MGS:4 hype thread.

Welcome to the official EG Gaming Buzkashi League (EGBL).

Moderator: EG Members

Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Finito wrote:Did you ever play the game wow.
Of course I did. It is made very clear in MGS2, that since Raiden was raised as a ruthless killer, he has problems connecting with people in social situations. BTW, can't you write a more legible post? Oh well, whatever, I was just trying to figure what the excuse for your own social handicaps is. With all the bitter sounding posts you make around here, you appear to be the one who's emo, so you have no room to talk about Raiden. You even said he was Snake's patawan, hence, his successor. Meh, I don't feel like arguing about it though. Let's just wait and see how things go. ;)
Finito
I live in a giant bucket.

Post by Finito »

With all the bitter sounding posts you make around here, you appear to be the one who's emo, so you have no room to talk about Raiden.
You will never know it , dont feel like blasting someone trough a forum :twisted: , il let you think as you want btw check this out if you want a emo haircut http://www.uselessjunk.com/modules.php? ... e&sid=2267
found that on the net and pretty much piss my pantz off .

I don't feel like arguing about it though. Let's just wait and see how things go.
Roger that !
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Heh, ain't that the truth, silly emo hair.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I like the second hair cut after "It certainly doesn't make you look unique". Anywho, Raiden is a super ninja and super ninja's are cool. If they weren't they wouldn't be ninja.
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

It was either Kojima or someone on his team that said this, but apparently after playing MGS4 everyone "is going to love Raiden". I'll believe that when I see it.
ImageImage
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

I wont believe that even when i see it.
Femto
Devourer of Children

Post by Femto »

Tempest wrote:It was either Kojima or someone on his team that said this, but apparently after playing MGS4 everyone "is going to love Raiden". I'll believe that when I see it.
It was Kojima.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

This one goes out to all the haters.
Finito wrote:OMG to all those who think raiden is a successor you just got impressed by a simple cinematic sequence . If kojima wanted he would have made a 10 time better sequence with snake like dodging nade jumping mid air headshot 200 metters in some nub sniping soldiers in a tower or simply trow some explosive on moron robot .

from my point of view , i think raiden is the mystic cool guy emo with black mascara that everyone gonna like cuz he make some well timed appearance always wipping some ass . He just got no charisma i hate him and im pretty sure he got a wireless dildo inside is costume .

Snake > raiden
Hideo Kojima wrote:Well...Raiden's blood isn't real. It's white, actually, and artificial - which is why his face is so pale.
Now what!? That's right, he's now a cyborg. So all you haters can cram that emo bullshit up your ass. That also explains the mad pwnage he has in the trailer.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

I must say, the more I think about it, the more I hate the idea of Raiden as a cyborg ninja. I'm sure Kojima will handle it excellently, but at first glance it just seems a cheap and easy way to do away with Raiden's past suckage.
"I love a buz" - LordMune, 2012
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Past suckage! Man, I swear, you guys are crazy. Raiden has always been cool.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Starnum wrote:Past suckage! Man, I swear, you guys are crazy. Raiden has always been cool.
You misunderstand; MGS4 Raiden is Kojima's reaction to what he portrayed in the MGS3 'secret theatre'; the fans' reactions to MGS2 Raiden. I think the impulse of making Raiden interesting may play havoc with how Raiden was originally 'mapped out'.

I doubt Kojima sat down during the planning stage of MGS2 and thought "and then I'm going to phase Snake out, and then there's Raiden and everyone will love him and Snake will be like a mentor maybe... And then Raiden will become a freakin' über cyborg ninja and Snake will star in the next two games even if he is dying by the fourth!"

The cyborg we saw in the trailer wasn't Kojima's Raiden- it was the Raiden the fans wanted.
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

Oh, believe me, I know. I liked him before though, and didn't think a change was neccessary. However, I'm down with Cyborg-Raiden too though, so we'll see how it goes.
Tsaier
imanewbie

Post by Tsaier »

Raiden was a great character with lot's of depth, infact most people that played the game outside the U.S. really enjoyed him. I didn't like the english voice actor, but it didn't take away from the game at all.

