A Bit Scary... But It Rings True (even scarier)

All the news that's new and approved. We want your opinion, no matter how wrong it is.

Moderator: EG Members

Sortep
n00b eater

A Bit Scary... But It Rings True (even scarier)

Post by Sortep »

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 3394289910

I know Alex Jones may be a nutt, but this journalist he found seems to be on to some very scary stuff. If it's true, I may start yelling Killfile & vtwahoo for president and vice president. Discuss
Bow to Golbez
vtwahoo
Mastered PM

Post by vtwahoo »

Killfile knows more of the details than I do but the connection between the Bush family and the Nazi Party is well established rather than a conspiracy theory.

I've got a book on this somewhere but I don't have access to my library for the next few weeks. I'll try to figure out the title.

The degree to which that relationship relates to current policy is---and I'm sure will be---up for debate.
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

Ok - here's the long and the short of it.
The Guardian wrote:George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.
Specificly, Prescott Bush owned an interest in the United Banking Corporation, which was used by "Adolf Hitler's financiers, the CLN family... to manage investments in America." [Source]

In October of 1942 the UBC was seized by the United States' Government on the grounds that it was in an "interlocking trust" with the German Steel Trust and illegally selling aviation fuel technology to the Nazi Luftwaffe.

UBC's funds were returned by the government at the end of the war and the corporation was liquidated in 1951 -- netting Prescott Bush a cool $1,500,000 (which, back in 1951, was real money).

Digging a little deeper, however, we find that "Bush... and the other UBC stockholders were in fact "nominees," or phantom shareholders, for Thyssen and his Holland bank, meaning that they acted at the direct behest of their German client." [Source] This puts Thyssen and Prescott Bush squarely in league and ties Bush into Thyssen's financial empire.

This is where we veer off from what can be empirically proved and diverge into the realm of what is at least somewhat contested. Thyssen's holdings included a company called Silesian-American Corporation. Through Silesian and the transference of its assets to Thyssen's US partners Prescott Bush may have become "complicit with the mining operations in Poland which used slave labor out of Oswiecim, where the Auschwitz concentration camp was later constructed." [Source]

Chronologically speaking, the link is fairly solid. Bush would have come into possession of the American held aspects of Silesian during the height of operations at Auschwitz. However, available documentation does not exist to support this hypothesis - or if it does exist it remains classified. According to Toby Rogers, however, "a classified Dutch intelligence file which was leaked by a courageous Dutch intelligence officer, along with newly surfaced information from U.S. government archives, 'confirms absolutely,' John Loftus says, the direct links between Bush, Thyssen and genocide profits from Auschwitz." [Source] Of course, Loftus' sources are, themselves, completely unverifiable by virtue of their classification, thus rendering independent verification impossible. In either case, while it is very likely that Prescott Bush profited directly from the slave labor of the Auschwitz Camp, it would be highly irresponsible to assert this as a matter of fact rather than likelihood and opinion.

I hope this sheds a little more light on the topic. For the record, the $1.5 Million that Bush received from the liquidation of the UBC was the foundation upon which the Bush energy empire as built.
Carthago delenda est!

--Killfile @ [Nephandus.com]
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

That still paints quite a dark picture of the 2 time first family. Why can't we just have a philanderer who does acts of good for the country instead of a an ex cokehead who's family name has been bad for america.
Bow to Golbez
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

To be fair to the Bush family, a lot of people made a lot of money off of the Nazi regime. Prescott Bush did more than most, but America was a lot more divided in the years leading up to WWII than you were taught in your high school history classes.

A pretty substantial portion of the United States seriously thought we should have gotten into the war on the side of Germany, not the Alaes. IBM traded with the Nazis and sold them the computing equipment necessary to index, catalog, and eventually organize the Holocaust. Henry Ford agitated for the Nazi Party and was eventually awarded the highest honors the German State bestowed on non-Germans. Lindberg was also an avowed Nazi.

Pearl Harbor brought the country together and Germany's subsequent declaration of war against the United States galvanized the nation against Germany, but old allegiances and business alliances die hard.

I don't think it's fair to hold George W. Bush accountable for the actions his Grandfather took during the War. I do worry about the frightening similarities between Bush's regime and rhetoric and the tyrannical government his Grandfather helped support and create.
Carthago delenda est!

vtwahoo
Mastered PM

Post by vtwahoo »

Killfile wrote:Pearl Harbor brought the country together and Germany's subsequent declaration of war against the United States galvanized the nation against Germany, but old allegiances and business alliances die hard.
One of Hitler's big mistakes was to declare war on the United States after the US declared war on Japan.

Although FDR -=clearly=- wanted to side with the Allies, the American people and, more specifically, the Senate, was divided on the issue. Historians argue that the United States, not wanting to fight a two-theater war, would not have declared war on Germany had Germany not declared war on the United States.

Of course, the next big mistake was the whole "let's invade the Soviet Union" thing.
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

The Soviet Union is invadable -- you just don't go in June. Hitler should have waited until early Spring to start moving. His troops would have been uncomfortable, but the dangers of the Russian winter would have been minimized. Moreover, he would have had longer to get his supply lines in order.
Carthago delenda est!

panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

invading russia without proper winter clothing is quite possible the dumbest thing hitler could have done.

that and the fact that hitler's tactic of blitzing wouldnt really work in russia like other european nation considering how big russia is and how they have practically an infinite amount of space to retreat to
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

This may sound a bit unfair of me. But I feel that descendents often pay for the mistakes of their forefathers, and that is what keeps alot of the "Power Families" in line. The fact that there is no accountability now makes matters even worse. Yes it isn't right to judge someone for their ancestors' mistakes, but it is a practical means used down from ancient times to keep them from fucking up. Only into the last 80-90 years has it died out here, and regretably so.

Had we kept that, the Bush name would've been stigmatized for a good 60 years, and we wouldn't be in half the shit we are in now.
Bow to Golbez
Killfile
Flexing spam muscles

Post by Killfile »

I cross posted my analysis to Newsvine because, well, I post there a lot. Here's the link to the discussion there.
Carthago delenda est!

Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

Killfile... I take my hat off to you... you have indeed stated it in an unbiased manner... and my younger brother actually printed that up for some of his friends in Special Forces
Bow to Golbez