Rock The Bells Festival IV

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Rock The Bells Festival IV

Post by Buzkashi »

So August 5th and 6th are going to be 2 of the biggest rap festivals to see california in a while. Its called Rock the Bells and has artists performing such as the Wutang Clan, Mos Def, Imortal Technique, Del the Funky Homosapien, Murs etc.... Its gona be crazy to say the least.

http://www.rockthebells.net/

So I just bought my tickets. And from my understanding theres at least 5 people that live in northern and southern Cali here. Wondering if anyone is going to watch. Half? Evilster maybe? Shit People are flying from across the country to see this show.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Re: Rock The Bells Festival IV

Post by Buzkashi »

Aint nobody posted in the last one but It should be necroed because its coming again. This time its a 15 stop tour I believe. Crazy performances gonna be going on. Anyone who is a fan of hip hop music in any way shape or form should do there best to attend one of the shows.

http://www.rockthebells.net/
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

WTF who listens to that shit?!!?

ooo Cypress Hill and Mos Def.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Lets see who we got performing here shall we?

Rakim: Typically top 3 Candidate for G.O.A.T. Completley changed the rap game.

Nas: Typically top 3 candidate for G.O.A.T. Also Completley changed the rap game.

The Wu-Tang Clan: Do I even need to explain the impact?

Pulic Enemy: ..I'll kill you if this doesnt excite you.

And even immortal technique for the fan boys. I'm personally very excited to finally be able to see Jedi Mind Tricks after all these years.

P.S- The roots !!!:kekeke: I'm so excited.
dialdfordesi
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by dialdfordesi »

That sounds like one hell of a time man. Hope you enjoy it!
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Actually, having Public Enemy is pretty impressive. I mean shit, my older brother use to listen to them when I was a little kid, and he's 34. Heh, so even I know who they are. Also, Wu-Tang understands the way of the ninja, so I'm down with that.
MrFelony
E-Thug

Post by MrFelony »

damn...i wish i could afford to fly out for that :?.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

WOA WOA WOA... i just went to website... and RAGE is playing and if i get tickets would be sooo going on Aug 11th. w/e about everything else i want some RAGE!

?EDIT

wtf? ticket master doesnt have them on for the 11th... man this is a sad day...
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Haha. Yea the 11th is the biggest show.

I got my tix's like months ago.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

ROCK THE BELLS V baby!!

As usual I will be at the San Bernardino show which is labeled as the L.A show this year. It'll be on august 9th. Anyone gonna make it to any of the shows? Its gonna be fantastic!
Shaka Zulu
Buzkashi wannabe

Post by Shaka Zulu »

Man not that its awesome shindig enough already with the line-up throughout the years (dont think they hardly missed a favourite of mine except KRS-one), but last mention just blew me away. The Pharcyde??? :o '

There some old school classics you expect and know of because they are still around even if less active, but The Pharcyde awesome as heck in the Golden days (with sick albums like Labcabincalifornia), but they lasted short too term and dissapeared forever like too many. Having someones like them back is one hell of an incentive for early 90s Old school fans to book a ticket.

In case you havent heard of them, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co3qMdkucM0
Until the lion learns to speak, the tales of the hunt will be(weak) told by the hunter
The Prince
Tastes like burning!

Post by The Prince »

Shaka Zulu wrote:Man not that its awesome shindig enough already with the line-up throughout the years (dont think they hardly missed a favourite of mine except KRS-one), but last mention just blew me away. The Pharcyde??? :o '

There some old school classics you expect and know of because they are still around even if less active, but The Pharcyde awesome as heck in the Golden days (with sick albums like Labcabincalifornia), but they lasted short too term and dissapeared forever like too many. Having someones like them back is one hell of an incentive for early 90s Old school fans to book a ticket.

In case you havent heard of them, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co3qMdkucM0
Pharcyde.....WOW!

They are pure nostalgia to me......brings back many memories. I played the shit out of them back in my gangsta days.

I recall when their first album came out, Bizarre Ride (loved the cover), their style was very novel at the time.
Let's put a smile on that face...............
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Welp...

The festival is tomorrow. Gonna be a wild one.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Very sweet. too bad I can't attend.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I admire your dedication to consistency. I have my yearly rituals as well.