After revealing detailed information about the movement of Israeli troops, a Fox News crew has been shot at on live television.
off topic:
LOL sounds like the 2 male presenters hate each other from the way they shoot each other's comments down and frown all the time.

heh, an israel textiles factory with nuclear capabilities... who is the rogue nation now?