Otaku quiz.

The latest and greatest of Japanese Animation. Found something new, or perhaps old and arcane... if it has to do with anime, it goes right here.

Moderator: EG Members

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

No there are other okatu for like video games, japanese idols, manga, anime, ect ect.

NARUTO + BLEACH doesn't even come close to the BEST MANGA= ONE PIECE
Fuji Nagase
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i think otaku is like, mostly anime, but manga counts. at least i think it does. to each is own i guess. the questions seemed to be pretty old to me as well.

"The wind whispered,and the world began to change."
BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

In America, Otaku simply means a fan of anime.

In Japan, it means a person who is overly obsessed with any particular thing. So you could be a rice cake otaku .... i guess.

Which means you're both right and you're both wrong. :P
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

but i think that in america otaku is associated with a higher knowledge of anime/manga than others (including other fans). therefore meaning more than just a fan.

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Yeah but, you got your casual anime watchers, then like say your regularly watching anime people, then you got your anime watching extremists = otaku.

Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

yeah, id agree with that.

Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

Now I would put myself into the class of being inbetween a casual anime watcher and regularly watching anime person. Yet when I first started watching Anime I was a casual watcher. Now I have seen over 100 titles of movies and series total. YET I wouldn't go so far as to say have my whole room covered with anime posters, figures, manga, and a huge collection of anime, its just not me.

BasouKazuma
Flexing spam muscles

Post by BasouKazuma »

In America, the word Otaku is thrown around a lot between anime fans. It's lost any real meaning. So I guess it wouldnt cover casual fans but it easily covers most others.

Edit: fixed a typo
Last edited by BasouKazuma on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Otaku simply means fanatic. You can be an otaku for whatever. However, it also means you tend to obsess over it. *faint laughter*

Your otaku Purity Test Results
You answered "yes" to 76 of 200 questions, making you 62.0% otaku pure (38.0% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 15%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

The average purity for this test is 66.4%.

I'm hardcore, hell yeah. Some of that stuff was pushing it though, lol. I got a good laugh out of it.
peedu
imanewbie

Post by peedu »

You answered "yes" to 31 of 200 questions, making you 84.5% otaku pure (15.5% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 8%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.
Damien
Dirty Sennin

Post by Damien »

This is the worst case I have ever seen:

I wonder if he ever has gotten laid...

http://www.gomanga.com/news/features_aoi_001.php
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Someone needs to put him out of his misery.

Now.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

You answered "yes" to 93 of 200 questions, making you 53.5% otaku pure (46.5% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 15%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

Ugh
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

i was looking at this guy's room and the only thing i could think of was "HO-LY SHIIIIIT" :shock: that-...wow. reminds me of what could be, you know? and i scrolled down, and every-time...more shit.

i dont think ill ever meet anyone who would feel comfortable sleeping with that guy in THAT room. creepy, no?

Bengal
Mastered PM

Post by Bengal »

kinda depends. I didn't see a picture of the guy, was he cute?
Fuji Nagase

Post by Fuji Nagase »

see, im not sure it matters...

ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

21% corrupt here
MonkWren
notanewb

Post by MonkWren »

You answered "yes" to 31 of 200 questions, making you 84.5% otaku pure (15.5% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 11%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.
Wow, those were some dumb questions. I feel like I lost a few IQ points just reading them.

And that website of the guy's room was just..... amazing. It scares me to know that people like that really do exist.
ZoddsNo1Fan
This is my new home

Post by ZoddsNo1Fan »

Yea that otaku guy is gonna be a millionaire if he chooses. Tens of thousands of dollars in collectables, just think of this 15 years from now when this stuff is rare and hes like....."i got 10 of them"
dialdfordesi

Re: Otaku quiz.

Post by dialdfordesi »

You answered "yes" to 24 of 200 questions, making you 88.0% otaku pure (12.0% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 8%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

The first submission for this test was received August 5, 1998.

I guess that's a good thing...?
Trust me, I'm a doctor!
Lazarus Ledd
imanewbie

Post by Lazarus Ledd »

Here's mine:

Code: Select all

Your otaku Purity Test Results
You answered "yes" to 43 of 200 questions, making you 78.5% otaku pure (21.5% otaku corrupt). 
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 10%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

I think in Croatia, an Otaku is a person reffered as anime dealer guy, (for free of course)
Burako
imanewbie

Post by Burako »

53/200 71.0% otaku pure and 8% wierdness factor

but is kind of anfair, cus ai live in chile, so i cant subscribe to manga magazine cuz its like US$20, nor i can travel to japan due to studies and shit
so its kind for only yankees, or U.S. people only

never the less, it was really funny, hahah

o and tha guy´s room its out of this world, its insane, how can anyone spen that much money on that, although there are some cool stuff there, hahahaha
Tonbo
Mastered PM
Location: I am the one who lives in the darkness, and shatters it.

Post by Tonbo »

I'm 48.5% otaku corrupt. This quiz was seriously old school! Super VHS, wow... I know DVD has only been around for 12 years but I haven't used a VHS in 4 years. Man... I remember the days when you had to mail fansubbers a stamped envelope and they would send you back a subbed VHS. Now THOSE subbers were hardcore....

I loved the link to Adam's room! It reminds me of Densha Otoko (or Welcome to the NHK)-- definitely a drama worth checking out, over at d-addicts.com

The only evidence of my otakudom lies on the 4 or 5 hard drives I've filled up over time...
and the manga...
and the VHS anime tapes I got as gifts, still shrink-wrapped because I don't have a vhs player.
jistanidiot
imanewbie

Re:

Post by jistanidiot »

Damien wrote:This is the worst case I have ever seen:

I wonder if he ever has gotten laid...

http://www.gomanga.com/news/features_aoi_001.php
:shock:
I'm not sure if I should be impressed or feel pity for the otaku.
Grandfather_of_Lies
notanewb

Post by Grandfather_of_Lies »

You answered "yes" to 83 of 200 questions, making you 58.5% otaku pure (41.5% otaku corrupt).
Your Weirdness Factor (AKA Uniqueness Factor) is 22%, based on a comparison of your test results with 91823 other submissions for this test.

Damn and i thought it would be lees. And only about 5 questions about manga it's no good at all.
Jack! Jack!
Jack in a Box
Jack of all Trades