World Cup 2006

Way off-topic, and allowed! General discussions on anything and everything.

Moderator: EG Members

Libaax
Of The Abyss

World Cup 2006

Post by Libaax »

Anyone care about the world cup that is a week away?

Who do you root for?

Of course im talking to those in the forums that actually know the sport that is called Football ;)
Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: World Cup 2006

Post by Femto »

Libaax wrote:Of course im talking to those in the forums that actually know the sport that is called Football ;)
:headbang:

I'm rooting for my country of course.

This is only the second time we've ever made it to the World Cup and we did pretty terrible back in 2002.

Our problem is that we can only win when we're playing in our own country.

And now we get to play against Germany right off the bat.

Oh well, we should be able to take on Costa Rica and Poland at least.

The last World Cup was terrible.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I can tell you straight out that I'm not rooting for Australia.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Im rooting for all african nations cause it would be good to see africa suceed for once. Ivory Coast i root for most cause they are the best among the africans.

I also root for sweden cause i have lived more than half of my life so i consider sweden my homecountry. Pretty good team this time that quarterfinal or semi shoulndt be impossible.

Italy,Spain i root for on the side cause Totti is my fav player and the spanish have many superb players that should shine.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

I'll be watching. Not really rooting.

But yea. I heard alot of the English Soccer Hooligans are not allowed to leave England to watch the games.

P.S. Futbol Americano ftw!
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Futbol Americano sucks :P

Arent you gonna root for USA? Where is your patroism ;)
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Libaax wrote: Italy,Spain i root for on the side cause Totti is my fav player and the spanish have many superb players that should shine.
I'm supporting ITALY!! Because they own and it's my home country. Anyways, Totti is a terrible player... he always curses and spits on other players. I prefer Maldini & Del Piero, they are old timers.
obi-pie
notanewb

Post by obi-pie »

i support holland but i don't think they come further then the quarter finals but we have a few good players (van pesie,arsenal | robben,chelsea)

brazil is prob gonna win
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Libaax wrote:Futbol Americano sucks :P

Arent you gonna root for USA? Where is your patroism ;)
Meh, if I'ma root for anyone, its prolly gonna be Iran. I dont follow soccer to much so I dont really know any players though.
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
panasonic
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!

Post by panasonic »

who wants to bet that beckham is gonna get baited into doing something stupid and will get a yellow card for it?
"Education is the foundation upon which you build your entire lust for cash"-Onizuka

http://www.striporama.com/edits/main.html
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

obi-pie wrote:i support holland but i don't think they come further then the quarter finals but we have a few good players (van pesie,arsenal | robben,chelsea)

brazil is prob gonna win
dude, holland plays nice soccer, they have a chance to win. Btw, I hope the world cup isn't as corrupted as the previous one.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Devil_Dante wrote:
Libaax wrote: Italy,Spain i root for on the side cause Totti is my fav player and the spanish have many superb players that should shine.
I'm supporting ITALY!! Because they own and it's my home country. Anyways, Totti is a terrible player... he always curses and spits on other players. I prefer Maldini & Del Piero, they are old timers.
Man you cant hate a great player for one mistake!

He is the best player in Italy without him they dont have a chance to win.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Libaax wrote: Man you cant hate a great player for one mistake!

Tht BEST?? He certainly isnt irreplaceable imo. He is too cocky. Italy would still own everyone's ass without Totti.
obi-pie
notanewb

Post by obi-pie »

Devil_Dante wrote:
Libaax wrote: Man you cant hate a great player for one mistake!

Tht BEST?? He certainly isnt irreplaceable imo. He is too cocky. Italy would still own everyone's ass without Totti.
true that but when italy scores the 1-0 they go into defense and the match is going to be boring
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

obi-pie wrote: true that but when italy scores the 1-0 they go into defense and the match is going to be boring
It's called tactics. But I have to agree that it sucks. Italian have a special word for this tactic: "Catanaccio"... or something like that. They have a reason for this, they don't just want to defense. They want the opponent to attack, fail, and then counter in the hope there are holes in the opponents defense. Last minutes of the game are the worst as the opponent keeps pressing and you just pray that they don't score.
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Thier catenaccio is why they always lose in tight matches like the one against korea in 2002. No other team as good as Italy would go all out defend on a team like Korea. Thats why Italy need Totti who is the best player cause he can change the game any second,also he one of the best playmakers like ever.

Totti scored 15 goals in 24 games this year and made Roma(my fav football team) go on a record 11 win streak.
Daedelus
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Buzkashi wrote:P.S. Futbol Americano ftw!
I lawled.

Go England. :mrgreen:
Ayanami
Dirty Sennin

Post by Ayanami »

Never really was into football. Either American or European. I have watched my fair share of home team games though. But really, what are the chances of America not getting bitch slapped around this world cup. Kinda not worth watching when your home country does not even stand a chance in hell.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Ayanami wrote:Never really was into football. Either American or European. I have watched my fair share of home team games though. But really, what are the chances of America not getting bitch slapped around this world cup. Kinda not worth watching when your home country does not even stand a chance in hell.
thats ok, USA might never win the world cup, but we will always win the World Series.
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

Yea but not the World Baseball Classic.
Daedelus
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Post by Daedelus »

Buzkashi wrote:Yea but not the World Baseball Classic.
Which, by the way, is the most selfish thing that Bud Selig has ever done. "No, we won't be taking a break for the Olympics. We're such an awesome, better-than-you sport that we'll have our own world competition and just skip your little gathering."

Earth to Bud: You can have worlds and still go to the Olympics, you asshole. Please die in a fire before you screw baseball even more.
Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

Libaax wrote:Thier catenaccio is why they always lose in tight matches like the one against korea in 2002. No other team as good as Italy would go all out defend on a team like Korea. Thats why Italy need Totti who is the best player cause he can change the game any second,also he one of the best playmakers like ever.

Totti scored 15 goals in 24 games this year and made Roma(my fav football team) go on a record 11 win streak.
lol I'm a supporter of Juventus... too bad they got cought with corrupting matches. But it will turn out well eventually, no :P? Anyways, I have a hunch that France makes a good chance too. They got some really nice players like Thuram, Zidane, Trezeguet etc...
ddem1

Post by ddem1 »

Beware, Croatia will destroy Brazil on 13th :lol:
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Ayanami wrote:Never really was into football. Either American or European. I have watched my fair share of home team games though. But really, what are the chances of America not getting bitch slapped around this world cup. Kinda not worth watching when your home country does not even stand a chance in hell.

You know Football isnt european its the world biggest game a religion in most parts of the world minus USA of course.

USA was in last 8 in 2002 so i dont think they will get bitch slapped cause they are ranked 4 in the world even if thats only cause they meet teams like Panama in CONCAF.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

The Australian VS Netherlands match is on right now! It's 1:0 for the Netherlands right now. Heh. Australia sucks. No Kewell.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am