It's funny how Kojima really knows how to please, I saw an interview (at I think gametrailers) where he describes the change in Raiden for MGS4 and it's mostly to please all these haters. Sadly, for the haters Raiden is now "Bad ass" to them just because of One scene where he get's buck, doesnt that say something about the haters? Just throw some violence in front of them and they will like it.

MGS4 will be very cool non the less.
*Shrug*
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Raiden had interesting story but he was such a boring character that i dislike him mostly for that and the fact that for some reason he took Solid's place.

It was cool to see Snake in Raiden's perspective but he was soo boring. His voice didnt help iether.

Raiden would never star in MGS4, since its about Metal Gear SOLID ;)

I dont find Raiden cooler now either just cause he uses cyborg ninja outfit and had one good action scene.

Me i judge characters by how interesting they are.

Which is why i love Solid Snake as much i like for example The Man without a name in Sergio Leono's spagetti westerns. He is such in interesting character,with the coolest voice in gaming history.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Starnum
Elven King

Post by Starnum »

I didn't find Raiden boring at all. He was far too complex to be boring. The reason Kojima made Raiden the main character, was because the fans had voiced that they wanted to play someone other than Snake. Then they complained about Snake not being the main character in MGS2. You just can't please some people. Oh well, you can't please all the people all the time, but the MGS series comes damn close. :P
Libaax
Of The Abyss

Post by Libaax »

Raiden had one another thing that killed him for me ,that was Rose *yikes*

Its like Kojima wanted him to fail with the way he told his story.
The ink of a scholar is worth a thousand times more than the blood of the martyr- The Quran
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Rosemary was the only thing i hated about raiden. He sommersaulted for christ sakes!
Tempest
Dirty Sennin

Post by Tempest »

Libaax wrote:Raiden had one another thing that killed him for me ,that was Rose *yikes*

Malvado wrote:Rosemary was the only thing i hated about raiden. He sommersaulted for christ sakes!
ImageImage
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Since no one replied I have to. That comic was pleasent. Thank you come again.
raziel
This is my new home

Post by raziel »

I'm sure this is well known, but I happened to watch a part of Escape from LA and Solid Snake is pretty much ripped off of the main guy of the movie (Kurt Russell). His name is Snake Pliskin, has an eyepatch, and even his voice sounds similar to Solid Snake's. Solid Snake's voice wasn't always like this in the games though. In the first mgs for ps, his voice wasn't so raspy and hoarse.
He definitely is overratted since he doesn't have as much a personality as in the first mgs where he was really cool. It's all about what's my next mission objective in the second one, but he does have the potential to be cool in this next installment
halfnhalf
Conversation Killer

Post by halfnhalf »

raziel wrote:I'm sure this is well known, but I happened to watch a part of Escape from LA and Solid Snake is pretty much ripped off of the main guy of the movie (Kurt Russell). His name is Snake Pliskin, has an eyepatch, and even his voice sounds similar to Solid Snake's. Solid Snake's voice wasn't always like this in the games though. In the first mgs for ps, his voice wasn't so raspy and hoarse.
He definitely is overratted since he doesn't have as much a personality as in the first mgs where he was really cool. It's all about what's my next mission objective in the second one, but he does have the potential to be cool in this next installment

Go watch Escape from New York instead.
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

Snake didn't have a voice on MG.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Malvado wrote:Snake didn't have a voice on MG.
Raziel wrote:the first mgs for ps
How is it physically possible to miss this?
Malvado
Crusher of Dreams

Post by Malvado »

I didn't miss it but thanks for your varied knowledge!
raziel wrote: Solid Snake's voice wasn't always like this in the games though.
I was just saying he didn't have a voice in MG. Pretty much to be a smart ass.

So thank you Lord Mune again for revealing your vast know how of the universe.
LordMune
Femto's Favorite Member

Post by LordMune »

Malvado wrote:So thank you Lord Mune again for revealing your vast know how of the universe.
Anything for you, my sweet.