Otaku quiz.

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Otaku quiz.

Post by Damien »

http://www.armory.com/tests/anime.html

21% for me Part-time otaku. Haha!

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

28.5% otaku corrupt. :\
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

You answered "yes" to 57 of 200 questions, making you 71.5% otaku pure (28.5% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 13%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

The average purity for this test is 66.4%.
The first submission for this test was received August 5, 1998.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
Brainpiercing
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Brainpiercing »

Hmm:

You answered "yes" to 29 of 200 questions, making you 85.5% otaku pure (14.5% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 11%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

Brainpiercing
"Beer cures poison" - (almost) Guts.
Quest
Tastes like burning!

Post by Quest »

200 questions?
my attention span is not that long.

i tried answering... till the 1st 20 questions.
=)
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

You answered "yes" to 65 of 200 questions, making you 67.5% otaku pure (32.5% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 10%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

Devil_Dante
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Devil_Dante »

You answered "yes" to 30 of 200 questions, making you 85.0% otaku pure (15.0% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 8%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.
ryusenka
This is my new home

Post by ryusenka »

You answered "yes" to 61 of 200 questions, making you 69.5% otaku pure (30.5% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 13%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

Wow, I'm that much of a loser, I need to get laid, fast.
"Understand that it's just a person - not worth devoting any nightmares to." - JTHM
Buzkashi
Devourer of Children

Post by Buzkashi »

You answered "yes" to 38 of 200 questions, making you 81.0% otaku pure (19.0% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 10%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

This shit was wack..

"Do you own a TV?"

"If so do you watch the TV?"

*head explodes*
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Sir Francis Bacon, Of Atheism <---Did I make this my sig? This shits gay as fuck.
Deathbringer
n00b eater

Post by Deathbringer »

Yeah, that question was fucking retarded.
Eldo
Of The Abyss

Post by Eldo »

Well, it's supposed to get you to answer at least some questions of course, to prove that you're somewhat of an otaku.

I don't think half the toilet seats in the world are as clean as I should like; and only half of those are half as clean as they deserve. - tsubaimomo, July 26, 2010 3:00 am
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

You answered "yes" to 52 of 200 questions, making you 74.0% otaku pure (26.0% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 8%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

You answered "yes" to 56 of 200 questions, making you 72.0% otaku pure (28.0% otaku corrupt).
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

You answered "yes" to 83 of 200 questions, making you 58.5% otaku pure (41.5% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 15%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

...I answered "yes" to way more than anyone else here O_0
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

Honestly, I am not surprised.
"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then
Sortep
n00b eater

Post by Sortep »

You answered "yes" to 45 of 200 questions, making you 77.5% otaku pure (22.5% otaku corrupt).

Bow to Golbez
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Gaiseric wrote:Honestly, I am not surprised.
I am. I honestly don't consider myself a big otaku. I figured I'm an average anime fan, not a whole lot more.
I've only been into anime about 3 years. I know people who've been into it for 30. I got nothin on them.
Gaiseric
Tastes like burning!

Post by Gaiseric »

I have been watching anime for nearly 10 years now and you answered yes to 27 more questions than I did.
SarahofBorg
This is my new home

Post by SarahofBorg »

Heh, and I havn't watched a new anime since October. I've rewatched old episodes, and I've tried new series, but I havn't found anything good since then.
And I thought I was slipping :D
I may of exagerated and said yes to maybe 5 questions, since it was subjective sometimes.
Like "you own over 100 tapes of anime" I figured having 400+ episodes of anime on my PC counts, since no one works with tapes anymore.
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

ive got about 11 years on anime so far. i found some of these questions really funny, out of place, and generally supposed to be subjectively perceived. others kind of made sense. but what do you expect out of a quiz from the 90's? sadly, i do own more than 100 videos...of sailor moon. ALL bootleg. my sister and i were big fans back in the day. but i hated when they asked questions like "do u go to japan with the sole purpose of getting anime merchandise, even though u dont speak japanese?" that is more of a japanophile quiz question. why would you be proud that u do that, and even more so, how can that make you more otaku? it seems otaku has lost meaning. i used to call myself an otaku, but i think that these days i dont like what comes with that title. the community that "animers" or "otaku" have currently is horrible. hot topic wearing, trigun obsessed, emo brats that think they are the best thing that has happened to anime. that they are the most "otaku". the truth is, most of us who think like this were the people that started the trends without knowing it. i didnt know you could "look" like you are obsessed with anime before recently.

::sigh:: however, i think all i can do it let it go. (and this belongs in the rant thread, i know.)

although i do think that its funny that in america, otaku is more of a positive name, compared to japan, where it is a very negative term. right?

You answered "yes" to 122 of 200 questions, making you 39.0% otaku pure (61.0% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 36%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.
(The average purity for this test is 66.4%. )

so, pure/corrupt means what again?

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

The more corrupt you are the more of a OTAKU you are. :wink:

Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i see...

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

And the term Otaku has a more negitive meaning in Japan of course. Yet I see alot of american people going to anime conventions dressed in cosplay looking like complete shit, and I feel bad for them, they should know how horrible they look, most of the time with cosplay americans do it horrible, I haven't seen any BAD japanese cosplayers yet.

Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i'd have to disagree. because a lot of anime characters look american to begin with, many american cosplayers look more like the actually character as a result. it is true that you dont see many bad japanese cosplayers, but the community is different in japan, right? in america, its like ANYONE can do it, thus we get more bad costumes. we have cosplay.com, and hundreds of people have personal cosplay web sites. japanese cosplay sites are harder to come by than american ones. so compared to the few japanese cosplay sites, and the large number of american cosplay sites, it does seem like japanese cosplays are better. of course, they have been cosplaying much longer than in america, but i still have to argue. in japan, cosplay isnt considered a real positive thing, so if you do it, it's probably because you are really into it (of course this is a generalization).

because the circumstances are different, cosplaying cant really be compared well.

Finito

Post by Finito »

22 "yes", 11% corrupt

Too many gay questions. Those questions are pretty old too.
I guess im more of a manga guy than an anime guy.
Not much questions about mangas. Is otaku for anime only?