Upcoming Game Excitement

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Daedelus
Augh! Bright sky fire burn eyes!
Location: This Island Earth! (Can be yours, if the Price is Right!)

Upcoming Game Excitement

Post by Daedelus »

OK, I thought I'd breathe a little life into this forum and come up with a game/discussion idea to try and spur things. I looked for a recent topic covering this and, finding none, I'm making a new one.

The rules are simple. Feel free to discuss but, if this is your first post in this thread, mention one game that is upcoming that excites you. You don't have to have screenshots, it doesn't have to be covered by major internet media (did I just use that phrase). If a game you're excited about has been mentioned, try and think of something else you've seen that's caught your eye. Let's try and keep the console wars out of this one... stuff like "ZOMG that's gonna suck, it's 360 exclusive!" Back yourself up if you think it'll be bad. The point is to try and introduce other people to concepts or games that you think will be great and hopefully get a few for yourself. Broaden your horizons!

I'll start things off with something simple. The Wii excites me to a great extent, and I am looking forward to Twilight Princess on that system. I have beaten every Zelda game except Wind Waker and Four Swords GC. I'm told Wind Waker was a great game, and I'm missing out. What we've heard of Twilight already sounds like it'll be great. Also, moving it to the Wii I think will boost the quality of the game and not just for graphics alone. I think it is allowing a little extra time to maybe fix a quirk or two in the game along with the graphics, or maybe even add a feature or two that may have been left out.

Discuss!
newbified
n00b Smasher

Post by newbified »

Steeples scrape the sky, Praising God.
Everything here exists for God, is sacrificed to God.
For those who have nothing to sacrifice,
It can be a very heartless city indeed.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Meh, who cares, I'll leave this topic open, because this area is like a tomb. Unless other people decides this thread should be locked.

I'm excited about Robot Wars Taisen. I played a couple of missions in Japanese, and kind of got tired of it when other games came out.

Also, this has nothing to do with anything, but I checked out the archives of VGcats out of boredom and checked out the strip on Rockman Zero translation. Simply lawlz stuff.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

http://the-magicbox.com/0506/game050623b.shtml

Test Drive Unlimited: the MOOR. It just what I always wanted GT to do but they never did. I haven't played Motor City Online but I heard great things about it, hoping that Test Drive can compete.

This isn't a dis or flame at all but I do have one comment about the Wii. One reason people comment about the bad sales of xbox other then it being an American system was it took up to much space. I know setting something up and playing it are two different things but with the movement and such involved with playing the Wii wouldn't the space of the average japanese apartment not allow you to fully use your new system? I can't back this up but watching some of the Wii videos, people could basicly knock eachother over trying to swing a bat or racket. These are just my(and my cousins) thoughts of course.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Huh, General Gaming News. Seeing as we aren't exactly reporting gaming news...

The RMZ translation is great, as are all other VGCats comics.

For TDU, I yawned. The running joke with Ayanami and Co. has been "oh yeah those two games for the 360, King Kong and that one racing game". I played GT3 until I burned a hole in the disc (well, my laser died) but after that racing games all seem so boring to me. The graphics are prettier, obviously, but that's about all I'm seeing. Hopefully it'll be at demo stations and maybe it'll change my opinion.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

It's playable by downloading from the marketplace. But I am taking it that you dont' own a 360.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Re: Upcoming Game Excitement

Post by Femto »

Daedelus wrote:"ZOMG that's gonna suck, it's 360 exclusive!"
Daedelus wrote:The running joke with Ayanami and Co. has been "oh yeah those two games for the 360, King Kong and that one racing game".
roffles

I am looking forward to Megaman ZX and Super Mario Galaxy + a bunch of DS titles.

I'm a believer again.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Malvado wrote:This isn't a dis or flame at all but I do have one comment about the Wii. One reason people comment about the bad sales of xbox other then it being an American system was it took up to much space. I know setting something up and playing it are two different things but with the movement and such involved with playing the Wii wouldn't the space of the average japanese apartment not allow you to fully use your new system? I can't back this up but watching some of the Wii videos, people could basicly knock eachother over trying to swing a bat or racket. These are just my(and my cousins) thoughts of course.
Believe it or not, Japanese apartments are not the size of a phone booth. They are small compared to most apartments around the world, only because they pretty much have just one room and a kitchen and bath. The one room is used as a family room, bedroom, dining room, whatever. But not all Japanese homes are like that, they do have full sized homes like you see anywhere else in the world. Also, they have said that all you need is a flick of the wrist to play most games, the people's movements in the commercials were overexaggerated.

I am really looking forward to Mass Effect.

Also, Twilight Princess will be amazing.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

yeah Gaiseric I didn't think they could be that small but with groups and some outdated polls i assume pointing to the size of the xbox I didn't really understand the ability to use a Wii. Overexaggerated yes but in the thick of battle anything goes.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I plan on seeing some violent Wii gaming in the future.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Gaiseric wrote:I plan on seeing some violent Wii gaming in the future.
That's part of why I am excited for Red Steel when it comes out on the Wii. Not only because of the revolutionary controls (Pun mildly intended), but because it looks to be a solid title that will hopefully do away with the whole "Nintedo is for kidz LOLOLOLoloLOLOLoOLOLOL!11!!!!!!!11ONE11!" bullshit.
ImageImage
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I didnt really mean violent, mature rated games. I think swinging that controlelr around playing any Wii game can get violent.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

Tempest wrote:
Gaiseric wrote:I plan on seeing some violent Wii gaming in the future.
That's part of why I am excited for Red Steel when it comes out on the Wii. Not only because of the revolutionary controls (Pun mildly intended), but because it looks to be a solid title that will hopefully do away with the whole "Nintedo is for kidz LOLOLOLoloLOLOLoOLOLOL!11!!!!!!!11ONE11!" bullshit.

Resident Evil Zero and RE4 i think took care of that on the GC.

Metal Gear Solid: Portable OPS is what im looking foward too. and im looking fowarding to finishing Metroid Prime, now that i have gc to play with, ahh year long hiatus is put to rest.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

halfnhalf wrote:
Resident Evil Zero and RE4 i think took care of that on the GC.

Yes, but it took them a while to get on the GC, at least this way Nintendo can can shake that stereotype early on.
ImageImage
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Who fucking cares if Nintendo doesn't have M rated games?

Are you that worried of not looking "cool" while playing a video game? Does some blood make you feel less ashamed of holding a controller in your hands?

Who fucking gives a shit?

Red Steel looks boring as hell and it's control scheme is not revolutionary in the slightest.

It's just a light gun and the sword add-on from that one arcade game put together.

*yawn*
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

I want to do some swordfighting on the Wii. I love that shit on the arcades, man.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

It's not just a laser gun and sword add-on. That's not a fair analogy. You have free range of motion unlike an arcade game where the character automatically walks around while you just simply point and shoot. The gameplay is unique in that it combines all of that into one game.

It looks like a LOT of fun.
Daedelus

Post by Daedelus »

Well this thread went to flying hell pretty quickly, it's quickly moving to Yet Another Console Wars discussion. Let's make another try at it - discuss games!
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msg ... d=24525221

Proof that PC gaming is not dead... MMMMmmm Fallout 3, Project Offset, and RED5 MMORPG which has a bunch of Ex-Blizzard guys making this MMO, it's running on Project Offset Engine and will be published by Webzen

Daddy want!
Last edited by psi29a on Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

psi29a wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msg ... d=24525221

Proof that PC gaming is not dead... MMMMmmm Fallout 2, Project Offset, and RED5 MMORPG which has a bunch of Ex-Blizzard guys making this MMO, it's running on Project Offset Engine and will be published by Webzen

Daddy want!
dont forget Crysis. The only reason right now to upgrade to windows vista. Looks bea-ti-ful.
psi29a
Godo

Post by psi29a »

It does, however there is a problem. Look at the foliage and camoflage, they better tweak the AI some or we are going to have players getting lost in the worlds unable to see the AI's troops because of camo, and you get pegged in the head.

Obviously, the more real you make a game the more obvious that you don't have the skill-set to handle yourself.

Crysis however isn't on the top of my list of games to buy. Perhaps when I'm done with Fallout3. :P
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

i am just waiting for fallout 3 as well. memorable NPCs, solid story, SPECIAL/tag/perk system and many many quests and side quest!!!
i will be waiting forever for that combination to arrive again.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Its Spore for me on PC.
obi-pie
notanewb

Post by obi-pie »

fallout 3 on top after that the in making C&C and do not forget supreme commander. SC is gonna be a lot of playhours(it looks fucking awesome)
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

psi29a wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msg ... d=24525221

Proof that PC gaming is not dead... MMMMmmm Fallout 2, Project Offset, and RED5 MMORPG which has a bunch of Ex-Blizzard guys making this MMO, it's running on Project Offset Engine and will be published by Webzen

Daddy want!
oh Psi oh much i love you! *hugs* Now i have to update my PC full force to play all these.

Please no more MMO's i can't play them all at once, Noooooooo

edit: I can't remember but is Warhammer: Mark of Chaos on that list as well?